d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Best Drummer
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,807.80
Apr 15 2010 01:05pm
Quote (Blackarrowx @ 15 Apr 2010 17:56)
hahah you have no idea how much i hear that

(about dream theater pissing people off and their singer being shit )

i guess i just got used to the singer (and music) :D

I have tried hard to get into them but just can't get over the massive progressiveness of it all, and I hate the singer. The beef I have with him is they released some live album where his voice breaks half way through the song, and in honesty I have never ever in the history of my music listening life heard a live recording with a broken voice. However, if you listen to any of Tim Ripper Owens stuff, his voice never breaks.

After seeing him sing for Yngwie Malmsteen and open Saruday mainstage Download I have fallen in love with him <3

Listen to When The Eagle Cries by Iced Earth, beatiful vocals.

He covers The Green Manalishi quite well too, shame it's not one of Priests best xD I wanna hear him do Painkiller because I know that his voice would do it justice from the years of halford
Gold: 111.35
Apr 15 2010 01:27pm
Quote (Darkshade @ 15 Apr 2010 02:28)
You told me to stop posting than tell me to give up actually coming for a comeback because I "lurk over 5 minutes to come up with a semi-witty comeback"? Nice contradiction right there.

In case you're new to the internet, here's an explanation for you: When I said "Stop posting" I meant that I think you're an idiot. I couldn't care less if you kept on posting or actually quit, I just stated my opinion about you.

/EDIT: By the way, I was away from keyboard. You know, doing things that are more important than replying to a pathetic person. I've never seen you in musician's chat, yet you try to come and bash on me?

I saw you reading the thread when I refreshed the page. I refreshed it again after ~5 minutes and you were still here. A bit after spending 10 minutes lurking this you disappeared. So do you have a poltergeist running around your house shutting down random pages on your internet browser since you were AFK?

Also, the fact you actually took the time to private message me is very sad.

Yeah, I actually took the 1 minute it took me to write down 1 paragraph to send you a PM. What's sad about it is that you're still an idiot. Why do you think I'm calling you a hypocrite?

Gold: 0.00
Apr 15 2010 05:01pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Apr 15 2010 03:05pm)
I have tried hard to get into them but just can't get over the massive progressiveness of it all, and I hate the singer. The beef I have with him is they released some live album where his voice breaks half way through the song, and in honesty I have never ever in the history of my music listening life heard a live recording with a broken voice. However, if you listen to any of Tim Ripper Owens stuff, his voice never breaks.

After seeing him sing for Yngwie Malmsteen and open Saruday mainstage Download I have fallen in love with him <3

Listen to When The Eagle Cries by Iced Earth, beatiful vocals.

He covers The Green Manalishi quite well too, shame it's not one of Priests best xD I wanna hear him do Painkiller because I know that his voice would do it justice from the years of halford

I guess James LaBrie has his own voice, and yeah, many don't like it. It's not easy to get into DT I'll agree, but once you get to know and like them, it's pure awesomeness.
Apr 15 2010 05:18pm
Quote (JounniFin @ Apr 15 2010 01:27pm)
In case you're new to the internet, here's an explanation for you: When I said "Stop posting" I meant that I think you're an idiot. I couldn't care less if you kept on posting or actually quit, I just stated my opinion about you.

I saw you reading the thread when I refreshed the page. I refreshed it again after ~5 minutes and you were still here. A bit after spending 10 minutes lurking this you disappeared. So do you have a poltergeist running around your house shutting down random pages on your internet browser since you were AFK?

Yeah, I actually took the 1 minute it took me to write down 1 paragraph to send you a PM. What's sad about it is that you're still an idiot. Why do you think I'm calling you a hypocrite?

So in other words you sat here refreshing for 10 minutes waiting for him to respond?

This post was edited by Derkaderk on Apr 15 2010 05:18pm
Apr 15 2010 05:28pm
Quote (JounniFin @ Apr 15 2010 03:27pm)

In case you're new to real life, here's an explanation for you: An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

Also, why do you even want explanations? I was afk for around 10 mins, came back, saw your shitty attempt to come back with something, laughed, left the thread, realized you edited your post and contradicted yourself, laughed even more, posted my post.

Quote (Derkaderk @ Apr 15 2010 07:18pm)
So in other words you sat here refreshing for 10 minutes waiting for him to respond?

Also, this.

Gold: 2.34
Apr 15 2010 05:54pm
Superchum's plan to turn everybody in the Musician's Chat against each other is in motion...
Gold: 1,470.51
Apr 16 2010 02:32am
Quote (SYH @ Apr 9 2010 11:36am)
Not the best, but I love Danny Carey.

Agreed, i'v been such a huge fan of danny carey since i was a very young kid. he was my first inspiration to be a drummer.

As far as the "best" drummer, there isnt one. people will have their own opinions about whos the best. But to define"best" when it comes to drumming just isnt possible.
even the most experienced drummers slip up or switch it up, though it's more than likely un-noticeable. it still happends, people bitching and trying to prove others wrong wont help anything.

I will say this though, i feel like, ANY professional musician has the ability to play any style of music, and be very well at it.
Gold: 12,143.67
Apr 16 2010 02:36am
Is Brann Dailor mentioned in this thread? He's my favorite drummer, I guess.

Not to be rude, but it seems like drummers are the only ones who care about eachother
Gold: 4,807.80
Apr 16 2010 06:40am
Quote (nerobellum @ 16 Apr 2010 08:36)
Is Brann Dailor mentioned in this thread? He's my favorite drummer, I guess.

Not to be rude, but it seems like drummers are the only ones who care about eachother

vouch

I agree. Guitarists ftw
Apr 17 2010 07:35pm
Carter Beauford - Dave Matthews Band - #1
Mike Portnoy - Dream Theater - #2
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev14567Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll