d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Most Useful Online Guitar Tool I've Ever Found
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.19
Jun 26 2010 07:15pm
Plot how it was meant to be = Magus alive because Guile from Chrono Cross was originally intended to be Magus.

Doesn't really matter who's good and who isn't because Chrono Trigger is easy like all RPGs, but Robo is probably the best character in the game.

Except in the DS port, where he's undoubtedly the best character in the game. Too bad the DS port was balls.
Gold: 44.25
Jun 26 2010 07:25pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jun 26 2010 05:11pm)
I can't really recall any situation that explicitly called for me to use every element in a fight after I got enough tech pts for ultimates.  I mean, why would I ever use lit 2 or fire 2 vs luminaire or flare?  Silly.

And robo is not one of my favorites...lol.

His magic stat is the highest in the game, so just having him in your party makes him useful. He can combat any element, which is highly useful in the Black Omen.

Quote (ZoSo @ Jun 26 2010 08:15pm)
Plot how it was meant to be = Magus alive because Guile from Chrono Cross was originally intended to be Magus.

Doesn't really matter who's good and who isn't because Chrono Trigger is easy like all RPGs, but Robo is probably the best character in the game.

Except in the DS port, where he's undoubtedly the best character in the game.  Too bad the DS port was balls.

I never even played Chrono Cross.
Jun 26 2010 07:33pm
I recommend it.
Gold: 221.20
Jun 27 2010 11:10am
Quote (ZoSo @ Jun 27 2010 01:15am)

Except in the DS port, where he's undoubtedly the best character in the game.  Too bad the DS port was balls.

Hmm, there's almost no continuity between CT and CC, and almost all parallels are very weak and probably coincidental rather than directly intentional. Especially Guile being Magus.

And what was wrong with the DS port? It was the shit.
Jun 27 2010 11:59am
Masato Kato acknowledged that their original intent with Guile was for him to be Magus, but instead they decided to put in a whole bunch of shitty useless characters instead of a few good ones. =/

So canonically, Guile is NOT Magus, but he should've been, at least imo.

I guess the DS port wasn't BAD as much as it was just disappointing. I was hoping the extra content would actually relate to the plot in some way or try to bridge the gap between CT and CC.

They SORT of tried to do that with Dalton's reappearance, but the whole thing just struck me as very phoned in. As much as I love Chrono Trigger, around the third time I had to go up and down that mountain in the Lost Sanctum, I was ready to put it down.
Gold: 0.00
Jun 27 2010 01:42pm
ITT: NERDS
Jun 27 2010 01:59pm
Is that bad?
Jun 27 2010 02:46pm
Quote (ZoSo @ Jun 27 2010 05:59pm)
Masato Kato acknowledged that their original intent with Guile was for him to be Magus, but instead they decided to put in a whole bunch of shitty useless characters instead of a few good ones.  =/

So canonically, Guile is NOT Magus, but he should've been, at least imo.

I guess the DS port wasn't BAD as much as it was just disappointing.  I was hoping the extra content would actually relate to the plot in some way or try to bridge the gap between CT and CC.

They SORT of tried to do that with Dalton's reappearance, but the whole thing just struck me as very phoned in.  As much as I love Chrono Trigger, around the third time I had to go up and down that mountain in the Lost Sanctum, I was ready to put it down.

Well, all they did with the DS port was take the PS1 remake, which sucked dick due to loading times between EVERY screen & added that monster thing in the end of time. I enjoyed the cutscenes & extra data/beastiary. That stuff was pretty neat, IMO.
Jun 27 2010 03:09pm
Cutscenes... meh. I can't take the characters seriously when they're all DBZ'd out.

Did you play through any of the Dimensional Vortex/Lost Sanctum stuff? That was the only expanded content that really annoyed me. It's just so... lazy.
Jun 27 2010 03:45pm
Quote (ZoSo @ Jun 27 2010 09:09pm)
Cutscenes... meh.  I can't take the characters seriously when they're all DBZ'd out.

Did you play through any of the Dimensional Vortex/Lost Sanctum stuff?  That was the only expanded content that really annoyed me.  It's just so... lazy.

Well Akira Toriyama did the original character designs, so it was simply translating the 16 bit sprites into a more realistic medium. I mean everything looks "DBZ'd out" in the original artwork, so it didn't come as a surprise to me.

I never got into the raise your monster shit in the DS port, it was just...not my thing. I didn't want new, tacked on shit. I just wanted to enjoy my favorite game on the run. Unfortunately, my DS got stolen last year, so I never got to finish the game on the DS...was only about at Zeal when I lost it.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev15678Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll