d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Superchum's Mastering Job
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 221.20
Jun 24 2010 01:25pm
Quote (Hogbone @ Jun 24 2010 07:18pm)
Lol, you like to say 'ill conceived', yet I REALLY doubt you know what it means.

Really? Please tell me more about what I understand. I am very interested in how you reach your conclusions and collect your evidence. Please share.
Jun 24 2010 01:27pm
Quote (Superchum @ Jun 24 2010 12:54pm)
You were the one accusing me of being an elitist. You said I listened to music with auto tune and I replied no. Then it was you who criticized. I said it before and I'll say it again, I call it like I see it, not determine it's worth or quality. And once again the comment of "as if they didn't exist already" is inaccurate. People who weren't very good or non artistic or even students have always existed. Just not on the stages or on the cover of magazines like now. People listen and watch this stuff cause it's fun or for an even more basic pleasure, they just like it. That's fine. You can like what you want, but just cause there's a guitar on the stage, in your hands, doesn't make you a musician or instrumentalist. If I throw paint at the canvas, does that make me an artist? Music, song and entertainment are three different things but don't hand me 50 cent and tell me it's Mozart. Don't give me Thomas Dolby and tell me it's cool. Just give it to me for what it is.

Sean Paul = Entertainer

Loads of money in the entertainment industry! I advise you to get into that line of work if it's money you want.

I didn't accuse you of being an elitist you are BEING an elitist. The music you listen do probably does use autotune. Until you can prove it doesn't it's more reasonable to assume it does since it's a standard effect in music production, regardless of style or skill.

Furthermore, your point of view is just getting ludicrous now. Mainstream music for the past 50+ years has been compromised of very uneducated, and limited musicians. This has ALWAYS been the case. It's no different now than it was 20, 30 years ago.
Gold: 96.94
Jun 24 2010 01:28pm
wow you fail at jokes and guitar....
Jun 24 2010 02:03pm
Sup random?
Gold: 25.00
Jun 24 2010 02:03pm
Post-production is garbage. Give me live-tracks any day. I'll take something organic with nuance over some sterile bullshit hands down.

That being said, a bit of auto-tune is forgivable. The problem arises when "entertainers" take it to the absolute extreme in order to save a "track" that would otherwise be trash. If you can't perform your work with relative accuracy live, you don't deserve to produce it either.
Jun 24 2010 02:05pm
Quote (Superlative @ Jun 24 2010 08:03pm)
Post-production is garbage.  Give me live-tracks any day.  I'll take something organic with nuance over some sterile bullshit hands down.

That being said, a bit of auto-tune is forgivable.  The problem arises when "entertainers" take it to the absolute extreme in order to save a "track" that would otherwise be trash.  If you can't perform your work with relative accuracy live, you don't deserve to produce it either.

See I agree with this guy. Well said.

Gold: 12.00
Jun 24 2010 03:38pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jun 24 2010 02:27pm)
I didn't accuse you of being an elitist you are BEING an elitist.  The music you listen do probably does use autotune.  Until you can prove it doesn't it's more reasonable to assume it does since it's a standard effect in music production, regardless of style or skill.

Furthermore, your point of view is just getting ludicrous now.  Mainstream music for the past 50+ years has been compromised of very uneducated, and limited musicians.  This has ALWAYS been the case.  It's no different now than it was 20, 30 years ago.

I have no Idea where and how I became an the elitist. I gave you a list of names of groups on my CD rack and you jumped to that conclusion on your own. I know these guys don't use or need auto tune, you can go figure that out for yourself. One major piece of evidence is their imperfections!

Education is not a measurement of talent or artistry or creativity. All I'm saying is that there's a difference, that's it. Not ones good, not ones better. Not one uses Auto tune and one doesn't. I just said I don't need it or use it.

Frick... gotta run. Gotta a gig!!!
Jun 24 2010 04:10pm
Quote (Superchum @ Jun 24 2010 09:38pm)
I have no Idea where and how I became an the elitist. I gave you a list of names of groups on my CD rack and you jumped to that conclusion on your own.  I know these guys don't use or need auto tune, you can go figure that out for yourself. One major piece of evidence is their imperfections!

Education is not a measurement of talent or artistry or creativity. All I'm saying is that there's a difference, that's it. Not ones good, not ones better. Not one uses Auto tune and one doesn't. I just said I don't need it or use it.

Frick... gotta run. Gotta a gig!!!

You really think I was motivated to call you an elitist based on the bands you listen to? LOL. Come on.

Gold: 12.00
Jun 24 2010 04:35pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jun 24 2010 05:10pm)
You really think I was motivated to call you an elitist based on the bands you listen to?  LOL.  Come on.

:huh:

Anyway!!!

...so yea, here's a link to the small project I did a teensie bit of work on. Enjoy!
Gold: 0.00
Jun 24 2010 04:53pm
Starting to love chronowarp a bit more.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll