d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Hate My Guitar? > But I Loved It Last Week...
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 120.50
Sep 4 2008 10:34pm
I play a Gibson Les Paul Jr. that my uncle gave to me. It has its pros and cons, but all in all its a good guitar. I wasn't really digging the tiny frets, so I bought a new Fender Highway One USA Strat with jumbo frets two weeks ago. At first, I was completely in love with it. It had the best feel and sound... Did you ever pick up that one guitar, and it felt like it was made just for you? Well, that's how this guitar felt. Over the past few days, the guitar felt harder to play, and became more of a chore. I messed around with different string gauges and messed with the action, but I can't find a feel that I like anymore. I switched back to my Gibson, and now I hate my new guitar. I'm totally in love with my Gibson once again.

I've realized that my guitar preference changes way too often... I know that in a week or two, i'll love the guitar again.

Does anyone else suffer with this same problem? It's f*cking killing me man.

This post was edited by fireoptic on Sep 4 2008 10:35pm
Gold: 116.56
Sep 4 2008 11:37pm
I haven't necessarily experienced it myself, but my friend has actually had the same problem. However, it isn't really a problem to him because he switches guitars when he gets tired of his current one. He currently has like 3 guitars and switches between them.

This post was edited by TommorowAwaits on Sep 4 2008 11:38pm
Gold: Locked
Warn: 20%
Sep 4 2008 11:39pm
Quote (fireoptic @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 04:34am)
I play a Gibson Les Paul Jr. that my uncle gave to me. It has its pros and cons, but all in all its a good guitar.  I wasn't really digging the tiny frets, so I bought a new Fender Highway One USA Strat with jumbo frets two weeks ago. At first, I was completely in love with it. It had the best feel and sound... Did you ever pick up that one guitar, and it felt like it was made just for you? Well, that's how this guitar felt. Over the past few days, the guitar felt harder to play, and became more of a chore. I messed around with different string gauges and messed with the action, but I can't find a feel that I like anymore. I switched back to my Gibson, and now I hate my new guitar. I'm totally in love with my Gibson once again.

I've realized that my guitar preference changes way too often... I know that in a week or two, i'll love the guitar again.

lool
Sep 5 2008 05:34am
Quote (TommorowAwaits @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 12:37am)
I haven't necessarily experienced it myself, but my friend has actually had the same problem. However, it isn't really a problem to him because he switches guitars when he gets tired of his current one. He currently has like 3 guitars and switches between them.

Yeah, it's not exactly a "hate" for it. I just had to exaggerate to express my anger... haha
Gold: 0.09
Sep 5 2008 07:46am
Quote (fireoptic @ Fri, Sep 5 2008, 12:34am)
I play a Gibson Les Paul Jr. that my uncle gave to me. It has its pros and cons, but all in all its a good guitar. I wasn't really digging the tiny frets, so I bought a new Fender Highway One USA Strat with jumbo frets two weeks ago. At first, I was completely in love with it. It had the best feel and sound... Did you ever pick up that one guitar, and it felt like it was made just for you? Well, that's how this guitar felt. Over the past few days, the guitar felt harder to play, and became more of a chore. I messed around with different string gauges and messed with the action, but I can't find a feel that I like anymore. I switched back to my Gibson, and now I hate my new guitar. I'm totally in love with my Gibson once again.

called you like some of the sounds you make with fender

and u like some of sonds with gibson...

Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 5 2008 10:36pm
eh, this somewhat happens to me sometimes, but not really as the only guitars i tend to play anyway are real similar in feel for me. when i bought my first fender, i got so used to the nice thin sanded neck that it had, that i ended up not wanting to play the other guitars i had due to their necks being real uncomfortable and foreign to me. even since i've aquired my mim tele, which is far inferior in make and quality to my usa strats, i've just been only like wanting to play that. i still love my other guitars, and don't think i could say i "hate" them, i just kind of go through phases where one will feel much more comfortable to me than another.
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 40%
Sep 6 2008 08:03am
Been playing the same Epiphone SG Special Edition for the last 4 years, never had such a feeling. I'd like another guitar with a new sound, but I certainly wouldn't be giving up or getting rid of my SG to do so.
Sep 6 2008 05:32pm
I love my Fender again.

I really think I have some sort of psychological problem.
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Sep 6 2008 05:48pm
Quote (fireoptic @ Sat, Sep 6 2008, 11:32pm)
I love my Fender again.

you oughta always love your fender! i have 3 of them. you can't go wrong with fender
Gold: 19,597.59
Sep 7 2008 03:00pm
Quote (fireoptic @ Sat, Sep 6 2008, 06:32pm)
I love my Fender again.

there is only one solution, and it took me years to figure it out. buy one of each. you got a gibson and a fender, now get a gretch and maybe a hamer? i liked my teachers old hamer, but i think it was a hamer neck on some other body...
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll