d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar Players!
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,435.00
Oct 2 2008 04:22pm
Yo! Wassup people from JSP!

I kind of wanted to get more involved in the forum and saw this part, so might as well post something here!

Was just wondering if there are any guitar players around? Like... what do you guys play? And maybe do you have some videos or songs uploaded anywhere?

Just want to start a convo that might end up with hints/tips about guitar in the end. tongue.gif
Gold: 220.00
Oct 2 2008 08:05pm
I had a ton of them but lost em when my HDD crashed. I recorded The trooper, has no singing or the second solo, not long ago and im working on a recording of Countdown to Extinction

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Chaosinborn/
Oct 2 2008 08:19pm
Freaking nice... you're good man. You know... if had much time on my hands I'd be rocking out too... but freaking college ate all the time out of my hands. So now whenever I can I attack my guitar... bust my fingers and ears fall out because amp's too loud XD

Man... I think I'll need to check your profile when you'll put more stuff on it.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 2 2008 09:24pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkshadeTom

Currently my High E string is broken and got no more to replace it (Have 11 packs of strings, not 1 High E LOL) so I can't really do much sad.gif

Still check out my youtube, leave comments/rates/subscribe if you like.
Oct 3 2008 11:53am
Quote (Darkshade @ Thu, Oct 2 2008, 11:24pm)
http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkshadeTom

Currently my High E string is broken and got no more to replace it (Have 11 packs of strings, not 1 High E LOL) so I can't really do much sad.gif

Still check out my youtube, leave comments/rates/subscribe if you like.

lol Craving attention? XD Only if I like. o.-

You really should play full songs... and try to play with nothing in the background. *nods* It trains your ear like crazy... you develop an inner metronome that way. happy.gif

This post was edited by Magnak on Oct 3 2008 11:56am
Oct 3 2008 02:42pm
Quote (Magnak @ Fri, Oct 3 2008, 01:53pm)
lol Craving attention? XD Only if I like. o.-

You really should play full songs... and try to play with nothing in the background. *nods* It trains your ear like crazy... you develop an inner metronome that way. happy.gif

Not craving attention at all. The guy posted his UG profile, so I posted my youtube profile.

I can play full songs, just too lazy to learn them because the only actual interesting part are the solos.

And I can, but it doesn't sound good at all playing solos without the backing track on videos.
Oct 3 2008 04:45pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Fri, Oct 3 2008, 04:42pm)
Not craving attention at all. The guy posted his UG profile, so I posted my youtube profile.

I can play full songs, just too lazy to learn them because the only actual interesting part are the solos.

And I can, but it doesn't sound good at all playing solos without the backing track on videos.

Hey hey! I was just kidding mate. No need for hate.

Too lazy? I say no will XD A song isn't about the solos... it isn't about how fast or how how much you can play... it's all about the flow it gives. A song wouldn't be a song if it was only based on one thing, am I wrong? Okay fine, maybe you like the solos, but you still got to vary a little bit. Expand your horizons as they say.... but whatever man. Just stating my opinion. Not looking for warfare or whatnot.

And of course it doesn't sound good... that's why you must practice to MAKE it sound good. XP

EDIT: Really... no offense on all of this. Just conversationing XD

This post was edited by Magnak on Oct 3 2008 04:46pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Oct 3 2008 06:32pm
I'll get some videos up at some point of originals I've done. Maybe I'll do some covers, but that doesn't interest me quite as much.
Oct 3 2008 09:50pm
Quote (Magnak @ Fri, Oct 3 2008, 06:45pm)
Hey hey! I was just kidding mate. No need for hate.

Too lazy? I say no will XD A song isn't about the solos... it isn't about how fast or how how much you can play... it's all about the flow it gives. A song wouldn't be a song if it was only based on one thing, am I wrong? Okay fine, maybe you like the solos, but you still got to vary a little bit. Expand your horizons as they say.... but whatever man. Just stating my opinion. Not looking for warfare or whatnot.

And of course it doesn't sound good... that's why you must practice to MAKE it sound good. XP

EDIT: Really... no offense on all of this. Just conversationing XD

tongue.gif Wasn't hating too.

And I know it's not all about the solos, but I just feel that's the only parts worth uploading.

I didn't mean that kind of "Doesn't sound good". I meant like it feels too empty, there's no atmosphere whatsoever, there's no context in which you're playing the solo, hope you understand what I mean.

Quote (Jebsus @ Fri, Oct 3 2008, 08:32pm)
I'll get some videos up at some point of originals I've done. Maybe I'll do some covers, but that doesn't interest me quite as much.

I'd like to hear some of your originals smile.gif Maybe I'll get some videos of mine up too, who knows tongue.gif

This post was edited by Darkshade on Oct 3 2008 09:51pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Oct 4 2008 09:24am
Quote (Jebsus @ Sat, Oct 4 2008, 12:32am)

yea originals are the way to go. i can't stand learning cover songs, makes me feel generic. i have recordings but they're done on my cell phone, so=fail.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll