d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Which Do You Perfer
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2009 06:43pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 05:23pm)
There is nothing in the Bible about the Old Testament not applying after Christ's death. You Christians simply realized how silly some of the laws were and came to the conclusion that if you tried to get people to follow all the laws everyone would leave the faith. Regardless of what you try to say, if you really want to follow the true "word of God", you will have to follow the Old Testament.

Yes there is. It says the covenants of the Old Testament are broken. This is shown in example by circumcision and baptism. Circumcision was the way for 8 month old male babies to be "accepted" into the covenant. It says in both testaments baptism has replaced that, which is why christian's get baptized to symbolically show that they are in Christ's family. It also states that as this is, the other laws will be. So don't talk unless you know what you are talking about. Realistically, 25% of the world probably isn't even christian's. The CORRECT statistics are 84% of the world believe there is a higher being or a god. That is NOT Christianity. It takes a lot more than that, and it is a continuous thing throughout one's life. I would highly doubt even 15% of the world are Christian's, but then again it is not my place to count numbers or judge, but to share the gospel.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 1 2009 07:02pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 08:43pm)
Yes there is. It says the covenants of the Old Testament are broken. This is shown in example by circumcision and baptism. Circumcision was the way for 8 month old male babies to be "accepted" into the covenant. It says in both testaments baptism has replaced that, which is why christian's get baptized to symbolically show that they are in Christ's family. It also states that as this is, the other laws will be. So don't talk unless you know what you are talking about. Realistically, 25% of the world probably isn't even christian's. The CORRECT statistics are 84% of the world believe there is a higher being or a god. That is NOT Christianity. It takes a lot more than that, and it is a continuous thing throughout one's life. I would highly doubt even 15% of the world are Christian's, but then again it is not my place to count numbers or judge, but to share the gospel.

How about you cite a passage saying this? It says no where in the Bible that the Old Testament should not be followed. I'd cite this but I can't exactly cite that which isn't written in the Bible. Obviously your Circumcision example is null, because as you said yourself "It says in both testaments baptism has replaced it". So obviously you are following the law of the Old Testament if you baptize.

EDIT: Actually, I found a citation for my argument:
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

The Old Testament stands.
And I realize there are not that many real Christians, just a big hunk of people who call themselves Christians. And a large collection of those will be going to hell because they do not follow the word of God. One example would you, for not following the Old Testament. I'm sure you've gotten a haircut in your life, haven't you?... well I got bad news for you, you're going to hell...

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 1 2009 07:05pm
Jul 1 2009 07:14pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 09:02pm)
How about you cite a passage saying this? It says no where in the Bible that the Old Testament should not be followed. I'd cite this but I can't exactly cite that which isn't written in the Bible. Obviously your Circumcision example is null, because as you said yourself "It says in both testaments baptism has replaced it". So obviously you are following the law of the Old Testament if you baptize.

EDIT: Actually, I found a citation for my argument:
"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

The Old Testament stands.
And I realize there are not that many real Christians, just a big hunk of people who call themselves Christians. And a large collection of those will be going to hell because they do not follow the word of God. One example would you, for not following the Old Testament. I'm sure you've gotten a haircut in your life, haven't you?... well I got bad news for you, you're going to hell...

Jesus is talking about all the prophecies that were told about him and that were predicted and when he says not a letter will disappear he means no prophecy will be over until it happens
Jul 1 2009 07:33pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 09:14pm)
Jesus is talking about all the prophecies that were told about him and that were predicted and when he says not a letter will disappear he means no prophecy will be over until it happens

You have no authority to declare what Jesus did or did not mean. You are simply a human, imperfect creation of God. It states very clearly that Jesus did not come to abolish the Laws or the Prophets. As far as I know, Law is not synonymous with Prophecy. The end of your sentence is pure fail... no prophecy is over until said prophecy is over? Having said that, I don't need to PROVE that the Old Testament is still in effect. Rather, you must prove that somehow the Old Testament is not in effect now. You cannot assert a view without evidence, the Old Testament was always in effect and you must show a quotation that proves otherwise.
Jul 1 2009 07:38pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 09:33pm)
You have no authority to declare what Jesus did or did not mean. You are simply a human, imperfect creation of God. It states very clearly that Jesus did not come to abolish the Laws or the Prophets. As far as I know, Law is not synonymous with Prophecy. The end of your sentence is pure fail... no prophecy is over until said prophecy is over? Having said that, I don't need to PROVE that the Old Testament is still in effect. Rather, you must prove that somehow the Old Testament is not in effect now. You cannot assert a view without evidence, the Old Testament was always in effect and you must show a quotation that proves otherwise.

i dont need to prove anything wrong that isnt right alrdy lol
iv been to church enough and this topic has been talked about and your wrong
thats all i can say and all i need to say lol

your not even a christian lol

Edit: ill use your own quote against you
there is a translation behind almost all things the bible says
(i just read this in my own bible) what it means is Jesus has not come to Destoy the law or prophets or prophecys but to fulfil these prophecies
on to verse 18: (this is just a translation)until heaven and Earth pass not one jot of this book(or law as your bible states) will disappear until all is fulfilled

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 1 2009 07:47pm
Jul 1 2009 07:50pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 09:38pm)

You need proof when you assert something, yes.
You've been to a church, but you cannot argue this simple matter.
I haven't been to church, so I'm immediately wrong, huh?
I haven't been to church, and I know much more about the Bible and Christianity than you.
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 09:38pm)

Edit: ill use your own quote against you
there is a translation behind almost all things the bible says
(i just read this in my own bible) what it means is Jesus has not come to Destoy the law or prophets or prophecys but to fulfil these prophecies
on to verse 18: (this is just a translation)until heaven and Earth pass not one jot of this book(or law as your bible states) will disappear until all is fulfilled

Actually there's a translation behind EVERYTHING the bible says... moron...
I got news for you, bro. Jesus came after the Old Testament and BEFORE the New Testament was written. The quote is one very easy to interpret: He did not come to abolish the laws (this means when he came to the Earth he did not come to abolish the laws of the Old Testament). And his quote was added to the New Testament. What you've stated is equivalent to saying that a writer writes a book and claims in his book "I did not write this book to abolish the principals stated in this book".

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 1 2009 07:57pm
Jul 1 2009 07:59pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 09:50pm)
You need proof when you assert something, yes.
You've been to a church, but you cannot argue this simple matter.
I haven't been to church, so I'm immediately wrong, huh?
I haven't been to church, and I know much more about the Bible and Christianity than you.

and i never said your wrong since uv never been to church
im not even gonna say anything to you about you knowing more lol
i can just lawl by myself at that

and take a look at my edit

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 1 2009 07:59pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1567
Add Reply New Topic New Poll