d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My Piano Solo Album
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,862.00
Jul 21 2011 11:38pm
Great stuff man.

This post was edited by LD4all on Jul 21 2011 11:43pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 22 2011 08:05am
lol i had never really looked at the cover. i just realized they are piano keys!
Gold: 1,650.00
Jul 22 2011 09:33pm
Quote (CMBurns @ Jun 30 2011 06:47pm)
Sure, you could rip off legit artists producing quality music to ensure they make very little sales and lose incentive to produce more. That's smart.

actually, pirating is one of the healthiest concepts around for a musician's career nowadays. The vast majority of people who listen to music download it in one way or another, and by alienating that audience you are losing most of your target population. and if you're in music for the money off the get go, you're in the wrong business. :) most money in music comes from touring once you're established, and through licensing.

people who are going to buy music will buy it, people who will download it, will download it. simple as that. I credit torrents to many bands popularity. It is a wonderful thing that should be embraced.

all that aside, your music is awesome!

edit: and i quote "very little sales and lose incentive to produce more."

if you lose incentive to create music by not making money, you will not move an inch. it takes determination and a fuckton of hard work. Not to mention, if it's what you love, money shouldn't stop you. You should be happy more people are hearing you play. That's the real reward.

The band I'm in has an 8 month per year tour schedule (we're established in canada) and we barely get by. Not much money in music save mainstream nowadays.

This post was edited by ElephantGuns on Jul 22 2011 09:36pm
Gold: 165.00
Jul 22 2011 11:19pm
Quote (ElephantGuns @ 22 Jul 2011 23:33)
actually, pirating is one of the healthiest concepts around for a musician's career nowadays. The vast majority of people who listen to music download it in one way or another, and by alienating that audience you are losing most of your target population. and if you're in music for the money off the get go, you're in the wrong business. :) most money in music comes from touring once you're established, and through licensing.

people who are going to buy music will buy it, people who will download it, will download it. simple as that. I credit torrents to many bands popularity. It is a wonderful thing that should be embraced.

all that aside, your music is awesome!

edit: and i quote "very little sales and lose incentive to produce more."

if you lose incentive to create music by not making money, you will not move an inch. it takes determination and a fuckton of hard work. Not to mention, if it's what you love, money shouldn't stop you.  You should be happy more people are hearing you play. That's the real reward.

The band I'm in has an 8 month per year tour schedule (we're established in canada) and we barely get by. Not much money in music save mainstream nowadays.

I've been composing on piano since I was 7. I never bothered to record in a studio or to play live (I hate playing live). So the issue isn't me not composing. I just won't bother going through studio recording and mastering and making albums if everyone's going to download rather than buy.

I'm making this album for money. I would've made 10 new songs for fun had I not decided to record an album anyway. Music is a passion.

Anyway, I got 4-5 more songs to compose before I start promoting the album, etc. Hopefully it gets somewhere.
Gold: 1,650.00
Jul 22 2011 11:24pm
making an album for money? that's unfortunate. best of luck though!
Jul 23 2011 08:30am
again im sorry about having said that ^ ^, i just thought u put them up for free(idont konw what lastfm is), so i was just trying to give him a quicker alternative than waiting for you to finish the entire album.

/e

if u are interested in making money at it though, maybe u could get a cool name for the album, which i havnt noticed, and put it on itunes or somethign, that way ppl can spend a buck or two on the songs they really like

This post was edited by blunderwonder2 on Jul 23 2011 08:34am
Jul 23 2011 08:35am
Quote (blunderwonder2 @ 23 Jul 2011 10:30)
again im sorry about having said that ^ ^, i just thought u put them up for free(idont konw what lastfm is), so i was just trying to give him a quicker alternative than waiting for you to finish the entire album.

/e

if u are interested in making money at it though, maybe u could get a cool name for the album, which i havnt noticed, and put it on itunes or somethign, that way ppl can spend a buck or two on the songs they really like

Album is titled Void

itunes is VERY complicated to get on without an actual company taking care of your CD. So I'll probably have to go with bandcamp.com
Jul 23 2011 08:40am
[QUOTE=CMBurns,Jul 23 2011 10:35amAlbum is titled Void

itunes is VERY complicated to get on without an actual company taking care of your CD. So I'll probably have to go with bandcamp.com[/QUOTE]

can u do cover songs?

i bought this cd "twentysomething" because after i heard this i listened to some of his other songs, very good cd. Im not sure what you have to do to get rights to do covers for money but it might be possible tho for some artists
Jul 23 2011 08:52am
[QUOTE=blunderwonder2,23 Jul 2011 10:40][QUOTE=CMBurns,Jul 23 2011 10:35amAlbum is titled Void

itunes is VERY complicated to get on without an actual company taking care of your CD. So I'll probably have to go with bandcamp.com[/QUOTE]

can u do cover songs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee8f67pAlHc

i bought this cd "twentysomething" because after i heard this i listened to some of his other songs, very good cd. Im not sure what you have to do to get rights to do covers for money but it might be possible tho for some artists[/QUOTE]

yea that's an idea we were thinking about.

I'll probably do one or two covers of Chopin's Scherzos.
Warn: 10%
Aug 2 2011 04:35am
Quote (CMBurns @ Jul 23 2011 03:52pm)
I'll probably do one or two covers of Chopin's Scherzos.

If you do c#minor I'll definitely buy your album :p

Is your s&s B a Hamburg or a New York? And do you know what year it was built?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll