d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Which Classical Guitar To Buy. > Help
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 2 2008 09:06pm
yep....any reocmmendations???????
Gold: 83.00
Oct 3 2008 09:39pm
1958 Gibson Les Paul
Oct 4 2008 09:26am
Quote (fuzzy159 @ Sat, Oct 4 2008, 03:39am)
1958 Gibson Les Paul

/fail

it depends on how advanced you are with classical music. if you're really good, then i'd say get a good one, but classical guitars can be super fucking expensive. if you're not good and just want one to fuck around with, just get a cheap ibanez or like yamaha. i got an ibanez classical guitar for free, and being that i don't play much classical music, it suits me just fine. if classical is a style you're willing to pursue, then spend good money and get one worth having
Gold: 83.00
Oct 4 2008 11:24am
Quote (sublime96 @ Sat, Oct 4 2008, 10:26am)
/fail

it depends on how advanced you are with classical music. if you're really good, then i'd say get a good one, but classical guitars can be super fucking expensive. if you're not good and just want one to fuck around with, just get a cheap ibanez or like yamaha. i got an ibanez classical guitar for free, and being that i don't play much classical music, it suits me just fine. if classical is a style you're willing to pursue, then spend good money and get one worth having

I thought he said Classic Guitar not classical.

This post was edited by fuzzy159 on Oct 4 2008 11:25am
Gold: 220.00
Oct 4 2008 11:59am
Please bear in mind that an acoustic guitar and a classical guitar are very different. The acoustic guitar is generally played with picks because its harder to play steel strings with fingers. Not to say you cant. The classical can be played with fingers or pick. Each has very different styles of playing as well as how you hold it. An acoustic guitar is usually played like one would normaly see someone playing guitar, with half the body sticking out on the right side of the body and the other half between the legs. The classical is played with the bottom of the body leaning against the right leg on the inside of the thigh and the curve sites on the left leg having the neck pointing upwards.
Classical position

Acoustic
Pros - Small frets, cut out for higher fret access
Cons - steel strings are harder to push down

Classical
Pros - Nylon strings are easy to press
Cons - Huge ass frets
Oct 5 2008 08:45am
the necks on classical guitars are also pretty fucking mammoth. most people who play classical guitars don't use pics because they can damage the nylon strings fairly easy.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll