d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Best Music I've Ever Heard..
Prev1345678Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 9 2009 11:10pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 9 2009, 07:20pm)
It does not say that at all, quit acting like it does. If you're going to say it does, then cite the damn passage.

Your pastors are given "possession of controlling influence" in your lives. The churchgoers trust them, the children trust them, they give people advice on how people can live their lives better. That's the definition of power, brah.

you obviously dont read the bible as much as we do
we dont need to cite anything
its true

Quote (aokmaster15 @ Thu, Jul 9 2009, 09:57pm)
It doesnt explicitly say so, but the church has decided to interpret it that way. I find it funny that in the Old Testament we see a very different God than we see in the New Testament. In the Old Testament he acts childish at times, and wtf is up with that fact that he couldnt move things made of steel. I dont remember the part but it said he moved an army but couldnt move the chariots because they were made of steel. Omnipotent my ass.

Also i beleive in the bible it says call only your father he who gave birth to you and the holy father god, or something along those lines. Yes you see catholic priests being called father. They are no father, that in itself could be considered sinful.

that Catholic not Christian
theres a BIIIGGG difference

and you see a difference because
when Jesus was on Earth and when he died
the world became VERY different
thats why you see a different God

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 9 2009 11:16pm
Gold: 15.00
Jul 9 2009 11:14pm
i swear i didn't bump this lol

well i just did... but its going anyways xD
Jul 10 2009 12:10am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Thu, Jul 9 2009, 08:57pm)
It doesnt explicitly say so, but the church has decided to interpret it that way. I find it funny that in the Old Testament we see a very different God than we see in the New Testament. In the Old Testament he acts childish at times, and wtf is up with that fact that he couldnt move things made of steel. I dont remember the part but it said he moved an army but couldnt move the chariots because they were made of steel. Omnipotent my ass.

Also i beleive in the bible it says call only your father he who gave birth to you and the holy father god, or something along those lines. Yes you see catholic priests being called father. They are no father, that in itself could be considered sinful.

Im going to say this one last time. Catholicism is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than Christianity. They believe completely different things. GET THAT IN YOUR STUPID THICK HEAD.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 10 2009 12:45am
Quote (weasleface @ Fri, Jul 10 2009, 01:10am)
you obviously dont read the bible as much as we do
we dont need to cite anything
its true

that Catholic not Christian
theres a BIIIGGG difference

and you see a difference because
when Jesus was on Earth and when he died
the world became VERY different
thats why you see a different God

I'd be willing to bet I've read the Bible in its entirety more times than you have.
Yes, you need to cite shit bro. Once you realize that it does not say it anywhere in the New Testament, and you cannot cite it, you will come to the realization that it's simply not true.

Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Fri, Jul 10 2009, 02:10am)
Im going to say this one last time. Catholicism is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than Christianity. They believe completely different things. GET THAT IN YOUR STUPID THICK HEAD.

You realize that Catholicism is simply a denomination of the broad term Christianity. What you're saying is like saying "A Coke is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from a soda".
Calm down dude... I come to realize that anyone or anything you don't agree with you immediately call "stupid".

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 10 2009 01:13am
Gold: 20.00
Jul 10 2009 02:10am
/on topic

great song.
Jul 10 2009 08:56am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Jul 10 2009, 01:45am)
You realize that Catholicism is simply a denomination of the broad term Christianity. What you're saying is like saying "A Coke is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT from a soda".
Calm down dude... I come to realize that anyone or anything you don't agree with you immediately call "stupid".

It's true Catholicism is a type of Christianity, but it's also true that it is a very specific view of the religion, and there has been alot of corruption which has given Christianity a bad rep to alot of people. All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics :P

Gold: 1.00
Jul 10 2009 11:56am
Quote (xReflectionsx @ Fri, Jul 10 2009, 10:56am)
It's true Catholicism is a type of Christianity, but it's also true that it is a very specific view of the religion, and there has been alot of corruption which has given Christianity a bad rep to alot of people. All Catholics are Christians, but not all Christians are Catholics :P

Obviously. When Catholicism has a bad name, Christianity in general has a bad name. It's unavoidable, I'm not saying it's right, but it's what happens. If he wants to make an effective and logical argument, he needs to compare Catholicism and another sect of Christianity. At which point I'll just point out a flaw in the sect he refers to. He needs to come to the realization that no one is perfect. You can't give power to a Minister in a protestant church, and then, when arguing about priests/ministers/pastors molesting children, just say "Oh, that's only in Catholicism". Basically, he thinks that Catholicism is a corrupt denomination, but his is not. It's simply not the case, all sects of religion are corrupt institutions created by men in an attempt to gain power and influence.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 10 2009 11:58am
Jul 10 2009 01:37pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Jul 10 2009, 12:56pm)
Obviously. When Catholicism has a bad name, Christianity in general has a bad name. It's unavoidable, I'm not saying it's right, but it's what happens. If he wants to make an effective and logical argument, he needs to compare Catholicism and another sect of Christianity. At which point I'll just point out a flaw in the sect he refers to. He needs to come to the realization that no one is perfect. You can't give power to a Minister in a protestant church, and then, when arguing about priests/ministers/pastors molesting children, just say "Oh, that's only in Catholicism". Basically, he thinks that Catholicism is a corrupt denomination, but his is not. It's simply not the case, all sects of religion are corrupt institutions created by men in an attempt to gain power and influence.

your right but i definately wouldn't say that "all sects of religions are corrupt institutions."
Jul 10 2009 06:31pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Jul 10 2009, 02:45am)
I'd be willing to bet I've read the Bible in its entirety more times than you have.
Yes, you need to cite shit bro. Once you realize that it does not say it anywhere in the New Testament, and you cannot cite it, you will come to the realization that it's simply not true.

im sure iv read the entire bible by now

i KNOW that iv read the entire old testament
and im sure iv read all of the new testament

but iv read over ALOT of things more then once or twice
so theres no way to be sure how much of it iv read
but lets just say that i know iv read the entire old testament
Gold: 220.00
Jul 10 2009 10:47pm
I never mentioned anything about the different sects. I know about the protestant groups, orthodox, russian orthodox, etc etc.

I understand that religion is an important part of your life and you will defend it.

I am about to be very vocal about my stance on religion. No one need reply, it is not a personal attack on anyone and i accept the fact that religion has become a focal part of society and chances are its not gonna change too soon. So, please i dont mean to offend anyone as a person but like weaselface is entitled to mentioned he loves worship every post i think i am entitled my post.

<rant>

However i cannot defend any organization that its roots are soaked in the blood of the innocent and is built on the money of the poor (this to most of them). There is no doubt in my mind that more people have been killed in the name of God than there has been disease. Dont get me wrong, the humanitarian side of religion is good. While the fact that we will never really see how much of that money is going to the humanitarian effort is another of my complains. But i find religion to be just a feeble attempt of humans to create a higher power above them so that they are not completely consumed by atrocities that man commits. That way they can have something above them, somewhat like a child goes to a parent for condolenses and apologizez when they did wrong. I beleive religion to be nothing more than the night blankie of humanity, that we cannot sleep well at night beleiving that we are it, and there is nothing beyond or world, and that nobody is watching over us. We are afraid of being alone. So we have created such an elaborate infrastructure with religion so that everyone has somewhere to belong. These are all complaint of mines about religion in and of itself. The corruption also drives me crazy. How can we have arch bishops, bishops, the pope, decorated in such way when the bible clearly states that the clergy is supposed to live a humble life. Why do they, during ceremony parade in the "vestments". They are no more than the common man, with a little bit of biased reading on their side. The molestation, the bullshit. I could go on forever. Then many of the followers themselves piss me off. Its like they are so blinded in faith that they dont realize that the word FAITH means to beleive without any evidence or proof. Many christians DO NOT read the bible, hell i bet many cant say an "Our father" or "hail mary". Yet they claim to beleive in christianity. Even though this family rarely goes to church, they will feverently defend any remark deemed as an attack. The hypocrisy enrages me. And for those who must know, i have described my family(well my parents anyway). The only reason religion exists like this today is because it was forced on so many people, it was beleive or die. Those who didnt, were killed. After so many years many people are raised completely with out having insight to any other ideas, and thus because of this become another blind beleiver. It is no longer forced but engrained so much into some cultures that you cant escape it. South America being a prime example. It is a primarily Catholic continent. Why? Because the spaniards, french, portuguese etc etc, came and forced it upon the ethnics tribes.

It is simple brainwashing.

</rant>

phew i need a drink.

Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1345678Next
Closed New Topic New Poll