d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Posted Up 3 New Videos Today. (awesome Audio)
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13.80
Aug 8 2008 08:01pm
http://www.youtube.com/user/StevenConverse

There's the link if you feel like donating your time and giving some feedback on the usual stuff...tone, playing. I didn't get a chance to slip in some JP covers yet, but probably on Monday I will do so.

Disclaimer: Yes, I borrowed some licks from Mr. Govan, Mr. Sfogli, and Mr. Petrucci in the May jam.

Disclaimer #2: Chris Feener wrote the version for 'Oh Danny Boy' and it is merely my humble attempt at it. I hope Chris doesn't mind.

Oh, and if there's any problem with the sync, blame Windows Movie Maker for not allowing me to move the audio in very small increments on the timeline.(also perhaps Youtube, because the videos looked fine before I uploaded them) I recorded all these through the direct out on my Mark IV and on Audacity, and I used the audio from that and combined it with the video on Windows Movie Maker. Thanks in advance for the feedback!(good or bad, lol)
Gold: 203.33
Aug 8 2008 08:07pm
Very nice.
Dream Theater is also my favorite band smile.gif

This post was edited by Audio on Aug 8 2008 08:07pm
Gold: 655.00
Aug 16 2008 07:15pm
You're good xD
Gold: 0.00
Aug 16 2008 07:26pm
Awesome playing there! I envy your guitar, JP is one, if not the one, of my favorite guitarists. Anyways, you're really talented, the tone was incredible and that's pretty much all I can say. How long have you been playing for? I'm 16 myself and been playing for about 3 years now but I don't practice enough sad.gif

If you have some time, mind checking out my 2 videos I uploaded not long ago? My first 2 videos too tongue.gif The sound is low because my mic sucks but the quality is not bad.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DarkshadeTom

This post was edited by Darkshade on Aug 16 2008 07:26pm
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Aug 16 2008 09:43pm
You've got chops. That was very good. How long have you been playing for?

As for things you could work on: Your phrasing could use a bit of work. It's easy for a trumpeter, since he has to breathe, but it's more difficult for us guitarists who can play for hours without pausing for a beat. This should come naturally, though, as you develop your own style. Overall, though, very good for a 16 year old!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll