d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Trying To Tune Acoustic Guitar To Dadgad
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 25.00
Oct 4 2009 01:15pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Thu, Oct 1 2009, 06:07pm)
LMAO! OWNED.

Hardly. It's not a straw-man argument at all. It was implied that the tuning is "useless."

I proved that it has many uses.

How dense can one possibly be whilst still managing to operate a computer? Obviously quite.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 4 2009 01:50pm
Quote (Superlative @ Sun, Oct 4 2009, 03:15pm)
Hardly.  It's not a straw-man argument at all.  It was implied that the tuning is "useless."

How dense can one possibly be whilst still managing to operate a computer?  Obviously quite.

Well you're the one arguing over the internet. Who's the real winner? >.<
Gold: 0.00
Oct 5 2009 04:09pm
Quote (Superlative @ Sun, Oct 4 2009, 07:15pm)
Hardly.  It's not a straw-man argument at all.  It was implied that the tuning is "useless."

How dense can one possibly be whilst still managing to operate a computer?  Obviously quite.

Haha, you're just upset that no one likes your little tuning, oh and that you got fucking owned!

Take your crybaby bullshit else where.
Oct 8 2009 02:58am
Again, didn't get owned at all. Please understand what a straw-man argument is and what was said.

Also, thousands of people love my "little tuning."

Lastly, how is pointing out fallacy in someone's argument being a "crybaby?"
Oct 8 2009 03:54am
Quote (Superlative @ Thu, Oct 8 2009, 08:58am)
Again, didn't get owned at all.  Please understand what a straw-man argument is and what was said.

Cause you're being a little bitch, thats how.

Now honestly, don't even bother responding. You've made a fool out of yourself already.
Gold: 19,597.59
Oct 8 2009 01:15pm
Quote (Superlative @ Wed, Sep 30 2009, 04:40am)
If you think open C is a useless tuning, you're a dolt.

For the record, it's CGCGCE.

It's used most often in finger-style guitar, notably by the likes of Jimmy Page in some work with Zeppelin as well as his work with Plant afterwards. It's also used more recently, by guitarists such as Jon Butler and Xavier Rudd.

too many root note drone strings, no color to that tuning (i tried it, it is bland)

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Oct 8 2009 01:16pm
Oct 8 2009 01:17pm
I've made a fool of myself?

"being a little bitch"

I think it's you that's the fool, sir. If you're so obscenely stupid as to think someone disagreeing with you is "being a little bitch" you've got serious problems. Grow the fuck up.
Oct 8 2009 01:17pm
Bland? Learn to play in an open tuning then.
Gold: 1.00
Oct 8 2009 01:54pm
Quote (Superlative @ Thu, Oct 8 2009, 04:58am)
Again, didn't get owned at all.  Please understand what a straw-man argument is and what was said.

Lol, I'm just busting chops bro.

But the fact is, you did use a strawman argument. You equated his opinion on tuning to his opinion on Jimmy Page. You said that his opinion on the tuning is invalid, by claiming that to say the tuning is useless is to say that all of the work Jimmy Page has done is useless, a position that is much harder to defend.

And if you ask me Reversion's being pretty immature... it's just a difference in opinion. You happen to think the tuning is quite useful, and that's your opinion. You cannot "prove" that a tuning is useful, or useless, because, the fact is an opinion is subjective, and depending on what a person thinks, it changes.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Oct 8 2009 01:54pm
Oct 8 2009 06:36pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Oct 8 2009, 07:54pm)
Lol, I'm just busting chops bro.

But the fact is, you did use a strawman argument.  You equated his opinion on tuning to his opinion on Jimmy Page.  You said that his opinion on the tuning is invalid, by claiming that to say the tuning is useless is to say that all of the work Jimmy Page has done is useless, a position that is much harder to defend.

And if you ask me Reversion's being pretty immature... it's just a difference in opinion.  You happen to think the tuning is quite useful, and that's your opinion.  You cannot "prove" that a tuning is useful, or useless, because, the fact is an opinion is subjective, and depending on what a person thinks, it changes.

LOL, you honestly think I'm being immature because I'm bugging this kid?
I don't really care about his opinion on the tuning, as it's been stated before
and I will state here again, the tuning is useless to me. Jimmy Page, like many
guitarists is very overrated and just cause an artist uses a certain tuning doesn't
make it 'The Holy Grail' of tunings. The fact remains that Superlative is a band wagon
Led Zep lover, and thats cool - just don't hate on me for not liking the band, guitarist
or tuning.

Think of it this way, Slipknot uses Drop A/B/etc... does it make their music good?

And as for your comment telling Juliusjuice to learn to play in an open tuning, you're
just proving my point. You're just bum hurt cause you are one of the only people on
this board to find this tuning useful. I will say it again, I've played with it several times
and it is VERY useless in the style of music I play. But you are so ignorant to believe
that everyone on this board has to share a similar opinion with you, and that bro,
is just stupidity on your half. And that's why you're 'being a little bitch'.

;]
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev13456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll