d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Does Anyone Play The Djembe? > Iso: People.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.00
Sep 14 2008 10:31pm
I've been playing the piano for 8~ years (guitar:2 years, drums: off and on) now and am looking to buy one of these drums after seeing it used in a video of "Burn One Down" by Ben Harper. The drum is called an Djembe drum. I was just wondering, that if a person had prior experience with percussion and rhythm... would this drum be easy to pick up and play some cool beats?

Thanks.
Gold: 0.00
Sep 18 2008 07:24am
Quote (tannerwachsman @ Mon, Sep 15 2008, 02:01pm)
I've been playing the piano for 8~ years (guitar:2 years, drums: off and on) now and am looking to buy one of these drums after seeing it used in a video of "Burn One Down" by Ben Harper. The drum is called an Djembe drum. I was just wondering, that if a person had prior experience with percussion and rhythm... would this drum be easy to pick up and play some cool beats?

Thanks.

Yeah man,it's really easy to get some cool beats out of djembe's!I've been playing drums for 15 years or so and had a djembe for a year or so,and I love it.
There's a few techniques to get different sounds you could find on the net but it's basically open palm for bass and rimshot slap for snare and experimentation.
A fun addition to any muso's collection!

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll