d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Got A New Head Recently
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 14 2008 07:53pm
I found an epiphone valve jr. head on eebay recently, and i decided to get it. It's a pretty simple head, featuring only an input, volume knob, and on/off switch. It's tube tone is pretty good all around and, and for only 5 watts, gets really loud. i've jammed out with it a few times already, and it really gets the job done over a drummer, guitarists, and a banjo player. I need to use pedals with it, but i don't have a problem with that. An OD pedal is all you really need for this puppy.
Sep 14 2008 07:57pm
Good shit. It's amazing what a small tube amp can do when you OD it. I've seen videos of 1 watt tube amps that could fit in the palm of your hand, which overdrive extremely easily. Hook one of those up to a PA and you actually get a pretty badass tone out of it.
Sep 14 2008 08:28pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Mon, Sep 15 2008, 01:57am)
Good shit. It's amazing what a small tube amp can do when you OD it. I've seen videos of 1 watt tube amps that could fit in the palm of your hand, which overdrive extremely easily. Hook one of those up to a PA and you actually get a pretty badass tone out of it.

yea man i've seen those videos too, that thing is sick. one thing i'm not completely sure on is whether or not i need an attenuator. do you happen to know?
Sep 15 2008 08:12pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Mon, Sep 15 2008, 02:28am)
one thing i'm not completely sure on is whether or not i need an attenuator. do you happen to know?

don't really know much about them, see them in lots of peoples' youtube videos.
Sep 15 2008 09:08pm
I don't think you'll need an attenuator. That's more for like 120 watt tube heads and insanely powerful amps that you want to crank without demolishing your house. I'm not sure what kind of effect it would have on a 5watt amp.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll