d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Hi, My Name Is Casey
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Feb 23 2009 12:02am
i'm kev, i have teh scammer tag, i love music and can find good and bad in all genres. i love playing any genre, mainly bluesy influenced rock with good friends. i'm in a band, but we have a terrible practice space right now, and i'm the only one more interested in writing songs and playing shows than getting really drunk. i listen to lots of punk and lots of it's subgenres, but i'm not really as into playing punk which is strange because it's 3/4 of what i listen to. i'm severely in need of a nice tube head right now as my band is trying to tour this summer just for the love of music and traveling and meeting new people. i'm poor and i have good sounding, terribly ugly thrashed guitars customized to fit my tonal needs and no head to project them through. nice to meet you wink.gif
Gold: 285.00
Feb 23 2009 12:56am
Hey man... slaughter of the soul is a great album
Gold: 408.00
Feb 23 2009 09:09am
Quote (JKing @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 01:56am)
Hey man... slaughter of the soul is a great album

Never said it wasn't.

Quote (juliusjuice @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:52pm)
thats more like it. now ditch the "pop" part of it. here's what i mean by covering the bases. i dont listen to much punk rock anymore but still have my ideals. reggae etc, bluegrass etc, all types of rock/hard rock/metal on occasion, big fan of irish etc, blues ofc, play jazz when im in the mood. -and i understand the part about being an elitist for each different genre, i just take offense to what Mtv did to music and poppy punk was the catalyst.

I never got into reggae anything. I don't really listen to jazz but could jam it all day. I feel I give/gave every genre a chance to catch my ear. I just still haven't found a solid old school punk band that covered enough for me to enjoy them even though they are a influence to most of the hardcore and pop punk bands I listen to.
Gold: 321.00
Feb 23 2009 02:35pm
Hey im Palmer

I play tenor sax smile.gif

i hate screamo / metal with a passion.
grow up and stop dying your hair and get it cut imo..

im open to all other genres
Gold: 19,597.59
Feb 23 2009 02:47pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 10:09am)
Never said it wasn't.

I never got into reggae anything. I don't really listen to jazz but could jam it all day. I feel I give/gave every genre a chance to catch my ear. I just still haven't found a solid old school punk band that covered enough for me to enjoy them even though they are a influence to most of the hardcore and pop punk bands I listen to.

i can agree there arent too many that keep me coming back. ever listen to subhumans? they would be the ultimate exception, "worlds apart" is my favorite album of the genre. (uk subhumans not the canadian band)
Gold: 408.00
Feb 23 2009 03:24pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 03:47pm)
i can agree there arent too many that keep me coming back. ever listen to subhumans? they would be the ultimate exception, "worlds apart" is my favorite album of the genre. (uk subhumans not the canadian band)

I own The Day the Country Died and Worlds Apart on vinyl, I was a fan when I was younger.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1345
Add Reply New Topic New Poll