d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Made Up A New Quote
Prev13456717Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2009 10:31pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:27pm)
You couldn't be more wrong, there is nothing "random" about it. By observing the world around us we scientifically determine things. We base our theories and conclusions on evidence and logic.

Christians base their ideas on a book that has passed through the hands of thousands of civilizations for thousands of years, with no evidence. The fact of the matter is, maybe Christianity is right, maybe there is a God? But the book has passed through the hands of corrupt humans for thousands of years. You simply cannot logically believe that the Bible is the TRUE word of God. Maybe it started out that way, but little by little it was changed and that's how we ended up with a Bible full of inaccuracies and illogical statements (the world is flat, the sun revolves around the world, you're not allowed to cut your hair, etc). And the fact of the matter is, I'm not about to lend my life to a set of ideals that has been manipulated by men for their own self-interest for millenia. I believe in a higher power, but in no way agree with the Christian religion. I believe killing is wrong, I believe theft is wrong, it's not hard to live a straight and responsible life without the Bible. I'm not about to go out and kill gay people because a stupid book that has been through the hands of thousands of men tells me they're evil, I have something called morals.

I honestly cannot argue with you because of this one simple thing. I believe the Bible is the 100% true word of God. And if you do not, It would be pointless for me to try to debate with you, because we are not on the same ground. It'd be like me answering all of your questions with "There is no proof science is correct"
Gold: 2.57
Jul 1 2009 10:31pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 04:24am)
At least we have SOMEWHAT a basis. We have a book that was written from way back in time, and there is not a SINGLE thing that can be proved wrong in it, and everything that it said will happen, has happened, and will happen. Science has never been able to prove anything in the Bible wrong. Not even Jonah getting eaten by a whale and living inside of it.

LOLOLOOOLOLOL
Gold: 1.00
Jul 1 2009 10:32pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:30am)
they found a REALLLY old bible not too long ago
i think it was like 1500 years old or more
somethin like that

and EVERY word was the same nothing was different except a few misspelling and punctuation errors

Oh, so you can read Hebrew?
moron...
Quote (wh0racLe @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:31pm)
LOLOLOOOLOLOL

They proved that it is physically possible and CAN be done scientifically. Look it up

Edit: The study was done by non-Christian's, if that helps your judgement at all.

This post was edited by x]FoRsaKeN[x on Jul 1 2009 10:33pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:31am)
LOLOLOOOLOLOL

i dont see whats so funny
its true
Jul 1 2009 10:33pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:32am)
Oh, so you can read Hebrew?
moron...

no but other ppl can obviously rofl
Jul 1 2009 10:35pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:24am)
At least we have SOMEWHAT a basis. We have a book that was written from way back in time, and there is not a SINGLE thing that can be proved wrong in it, and everything that it said will happen, has happened, and will happen. Science has never been able to prove anything in the Bible wrong. Not even Jonah getting eaten by a whale and living inside of it.

But science on the other hand, what basis does it have? Well with the .0001% that this happens, then this might happen, which just MIGHT trigger this. ALTHOUGH, we have never tried it.

I'm pretty sure that if they seriously tried to scientifically go about it, there would be a higher chance that God exists than this little micro bacteria thing got struck by lightning and evolved into earth. Lol

Are you so dense? There are thousands of things which have been proven wrong in the Bible. One example is that of Acts 5... Luke writes of the Pharisee Gamaliel's speech (vv. 34-39). This speech would have taken place around AD 35-40, yet it refers to Theudas' revolt of AD 46-47 as a past event. Furthermore, Gamaliel is made to say that "Judas the Galilean" raised a revolt which followed that of Theudas - but Judas' revolt was in AD 6 or 7! We know these dates from Josephus, most notably, as well as from other records. There are more, I really can't be bothered to retrieve the thousands of cases.

Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:31am)
I honestly cannot argue with you because of this one simple thing. I believe the Bible is the 100% true word of God. And if you do not, It would be pointless for me to try to debate with you, because we are not on the same ground. It'd be like me answering all of your questions with "There is no proof science is correct"

There is plenty of proof that science in correct, we do not make assertions without proof. You do.
Jul 1 2009 10:38pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:35pm)
Are you so dense? There are thousands of things which have been proven wrong in the Bible. One example is that of Acts 5... Luke writes of the Pharisee Gamaliel's speech (vv. 34-39). This speech would have taken place around AD 35-40, yet it refers to Theudas' revolt of AD 46-47 as a past event. Furthermore, Gamaliel is made to say that "Judas the Galilean" raised a revolt which followed that of Theudas - but Judas' revolt was in AD 6 or 7! We know these dates from Josephus, most notably, as well as from other records. There are more, I really can't be bothered to retrieve the thousands of cases.

There is plenty of proof that science in correct, we do not make assertions without proof. You do.

To be honest, I can't argue the first point because I don't know enough about it to, and I'm not going to debate something I don't have enough knowledge about, so I can get back to you on that if you'd like.

On the second point. Like I said. I cannot argue with you because I believe the Bible is the 100% true word of God. So that is my proof. If you do not believe that also, I cannot debate with you because we are on two totally different playing grounds.
Jul 1 2009 10:39pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:38am)
To be honest, I can't argue the first point because I don't know enough about it to, and I'm not going to debate something I don't have enough knowledge about, so I can get back to you on that if you'd like.

On the second point. Like I said. I cannot argue with you because I believe the Bible is the 100% true word of God. So that is my proof. If you do not believe that also, I cannot debate with you because we are on two totally different playing grounds.

same im readin it now
Jul 1 2009 10:39pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:33am)
no but other ppl can obviously rofl

Then you don't know wtf the Bible for 1500 years ago says.
I'll be inclinded to ask you the author and the publication of the Bible you came across, as one dating that old would be worth a minimum of 13 grand and would be in no condition to read.
Furthermore, your statement is simply a lie because you cannot win the argument, you decide to make up things.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev13456717Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll