d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Best Music I've Ever Heard..
Prev1234568Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 15.00
Jul 8 2009 06:07pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 07:40pm)
The bible is full of fallacies and religion has the worst case of double standards.

People say that the bible says gays are immoral

However in the same way the bible says that it says that children that disobey should be stoned to death.
As well as that if you are working on the Sabbath you should be killed.

:\

If you are going to swear your life and morals on the bible. You better stick it through and not pick and choose the ones that make you look good.

I found one of the quotes, and then another interesting one. Take note that that all of these come from only a few sentences from each other

Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13:
"If a man lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination and they shall surely be put to death."

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him."
(Leviticus 20:9)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

Homosexuality is a sin just like every other sin, therefore if you don't repent "you shall surely be put to death" - going to hell.

how does that not make sense.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 8 2009 06:17pm
Quote (xReflectionsx @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 08:07pm)
Homosexuality is a sin just like every other sin, therefore if you don't repent "you shall surely be put to death" - going to hell.

no rofl

you do not go to hell for sin
no matter what it is

you go to hell by not believing Jesus is your saviour and he died and rose again on the 3rd day
Gold: 15.00
Jul 8 2009 06:24pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 07:17pm)
no rofl

you do not go to hell for sin
no matter what it is

you go to hell by not believing Jesus is your saviour and he died and rose again on the 3rd day

true, but part of believing in Jesus and in him as your savior is asking him for forgiveness.
Gold: 1,651.01
Jul 8 2009 06:55pm
legends ovc :)
Gold: 1.00
Jul 8 2009 07:44pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 05:40pm)
we dont give power to anyone rofl
they just decide to become a pastor or priest and make a church
and then they are a priest

its not like we vote for him or something rofl

Are you a moron? Do you even know the definition of "power"? No it doesn't involved having to vote for someone.
Gold: 220.00
Jul 8 2009 08:45pm
It is completely a fallacy. The Bible is considered the word of god no?

Therefore the Old AND New testament should be considered, or the Old Testament should be removed from the Bible. By saying that part of the Bible is not a standard anymore you are in fact contradicting the beleif that the Bible is the word of god, thereby saying that it is not really the word of god but that of man, because when it was written those actions were acceptable but now they obviously are not.

By picking and choosing you create a double standard. You cant say part of it is doesnt apply anymore and part of it is divine scripture.

The part about Gays is also found in Leviticus, why isnt that being thrown out with the stoning to death?

and my point is that the Bible is, for the most part, full of shit.

Quote (xReflectionsx @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 08:07pm)

I never said i didnt understand, why my point was that in the same chapter (or verse idk) it says to stone dissobedient children. It is convenient how people choose what they want to stand up for in religion.

Ill just leave this over here.....

http://www.greenwych.ca/bible-a.htm

This post was edited by aokmaster15 on Jul 8 2009 08:57pm
Jul 9 2009 12:27am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 09:45pm)
It is completely a fallacy. The Bible is considered the word of god no?

Therefore the Old AND New testament should be considered, or the Old Testament should be removed from the Bible. By saying that part of the Bible is not a standard anymore you are in fact contradicting the beleif that the Bible is the word of god, thereby saying that it is not really the word of god but that of man, because when it was written those actions were acceptable but now they obviously are not.

By picking and choosing you create a double standard. You cant say part of it is doesnt apply anymore and part of it is divine scripture.

The part about Gays is also found in Leviticus, why isnt that being thrown out with the stoning to death?

and my point is that the Bible is, for the most part, full of shit.

I never said i didnt understand, why my point was that in the same chapter (or verse idk) it says to stone dissobedient children. It is convenient how people choose what they want to stand up for in religion.

Ill just leave this over here.....

http://www.greenwych.ca/bible-a.htm

It says in the New Testament that we are no longer bound my Old Testament laws.
Jul 9 2009 12:29am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 08:44pm)
Are you a moron? Do you even know the definition of "power"? No it doesn't involved having to vote for someone.

We do not give pastors power at all. They just preach on Sunday mornings. They are not any closer to God than anyone else, and they are not more "holy". They are just like we are, but with the training and knowledge to preach. They are normal people, who screw up and sin, just like us.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 9 2009 05:20pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 9 2009, 02:27am)
It says in the New Testament that we are no longer bound my Old Testament laws.

It does not say that at all, quit acting like it does. If you're going to say it does, then cite the damn passage.

Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 9 2009, 02:29am)
We do not give pastors power at all. They just preach on Sunday mornings. They are not any closer to God than anyone else, and they are not more "holy". They are just like we are, but with the training and knowledge to preach. They are normal people, who screw up and sin, just like us.

Your pastors are given "possession of controlling influence" in your lives. The churchgoers trust them, the children trust them, they give people advice on how people can live their lives better. That's the definition of power, brah.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 9 2009 05:20pm
Gold: 220.00
Jul 9 2009 07:57pm
It doesnt explicitly say so, but the church has decided to interpret it that way. I find it funny that in the Old Testament we see a very different God than we see in the New Testament. In the Old Testament he acts childish at times, and wtf is up with that fact that he couldnt move things made of steel. I dont remember the part but it said he moved an army but couldnt move the chariots because they were made of steel. Omnipotent my ass.

Also i beleive in the bible it says call only your father he who gave birth to you and the holy father god, or something along those lines. Yes you see catholic priests being called father. They are no father, that in itself could be considered sinful.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1234568Next
Closed New Topic New Poll