d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > How To Record Your Guitar On The Pc > Does Anyone Know ?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,496.00
Oct 4 2008 09:20am
Hi

So a friend of mine asked me if i could record some guitar lines on my pc, and send it to him ( he plays the drums ).
Imo it would be easier to jsut get a pratice room, but it is very hard to find one around where i live..

So what would i need to record my guitar ? Some kind of program ? If yes, which one would you recommend ?
A sound card ? A good amp ( mine sucks.. ) ?

Regards
and thanks
Gold: 220.00
Oct 4 2008 09:53am
Well the cheapest solution is a toneport, it has pretty good tones with the gearbox software. This is a direct line method, where you plug your guitar straight into the box, or through your effects and then to the box. The distortions are kinda weak so you may need a distortion medal if you want very high gain stuff. The other, much more expensive option is getting an interface and use microphones. This option would be if you really like the sound of your amplifier and want to capture that sound. If your amp is weak then i suggest the toneport. However if you continue recording you will probably want to upgrade to a better interface and microphones.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINTONEPORTGX
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll