d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Trying To Tune Acoustic Guitar To Dadgad
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Oct 8 2009 06:50pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Thu, Oct 8 2009, 08:36pm)
LOL, you honestly think I'm being immature because I'm bugging this kid?
I don't really care about his opinion on the tuning, as it's been stated before
and I will state here again, the tuning is useless to me. Jimmy Page, like many
guitarists is very overrated and just cause an artist uses a certain tuning doesn't
make it 'The Holy Grail' of tunings. The fact remains that Superlative is a band wagon
Led Zep lover, and thats cool - just don't hate on me for not liking the band, guitarist
or tuning.

Think of it this way, Slipknot uses Drop A/B/etc... does it make their music good?

And as for your comment telling Juliusjuice to learn to play in an open tuning, you're
just proving my point. You're just bum hurt cause you are one of the only people on
this board to find this tuning useful. I will say it again, I've played with it several times
and it is VERY useless in the style of music I play. But you are so ignorant to believe
that everyone on this board has to share a similar opinion with you, and that bro,
is just stupidity on your half. And that's why you're 'being a little bitch'.

;]

Calling him a little bitch because he has a differing opinion? Yes I believe that a little immature. Get over it imo.
Now you're the one using the strawman argument.
"...just cause an artist uses a certain tuning doesn't make it 'The Holy Grail' of tunings"
You're saying that him saying a tuning is useful he is equivalent to him saying that the tuning is 'The Holy Grail' of tuning.
Lol, to be honest is sounds as if you're on the hate Led Zepp without a reason band wagon. Gtfo.
You're other argument is ridiculous. You're equating his defending a particular tuning to him defending a band that has never been mentioned in this thread (slipknot), using a tuning that has never been mentioned. Anyways, I'm not hating on you like you're saying, just calling you immature, rightly so. >.<
Gold: 0.00
Oct 8 2009 10:13pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Oct 9 2009, 12:50am)
Calling him a little bitch because he has a differing opinion?  Yes I believe that a little immature.  Get over it imo.
Now you're the one using the strawman argument.
"...just cause an artist uses a certain tuning doesn't make it 'The Holy Grail' of tunings"
You're saying that him saying a tuning is useful he is equivalent to him saying that the tuning is 'The Holy Grail' of tuning.
Lol, to be honest is sounds as if you're on the hate Led Zepp without a reason band wagon.  Gtfo.
You're other argument is ridiculous.  You're equating his defending a particular tuning to him defending a band that has never been mentioned in this thread (slipknot), using a tuning that has never been mentioned.  Anyways, I'm not hating on you like you're saying, just calling you immature, rightly so. >.<

LOL! Interwebz is srs buiznezz. 'Gtfo'.

I'm just saying that if my opinion on a tuning is voided because a guitarist from a band
I don't like uses the tuning, then I don't know what there is left to say. And I hate Led Zep
cause I don't like their music, but as a musician, I do appreciate their work and what
they did for music. Just not my cup of tea. You're reading into it too much, and most of all
my reply wasn't directed towards you. So your reply was unneeded.

And the holy grail comment was an exaggeration, if you couldn't notice that... then I have no hope left
in this discussion. AND I was never defending Slipknot, their music is shit, hence the comparison. And if
mentioning a tuning that has not come up in this conversation means my argument is void then you're buddy should
have never posted the C open tuning in the first place. As you can see, the topic of the thread is regarding the Dadgad
tuning; Not open C.

All I'm saying is this argument is retarded, your buddy should have put his glasses on and maybe thought about what I had
posted before he replied. All I posted was my opinion, nothing more nothing less and you were both quick to hold hands and
assume I thought the tuning in general was just useless. I don't listen to nor like much of Jimmy Page's work, but I appreciate
what he's done and what his music has done in regards to influence in music. But it doesn't mean I have to like or support the
tunings he uses. If me kidding around and calling him a little bitch, and posting MY opinion like everyone before me has done makes
me immature, then immature I 'rightfully' am.

But him calling me an idiot, on the other hand for having an opinion is okay.

I'll never understand the bromance on these forums.

This post was edited by Reversion2 on Oct 8 2009 10:17pm
Gold: 1.00
Oct 9 2009 08:53am
Quote (Reversion2 @ Fri, Oct 9 2009, 12:13am)
LOL! Interwebz is srs buiznezz. 'Gtfo'.

I'm just saying that if my opinion on a tuning is voided because a guitarist from a band
I don't like uses the tuning, then I don't know what there is left to say.
And I hate Led Zep
cause I don't like their music, but as a musician, I do appreciate their work and what
they did for music. Just not my cup of tea. You're reading into it too much, and most of all
my reply wasn't directed towards you. So your reply was unneeded.

And the holy grail comment was an exaggeration, if you couldn't notice that... then I have no hope left
in this discussion. AND I was never defending Slipknot, their music is shit, hence the comparison. And if
mentioning a tuning that has not come up in this conversation means my argument is void then you're buddy should
have never posted the C open tuning in the first place. As you can see, the topic of the thread is regarding the Dadgad
tuning; Not open C.

All I'm saying is this argument is retarded, your buddy should have put his glasses on and maybe thought about what I had
posted before he replied. All I posted was my opinion, nothing more nothing less and you were both quick to hold hands and
assume I thought the tuning in general was just useless. I don't listen to nor like much of Jimmy Page's work, but I appreciate
what he's done and what his music has done in regards to influence in music. But it doesn't mean I have to like or support the
tunings he uses. If me kidding around and calling him a little bitch, and posting MY opinion like everyone before me has done makes
me immature, then immature I 'rightfully' am.

But him calling me an idiot, on the other hand for having an opinion is okay.

I'll never understand the bromance on these forums.

But, that's not what you said. You said that he was making the tuning out to be 'The Holy Grail' of tunings. Which is completely false. I don't really care if the statement was directed at me, I just point out flaws in people's arguments. And your argument, my fine sir, is full of flaws, I'm afraid.

Yes, the Holy Grail comment was an absurd exaggeration. You realize that his assertion that the tuning is useful, is a lot harder to argue against than if he had said something along the lines of "The tuning is the best tuning ever created". So instead of arguing his point that the tuning is useful, you argue the point that it's the holy grail of tuning. Just a strawman argument, which doesn't belong in intelligent discussions.

Hmmm bro, the difference between his tuning and your tuning is, he simply mentioned the C tuning in friendly conversation. Then he defended it when people criticized it. Whereas you are usingthe tuning in your argument. It simply does not belong in the argument, it is completely irrelevant. It's like someone walking into a room and saying
"I think oranges are good", and you reply with
"WHAT? ORANGES ARE NOT THE BEST FRUIT! APPLES ARE MUCH BETTER!..."and then later saying
"WHAT? DO YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE ADAM SANDLER EATS PEARS THEY ARE BETTER THAN APPLES?", a completely irrelevant argument that in no way applies to the argument against oranges. But you think it applies to the argument because you believe it goes along with your argument that "apples are the best fruit". And you think that proving "apples are the best fruit" will help you end up proving that oranges are NOT the best fruit, a statement which was never asserted to begin with.

Let me make it more clear, using the real examples:

He stated:
I believe that because Led Zeppelin made use of the tuning, the tuning is useful.
Your exaggeration of his statement:
I believe that because Led Zeppelin used the tuning, it is 'The Holy Grail of Tunings'.
You stated:
Just because Slipknot uses Drop A/B/etc tunings, does that make their music good?

Which is a fallacy, because you think that his statement that Led Zeppelin using the tuning being evidence that the tuning is useful, is somehow related to your statement that Slipknot using a different tuning means that Slipknot is good.

Thank you for finally admitting you were immature by calling him a "little bitch". I don't really see why you were so afraid to admit it... We're all immature at times. And for the record, you were not immature for stating your opinion, you were immature for the manner in which you did it.

I never said he was right to call you any names, but the fact of the matter is, YOU started it. So he was just as immature to sink to your level and call names, but I don't really feel sorry for you because you're just getting a taste of your own medicine. Like I said, we're ALL immature at times.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Oct 9 2009 09:05am
Gold: 0.00
Oct 9 2009 12:18pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Oct 9 2009, 02:53pm)
But, that's not what you said.  You said that he was making the tuning out to be 'The Holy Grail' of tunings.  Which is completely false.  I don't really care if the statement was directed at me, I just point out flaws in people's arguments.  And your argument, my fine sir, is full of flaws, I'm afraid.

Yes, the Holy Grail comment was an absurd exaggeration.  You realize that his assertion that the tuning is useful, is a lot harder to argue against than if he had said something along the lines of "The tuning is the best tuning ever created".  So instead of arguing his point that the tuning is useful, you argue the point that it's the holy grail of tuning.  Just a strawman argument, which doesn't belong in intelligent discussions.

Hmmm bro, the difference between his tuning and your tuning is, he simply mentioned the C tuning in friendly conversation.  Then he defended it when people criticized it.  Whereas you are usingthe tuning in your argument.  It simply does not belong in the argument, it is completely irrelevant.  It's like someone walking into a room and saying
"I think oranges are good", and you reply with
"WHAT? ORANGES ARE NOT THE BEST FRUIT!  APPLES ARE MUCH BETTER!..."and then later saying
"WHAT? DO YOU THINK JUST BECAUSE ADAM SANDLER EATS PEARS THEY ARE BETTER THAN APPLES?", a completely irrelevant argument that in no way applies to the argument against oranges.  But you think it applies to the argument because you believe it goes along with your argument that "apples are the best fruit".  And you think that proving "apples are the best fruit" will help you end up proving that oranges are NOT the best fruit, a statement which was never asserted to begin with. 

Let me make it more clear, using the real examples:

He stated:
I believe that because Led Zeppelin made use of the tuning, the tuning is useful.
Your exaggeration of his statement:
I believe that because Led Zeppelin used the tuning, it is 'The Holy Grail of Tunings'.
You stated:
Just because Slipknot uses Drop A/B/etc tunings, does that make their music good?

Which is a fallacy, because you think that his statement that Led Zeppelin using the tuning being evidence that the tuning is useful, is somehow related to your statement that Slipknot using a different tuning means that Slipknot is good.

Thank you for finally admitting you were immature by calling him a "little bitch".  I don't really see why you were so afraid to admit it... We're all immature at times.  And for the record, you were not immature for stating your opinion, you were immature for the manner in which you did it. 

I never said he was right to call you any names, but the fact of the matter is, YOU started it.  So he was just as immature to sink to your level and call names, but I don't really feel sorry for you because you're just getting a taste of your own medicine.  Like I said, we're ALL immature at times.

I couldn't even be bothered to read half of that, cause you, 'sir', make no damn sense
and quite frankly, humor me. Settle down on the nerdy shit, you won't get any closer to
Superlative through this site. Ask him for his address.

All you did with my argument is interpret it in the way you wanted to interpret it and just flip it
around. It was a total waste of your time to even type that. Like I said though, I just read bits
and piece cause you just keep restating the same shit over and over again.

Quit being immature, and grow a pair - learn your place.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll