d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Made Up A New Quote
Prev15678917Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Jul 1 2009 10:54pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:46am)
thats fine if you think big foot is real
no problem lol
not like itll matter in my life

just like us believing in God
it wont matter in your life if we choose to believe
yet for some reason you choose to question God's Word

Yes it will because your religion affects the entire world around you.
Fundamentalist Christians choose to deny gays the equal protection and rights to marriage. Let's assume the Bible and Christianity is wrong for a second, we are denying innocent and good people rights because they are different and because our little book of truth says they are bad.
The Bible teaches that it is okay to commit atrocities as long as you later in life repent your ways and become fully devoted to God.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a world where people are raised to ignore reason and blindly follow a book and be bad people. That is why it matters to me.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2009 10:57pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:49am)
You obviously did not read every word of it and compare it side by side to your bible. You either are lying or just make outrageous exaggerations in your statements.

If it was the 100% true word of God, it would not have thousands of inaccuracies. Unless God wanted it to have the inaccuracies, and wanted men to find these and debate the accuracy of the book as a whole... or maybe we were meant to have this debate right now on Christianity? An alternative is the Bible was the true word of God when first created and WAS manipulated over the years but God wanted this for some reason or another. No one can change it are you serious? Google King James Bible.

(debating first point)
im not lying and not exaggerating
i would never go so far that i have to lie to prove im right
and i dont wanna rly prove anything
i was just stating something i thought u might want to hear
but if u cant accept it because its so OUTRAGOUS to you then w/e
Jul 1 2009 10:58pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:54pm)
Yes it will because your religion affects the entire world around you.
Fundamentalist Christians choose to deny gays the equal protection and rights to marriage. Let's assume the Bible and Christianity is wrong for a second, we are denying innocent and good people rights because they are different and because our little book of truth says they are bad.
The Bible teaches that it is okay to commit atrocities as long as you later in life repent your ways and become fully devoted to God.

I don't know about you, but I don't want to live in a world where people are raised to ignore reason and blindly follow a book and be bad people. That is why it matters to me.

It doesn't say that it is ok to commit them. It says that you will be forgiven.

Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:53pm)
now i came about a revealing thing recently in church
i was in church and my pastor (very well know in SC and the U.S. his name is Ron Carpenter) was talking about revalations and it says somewhere in revaltions (he put the scripture on the screen) Hell is RESERVED for Satan and his demons

now having that said there are all these ghosts or w/e that ppl believe in or not(i honestly do believe in ghosts) but i believe that ghosts are the souls of satan's demons and they arent in hell yet because hell is being reserved for them

what you guys think?

I know that demons exist on earth, and so do angels. So if you'd like to call them "ghosts", then yes I believe in them, but i'd rather call them Spirits. It says in the Bible that they are on earth, and to watch out for demon's that will try to mislead you, or even angels that will try to mislead you, and to make sure their prophecies line up with scripture. the Bible says that angels are sent to remind us of the existence of a spiritual realm, and also as examples to us.
Jul 1 2009 11:01pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:53am)
You have to realize that some of things people claim are inaccuracies are that way because the Bible was written by completely average people, and THEIR view on things that were happening. One example is (insert name here, I dont remember which apostle) was describing a sunset. In his mind, he thought the sun was actually going down, and in another instance, another apostle thought the earth revolved around the sun. Those kinds of things do exist in the bible, but you have to take it as a whole and realize why the apostles say some of the things they do.

I realize that. But it is stated very clearly that the Earth is the center of the universe, which of course is the narrow-minded view of one of the people who contributed to the Bible. And the fact is, that the Bible also says that two men shall not lay together. But how do you know that wasn't the narrow-minded position of an AVERAGE person, one who contributed to the Bible. You don't know if it's the true word of God, or the word of an imperfect human. That is all I am saying.

And you cannot claim that simply certain passages should be overlooked because they are "obviously" the narrow-minded views. It was once an accepted view that the Earth was the center of the universe. These days, it is an accepted doctrine (among Christians) that it is not okay to be gay. However, for all you know, God spoke nothing of this in the Bible and a single man who was uncomfortable around gays added it in.
Jul 1 2009 11:05pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:01am)
I realize that. But it is stated very clearly that the Earth is the center of the universe, which of course is the narrow-minded view of one of the people who contributed to the Bible. And the fact is, that the Bible also says that two men shall not lay together. But how do you know that wasn't the narrow-minded position of an AVERAGE person, one who contributed to the Bible. You don't know if it's the true word of God, or the word of an imperfect human. That is all I am saying.

And you cannot claim that simply certain passages should be overlooked because they are "obviously" the narrow-minded views. It was once an accepted view that the Earth was the center of the universe. These days, it is an accepted doctrine (among Christians) that it is not okay to be gay. However, for all you know, God spoke nothing of this in the Bible and a single man who was uncomfortable around gays added it in.

I am not saying to overlook them, but to realize where they are coming from. It is not stated that the earth is the center of the universe. Since I believe the Bible is 100% true. God himself wrote the Bible through the people that he chose (the Bible says this). Everything in the Bible is "god-breathed" perse. It is not okay to be gay because God says it is wrong and condemns it.

Edit: I do know that it is the true word of God, no matter who He chose to write it for Him, because that is what I believe. So it's pointless to keep using that as your arguement because I will not debate you. I believe that the Bible is the 100% true word of God. So please don't bother trying to use that as a statement, because I will not change on that point.

Edit: you will probably come back with something like "I believe this is true and don't debate me if you don't believe it". That's ok, then I will not debate you if I do not believe it is true.

This post was edited by x]FoRsaKeN[x on Jul 1 2009 11:08pm
Jul 1 2009 11:14pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 01:05am)
I am not saying to overlook them, but to realize where they are coming from. It is not stated that the earth is the center of the universe. Since I believe the Bible is 100% true. God himself wrote the Bible through the people that he chose (the Bible says this). Everything in the Bible is "god-breathed" perse. It is not okay to be gay because God says it is wrong and condemns it.

Edit: I do know that it is the true word of God, no matter who He chose to write it for him, because that is what I beileve. So it's pointless to keep using that as your arguement because I will not debate you. I believe that the Bible is the 100% true word of God. So please don't bother trying to use that as a statement, because I will not change on that point.

Yes it is, read the Old Testament.
I suppose when Jesus came along the Old Testament was suddenly scrapped and the Sun shifted to the center?

The fact of the matter is, if one wrong statement is said in the Bible, and you know for sure it is wrong, then you cannot be sure the accuracy of the other statements.

Example:
Someone says:
"I have a 4.5 GPA, got accepted into Harvard, and got a full scholarship there, oh yeah, and the world is flat"
The other statements seem true, but after finishing the sentence the validity of them seems less probable.
Now it doesn't mean for sure that the speaker is not telling the truth about the GPA, Harvard, and Scholarship. But it does beg to question the validity of his words.

The same case is applied to the Bible.
It says the Earth is the center of the universe, and that gays should not be allowed together.
Now I'm not saying it's false that gays should not be together, all I'm saying is, the Bible has plenty of pure inaccurate statements, and you cannot be certain for sure that this view of gay relationships is the correct and true word of God.

Edit: going to sleep now :zzz:

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 1 2009 11:15pm
Jul 1 2009 11:17pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:14am)
Yes it is, read the Old Testament.
I suppose when Jesus came along the Old Testament was suddenly scrapped and the Sun shifted to the center?

The fact of the matter is, if one wrong statement is said in the Bible, and you know for sure it is wrong, then you cannot be sure the accuracy of the other statements.

Example:
Someone says:
"I have a 4.5 GPA, got accepted into Harvard, and got a full scholarship there, oh yeah, and the world is flat"
The other statements seem true, but after finishing the sentence the validity of them seems less probable.
Now it doesn't mean for sure that the speaker is not telling the truth about the GPA, Harvard, and Scholarship. But it does beg to question the validity of his words.

The same case is applied to the Bible.
It says the Earth is the center of the universe, and that gays should not be allowed together.
Now I'm not saying it's false that gays should not be together, all I'm saying is, the Bible has plenty of pure inaccurate statements, and you cannot be certain for sure that this view of gay relationships is correct.

Well if you're going to go that route. Then how do you know that killing, stealing or lying is wrong, as you said before. If the Bible isn't true, where did you get your views on those subjects? What if someone else was to believe there is nothing wrong with those things?

Where does it say that the earth is the center of the universe, because I have never read this.

Edit: Yeah i'm gunna head to bed to. Let me know if you want to debate some more, im always open for it bro.

Edit on your edit: Once again, I know that those views are correct because God says in the Bible that the book is the 100% true word of God.

This post was edited by x]FoRsaKeN[x on Jul 1 2009 11:18pm
Gold: 31.01
Jul 2 2009 01:22am
LOL the bible is a lie
Gold: 28,628.04
Jul 2 2009 01:24am
inaccurate statistics
Jul 2 2009 02:28am
Why do people think that faith is something that you need to understand the function of........faith doesn't "work".....its not an object and it's not an action..............having faith in something is trusting that a certain action will have a certain outcome...........you go through with the action on the assumption that the favourable outcome will be what you come out with, that's what you have faith in. Faith in god/christ/spaghetti monster/olives is really only that you believe in them and what they stand for without the need for evidence because you simply trust that they exist.

That's all religion should be about, believing in something because doing so and practicing what it teaches is beneficial to your life and happiness, if believing in god does that for you then fucken spot on, i am so damn sick of the way christianity has been aimed towards the younger generation, most of my christian friends don't even know what the fuck they believe in and think that christian rock and youth groups constitute being deeply religious. I don't see why a little more common sense can't prevail on this subject.

I don't see why i'm posting in this thread

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev15678917Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll