d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Made Up A New Quote
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Jul 2 2009 03:09am
weasleface, i give you props for posting this thread. i back you up 100%. i also think its sad you got attacked over the past 7 pages of posts about your beliefs.

on the debate about creationism/evolution, i think everyone needs to watch the video "expelled: no intelligence allowed" even scientists agree there are huge flaws with darwin's ideas about evolution and the origin of all life from a single organism.

science even suggests that itself is wrong, because it calculates a 1/1-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion probability of all necesary proteins to support multi-cellular life to be created by inorganic molecules by chance. if you don't accept that, then you need to come up with another explanation of how life began without intelligent design, and science hasn't come up with any reasonable answers.

and no, the bible isn't a lie. you believe everything you hear from textbooks, articles, and newspapers that were written in the past and accept those as truth, so why disbelieve the bible when it is the exact same thing?

also, people always try to discredit the bible by submitting "proof" that its wrong. no one says that the bible is 100% literally true, alot of Jesus' words were metaphors and stories used to teach lessons, so why should we assume that parts of the bible aren't the same way? Jesus wasn't only the Son of God, but also God himself.

lastly, if everything in the bible was proven to be truth, and there was no debate on any of the issues, there would be no point to religion, because everyone would believe. that's the whole point of beliefs, you have to trust in God, beacuse there is no way to prove that every single thing is unquestionably true.

Gold: 0.00
Jul 2 2009 03:50am
The only reason he got jumped on is because atheists and agnostics get kinda
tired of Christians rubbing their religion in our faces. The way I look at it - I'm
going to be the best person I can be and if that is not good enough to get accepted
into heaven (if there is one) then there's something fucked up with that. That's just
how I see it. I know I may come off as an asshole sometimes on this site, but if you knew
me you would know I don't get mad at all really till you fuck with my family or friends. Otherwise
I am usually kidding. So I think that if that's not enough to get into this utopia then maybe I don't
wanna be part of that world.
Gold: 1.04
Jul 2 2009 06:28am
heh... well, science vs. religion doesn't get us anywhere -- heres a better question Christians (I'm not an atheist btw, just saying), why Christianity? Why not Islam? Judaism? Buddhism? Sikhism? Hinduism? Zoroastrianism?
The point I'm trying to make is that I'm 99% sure none of you know as much about these other religions as you do about Christianity, and so you go with Christianity because you were raised with Christianity -- not because you KNOW for a fact its true; "truer" than science, or "truer" than other religions, you just have FAITH that it is -- and ironically, there is nothing to argue about faith. You can't say, oh science hasn't proven half of the things in the Bible wrong, so religion wins. No, thats wrong, thats NOT why you believe in the Christianity (I recommend that you check yourself if it is one of your reasons) -- you believe just because you have faith.

Now let me propose something else, just because you believe in Christianity, does that mean you have to discard science from your life? Do you really believe the Earth was created in 7 days when there is more than enough evidence that it was not (as the Bible describes it)? So someone did say that there are a lot of metaphors -- and maybe this is one of them, and so who is someone to tell me that science in this case is wrong because he or she believes the Bible word for word? No, thats called blind reading without understanding the intent behind the words... in other words, a lack of comprehension.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind." -Albert Einstein

This post was edited by BovineDesi on Jul 2 2009 06:29am
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 2 2009 09:02am
weasleface, I hate you so much.
Gold: 2.57
Jul 2 2009 12:24pm
Quote (xReflectionsx @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 09:09am)
weasleface, i give you props for posting this thread. i back you up 100%. i also think its sad you got attacked over the past 7 pages of posts about your beliefs.

on the debate about creationism/evolution, i think everyone needs to watch the video "expelled: no intelligence allowed" even scientists agree there are huge flaws with darwin's ideas about evolution and the origin of all life from a single organism.

That movie is 100% LIES and bullshit. It's been debunked from beginning to end. http://www.expelledexposed.net/ I mean come on he tries to fucking link the theory of Evolution to the Holocaust and Nazi Germany. LOL.

Evolution has NO flaws. it is fact.

science even suggests that itself is wrong, because it calculates a 1/1-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion-trillion probability of all necesary proteins to support multi-cellular life to be created by inorganic molecules by chance. if you don't accept that, then you need to come up with another explanation of how life began without intelligent design, and science hasn't come up with any reasonable answers.

No, those probability's are all bullshit. They are calculated completely wrongly, ON PURPOSE. You need to look at the other side instead of just blindly accepting those stupid creationist propaganda videos.

and no, the bible isn't a lie. you believe everything you hear from textbooks, articles, and newspapers that were written in the past and accept those as truth, so why disbelieve the bible when it is the exact same thing?

So why don't you believe all of the other religious books?

We can listen to textbooks and newspapers because those aren't making supernatural claims.

This post was edited by wh0racLe on Jul 2 2009 12:44pm
Gold: 1.00
Jul 2 2009 12:43pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 01:17am)
Well if you're going to go that route. Then how do you know that killing, stealing or lying is wrong, as you said before. If the Bible isn't true, where did you get your views on those subjects? What if someone else was to believe there is nothing wrong with those things?

Where does it say that the earth is the center of the universe, because I have never read this.

Edit: Yeah i'm gunna head to bed to. Let me know if you want to debate some more, im always open for it bro.

Edit on your edit: Once again, I know that those views are correct because God says in the Bible that the book is the 100% true word of God.

Democratically decided laws and values, and tradition. We have over time devised laws and customs that best work in our societies. Since the beginning of time our societies have been deciding how to handle lying, stealing, killing. Our most basic understanding of what ought to be right or wrong is to treat others how you would wish to be treated, if you were in their position. Would you want to be denied marriage to someone you love? No. Would you like to be killed? No. Would you like someone to steal from you? No.
Psalms 93 and Chronicles 16, Psalms 113:3
But the Bible obviously is not the true word of God if it says all these false things, it is the misguided words of the common people who wrote it, and anything written in it is liable to be wrong.
Quote (xReflectionsx @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 05:09am)

also, people always try to discredit the bible by submitting "proof" that its wrong. no one says that the bible is 100% literally true, alot of Jesus' words were metaphors and stories used to teach lessons, so why should we assume that parts of the bible aren't the same way? Jesus wasn't only the Son of God, but also God himself.

lastly, if everything in the bible was proven to be truth, and there was no debate on any of the issues, there would be no point to religion, because everyone would believe. that's the whole point of beliefs, you have to trust in God, beacuse there is no way to prove that every single thing is unquestionably true.

You must have proof to assert a view. I'm simply using logic and intelligence to prove his opinion wrong. I'm sorry if you think that using FACTS and EVIDENCE to support claims and try to prove a falsehood false is "attacking". Oh, I get it, because of evolution (which is an UNPROVEN THEORY, NOT A FACT AT ALL), you can disregard all the facts brought forth by science.
That makes perfect sense. The Bible has never been proven, I base my opinions on facts. I will sit here all day and say blue = blue no matter how long you try to say blue = yellow.

Lastly, yes, if the Bible were true it would be 100% proven correct. That statement is pure fail, why would the true words of God have any flawed observations?
Jul 2 2009 01:16pm
im tired of this lol
i believe Jesus is the Saviour of all man kind and then he rose after death on the 3rd day
i believe God created the Earth in 7 days
i believe the Bible is 100% true

Got a problem with it? then go cry to your mom about how some kid on the internet believes in God lol

and just to let you evolutionists know even Charles Darwin said his theorys were incorrect he said he just used them to get funding for other things
look it up
Gold: 2.57
Jul 2 2009 01:21pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 07:16pm)
im tired of this lol
i believe Jesus is the Saviour of all man kind and then he rose after death on the 3rd day
i believe God created the Earth in 7 days
i believe the Bible is 100% true

Got a problem with it? then go cry to your mom about how some kid on the internet believes in God lol

and just to let you evolutionists know even Charles Darwin said his theorys were incorrect he said he just used them to get funding for other things
look it up

ok just leave this thread, you're not contributing anything at all to the argument and you know nothing about the argument. Come back in a few years when you've got more experience.
Jul 2 2009 01:25pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 03:21pm)
ok just leave this thread, you're not contributing anything at all to the argument and you know nothing about the argument. Come back in a few years when you've got more experience.

sounds good

you sound like you have much potential in the Earthly realm
ill pray that it switches to the Heavenly realm
Gold: 24.50
Jul 2 2009 01:46pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 06:33pm)
i ditched all of my friends because they weren't devoted to christ
i was the drinkin, smokin type of guy and thats the kinda guys i hung out with
so i dont have any friends right now
but the Lord will give them if i seek them

BRIAN LEAMON! WTF?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev167891017Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll