d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I'm Wanting To Get Into Guitar
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Jul 17 2008 10:24pm
Well, i've played guitar before, taken some lessons learned a bit of this and a bit of that never really got into it. Basically, I need to go back to basics like i'm just starting. I've heard that lessons are NOT the best way to go about it. Which would you say is? Right now I have a Yamaki Deluxe folk No. AY333 acoustic and a homemade (uncle made it) electric (not sure on details) Any advice would be great.
Gold: 3,000.69
Jul 18 2008 12:48am
Quote (Levis356 @ Fri, 18 Jul 2008, 05:24)
Well, i've played guitar before, taken some lessons learned a bit of this and a bit of that never really got into it. Basically, I need to go back to basics like i'm just starting. I've heard that lessons are NOT the best way to go about it. Which would you say is? Right now I have a Yamaki Deluxe folk No. AY333 acoustic and a homemade (uncle made it) electric (not sure on details) Any advice would be great.

You heard wrong. With the right teacher, it is the best way imho, helped me a lot.

Gold: 0.00
Warn: 60%
Jul 19 2008 06:36am
Do what you feel is comfortable, you dont need lessons if you feel they arent necessary and if you dont like them, just teach yourself.

as for a guitar, any guitar you like playing, thats comfortable to play for you

its really all your own preference
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Jul 19 2008 07:01am
Quote (Levis356 @ Fri, Jul 18 2008, 04:24am)

just buy a really short and clear book about things u sould not do...and to play just put your finger near the piece of metal on w/e string and pluck that string with your right hand smile.gif and there are a bunch of other things too...so buy a book!
Gold: 0.00
Jul 19 2008 12:36pm
If you can get lessons, get them.

I personally don't like lessons because I took some for a year and learned NOTHING. Maybe it was just my teacher though.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll