d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Anyone Know Anything About Drums? > I Need Help Plox.
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 489.25
Warn: 10%
May 27 2008 06:16pm
I have very small budget...
With that said here's my questions. =]

http://www.music123.com/Sound-Percussion-5-Piece-Drum-Shell-Pack-490863-i1372484.Music123

Also do you think it will come with stands?

I have also picked out a hi hat and crash..

http://www.music123.com/Zildjian-Planet-Z-Crash-449976-i1141836.Music123
http://www.music123.com/Zildjian-Planet-Z-Hi-Hat-Bottom-449978-i1141838.Music123

Would these work well and be good for their price?

Last question.. do I need more?

Please answer and thanks if you do.
-Landon
Gold: 4,179.07
May 27 2008 07:45pm
I've never heard of Sound Percussion, so I couldn't tell you how quality their products are. My guess is that it's a cheap company that makes beginner drumsets, like First Act and those other things.
If you get this kit, the best thing you can do to make it sound good would be take off the stock heads that come on it and replace them with some decent heads (Evans G2 Genera are good all around heads) and have it tuned by someone who knows what they're doing.

Otherwise, if you want to drop a couple more bucks, Pearl makes great drumsets. There are many other companies out there as well. My suggestion is to go to your local music shop and play around. See what they can do for you in terms of a cheap set. Don't be afraid to hit the drums and see how they sound. Do this with cymbals as well, even if you can't afford them, find what kind of sound you like. Talk to the people there, and let them know what you know about drums, they should be very nice and help you with a decision that's in your budget.

Cymbals suggestion: Sabian XS pack. They come in a pack of crash, ride, and hi-hats. It's <100 for the pack I believe, and they sound good.
Banned
Gold: 489.25
Warn: 10%
May 28 2008 06:03am
Quote (AnBerliN @ Tue, May 27 2008, 08:45pm)
I've never heard of Sound Percussion, so I couldn't tell you how quality their products are. My guess is that it's a cheap company that makes beginner drumsets, like First Act and those other things.
If you get this kit, the best thing you can do to make it sound good would be take off the stock heads that come on it and replace them with some decent heads (Evans G2 Genera are good all around heads) and have it tuned by someone who knows what they're doing.

Otherwise, if you want to drop a couple more bucks, Pearl makes great drumsets. There are many other companies out there as well. My suggestion is to go to your local music shop and play around. See what they can do for you in terms of a cheap set. Don't be afraid to hit the drums and see how they sound. Do this with cymbals as well, even if you can't afford them, find what kind of sound you like. Talk to the people there, and let them know what you know about drums, they should be very nice and help you with a decision that's in your budget.

Cymbals suggestion: Sabian XS pack. They come in a pack of crash, ride, and hi-hats. It's <100 for the pack I believe, and they sound good.

=]

Thanks a lot. I will post back when I do so to give ya what happens.

P.S. If you ever go to the halo forums and need help just post. (Don't you go there from time to time? cause I have seen you post.)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll