d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Need Some Opinions About A Guitar Problem > Q
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Feb 17 2011 03:13am
NOT a 3500 dollar Taylor, but whatever.
Gold: 4,807.80
Feb 17 2011 03:51am
Quote (juliusjuice @ 15 Feb 2011 23:46)
lmao you guys are being discouraging, uptight little bitches about this. i work side by side with a luthier of 15+ years, this shit happens. the big dent on the side of the top looks bad. it is hard to tell from the pics, but the other cracks look like finish cracks, with the exception of the knicks in the body. no big deal, happens when you dont keep your instrument between 30%-50% humidity (how many of you actually keep tabs on your instruments humidity?), finish cracks are 100% cosmetic. top cracks on a guitar would be something to worry about to the owner, not the people he asked for advice. your negativity is more of a shame to the musical community than a person who might have neglected his instrument.

you hould see my fiddle. there is literally wood falling off of it, its worth about $700 in current condition (rapidly declining!). its got fucking style and i like it the way it is, get all angry at that.

You clearly didn't read why anyone in here was angry/miffed.

If you can't take care of your instruments, you shouldn't have them - simple as and end of discussion.
Feb 17 2011 05:45am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 17 2011 09:51am)

If you can't take care of your instruments, you shouldn't have them - simple as and end of discussion.

Even though its a "cheaper" TS series Taylor, its still rather pricey. New they run from 900 to 2000. Certainly not 3500, but still not some cheap "toy" to beat up. Mommy and Daddy must take REAL good care of junior.
Gold: 19,597.59
Feb 17 2011 11:28am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 17 2011 04:51am)

oh ok end of discussion. but tell me, when did you turn into such a fascist?
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 17 2011 12:41pm)
If you don't have a dent in your instrument, you probably aren't a real musician and leave the guitar on it's stand 24/7. You really think that having a dent or hole in your guitar means you are unfit to be a musician? Look up Glen Hansard and read about the hole in his guitar (that came from playing it for years). Try to tell me that he's not a fit musician.

when i met andy mckee his guitar was trashed, i had never heard him and was apprehensive about paying him for lessons. then he played a don russell tune and i stfu.

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Feb 17 2011 11:52am
Feb 17 2011 11:41am
If you don't have a dent in your instrument, you probably aren't a real musician and leave the guitar on it's stand 24/7. You really think that having a dent or hole in your guitar means you are unfit to be a musician? Look up Glen Hansard and read about the hole in his guitar (that came from playing it for years). Try to tell me that he's not a fit musician.
Gold: 51.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2011 03:33pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 17 2011 12:41pm)

Yes, clearly every good musician has a beat up guitar with holes it in. You used one example. Way to prove your point. Shall I make a list of great guitarist that actually take care of their instruments?

EDIT: I don't have any holes or serious scratches on my guitars. It doesn't mean that I don't play them, it just means I'm careful while I'm handling them.

This post was edited by Phisherman on Feb 17 2011 03:34pm
Feb 18 2011 08:20am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 17 2011 05:41pm)

I "beat" on my guitars, daily. Not one of them is in any worse shape then when I got them (notably better in most cases)

Gold: 4,041.60
Feb 20 2011 01:45am
Quote (linuxpenguin @ Feb 18 2011 09:20am)
I "beat" on my guitars, daily. Not one of them is in any worse shape then when I got them (notably better in most cases)

I like how this topic has turned into a discussion about how DIFFERENT people do DIFFERENT things with THEIR OWN guitars and holy shit what a concept that is, people thinking differently from others. Like it fucking matters what happens to my guitar, your life and or guitar is not going to be affected by it. So why people feel such a need to impose their ideas and beliefs about shit that in the end really doesn't fucking matter. Don't tell me I'm not a musician because my guitar has got beaten up and don't ever try and be-little me because you think your opinions about stupid crap matters. Because honestly opinions are a lot like assholes, everyones got one and most of the time they all stink. I'm not gonna tell you that you can't play or that you are a bad or irresponsible person because of they way you treat your guitar so instead of acting like a bunch of kids lets all just have a grown up discussion about how awesome guitars are and not how you should take care of it. Shits for the birds..

I do feel though that your eyes are extremely brown linux or should I say "bro".
Gold: 51.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 20 2011 10:43am
Quote (C21_H30_O2 @ Feb 20 2011 02:45am)
I like how this topic has turned into a discussion about how DIFFERENT people do DIFFERENT things with THEIR OWN guitars and holy shit what a concept that is, people thinking differently from others. Like it fucking matters what happens to my guitar, your life and or guitar is not going to be affected by it. So why people feel such a need to impose their ideas and beliefs about shit that in the end really doesn't fucking matter. Don't tell me I'm not a musician because my guitar has got beaten up and don't ever try and be-little me because you think your opinions about stupid crap matters. Because honestly opinions are a lot like assholes, everyones got one and most of the time they all stink. I'm not gonna tell you that you can't play or that you are a bad or irresponsible person because of they way you treat your guitar so instead of acting like a bunch of kids lets all just have a grown up discussion about how awesome guitars are and not how you should take care of it. Shits for the birds..

I do feel though that your eyes are extremely brown linux or should I say "bro".

Holy shit dude you sound so pissed.
Gold: 4,041.60
Feb 20 2011 12:21pm
Quote (Phisherman @ Feb 20 2011 11:43am)
Holy shit dude you sound so pissed.

Thats the problem with the using the internet and texting, people can't feel the emotion and the hear the way a person uses the words. Makes for shitty conversations when kids are in the discussion.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll