d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Made Up A New Quote
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.57
Jul 1 2009 10:09pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 04:07am)
half of science is a guess
there ya go lol

faith is the evidence of the unseen
i have faith

"half of science is a guess" possibly the most ignorant thing said on this forum.

As for faith, all that is, is hope.
faith is just like saying "i hope christianity is true"

but sorry, its not. If it was, there would be evidence.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 1 2009 10:11pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:09am)
"half of science is a guess" possibly the most ignorant thing said on this forum.

As for faith, all that is, is hope.
faith is just like saying "i hope christianity is true"

but sorry, its not. If it was, there would be evidence.

no thats hope
faith is the surety of it
that your 100% convinced
but not like i need to be convinced

and u cant say science isnt a guess
how do they know whats at the bottom of the ocean? how do they know whats at the middle of the earth?
how do they know if there is another planet we can live on?

sooo many more questions like that
alll guesses

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 1 2009 10:12pm
Gold: 1.00
Jul 1 2009 10:14pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:07am)
ROFL dude there was no pride at all in what i said lol
i was just stating that christianity isn't a religion its just truth
thats not pride lol

and i know about pride and not to take it in

and happy birthday

I was referring to your quote in your sig.

and thank you
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:11am)
no thats hope
that your 100% convinced

how do they know whats at the bottom of the ocean? how do they know whats at the middle of the earth?

alll guesses

submarines/drills/observing atmospheric conditions
not guesses at all, hypotheses which were proven with "evidence", you know that little thing you don't have.
Until it's been proven, it's simply a guess and we cannot assume it's true.

Unlike how you decide your religion is true.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 1 2009 10:18pm
Jul 1 2009 10:15pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:14am)
I was referring to your quote in your sig.

and thank you

all of religion is a guess

is that why Jesus fulfilled over 1000 prophecies fortold in the Old Testament?
Jul 1 2009 10:16pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:11pm)
no thats hope
that your 100% convinced

alll guesses

That is true. One of my best friend's dad is a chemist and he is also a Christian. I talked to him about how they know that things are billions of years old. He said I work with scientists all day I long, and they will admit it, it is all guesses and completely made up. He says that they openly admit it, but they do follow the same process, but the beginning of it is just a random number.
Jul 1 2009 10:16pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:16am)
That is true. One of my best friend's dad is a chemist and he is also a Christian. I talked to him about how they know that things are billions of years old. He said I work with scientists all day I long, and they will admit it, it is all guesses and completely made up. He says that they openly admit it, but they do follow the same process, but the beginning of it is just a random number.

there ya go
Jul 1 2009 10:24pm
Quote (weasleface @ Wed, Jul 1 2009, 11:16pm)
there ya go

At least we have SOMEWHAT a basis. We have a book that was written from way back in time, and there is not a SINGLE thing that can be proved wrong in it, and everything that it said will happen, has happened, and will happen. Science has never been able to prove anything in the Bible wrong. Not even Jonah getting eaten by a whale and living inside of it.

But science on the other hand, what basis does it have? Well with the .0001% that this happens, then this might happen, which just MIGHT trigger this. ALTHOUGH, we have never tried it.

I'm pretty sure that if they seriously tried to scientifically go about it, there would be a higher chance that God exists than this little micro bacteria thing got struck by lightning and evolved into earth. Lol

This post was edited by x]FoRsaKeN[x on Jul 1 2009 10:25pm
Jul 1 2009 10:26pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:24am)
At least we have SOMEWHAT a basis. We have a book that was written from way back in time, and there is not a SINGLE thing that can be proved wrong in it, and everything that it said will happen, has happened, and will happen. Science has never been able to prove anything in the Bible wrong. Not even Jonah getting eaten by a whale and living inside of it.

But science on the other hand, what basis does it have? Well with the .0001% that this happens, then this might happen, which just MIGHT trigger this. ALTHOUGH, we have never tried it.

Lol.

i like you lol
i read your edit
and just to let you athiests know even charles darwin said his theorys were wrong and he only did it to get funding

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 1 2009 10:27pm
Gold: 1.00
Jul 1 2009 10:27pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:16am)

You couldn't be more wrong, there is nothing "random" about it. By observing the world around us we scientifically determine things. We base our theories and conclusions on evidence and logic.

Christians base their ideas on a book that has passed through the hands of thousands of civilizations for thousands of years, with no evidence. The fact of the matter is, maybe Christianity is right, maybe there is a God? But the book has passed through the hands of corrupt humans for thousands of years. You simply cannot logically believe that the Bible is the TRUE word of God. Maybe it started out that way, but little by little it was changed and that's how we ended up with a Bible full of inaccuracies and illogical statements (the world is flat, the sun revolves around the world, you're not allowed to cut your hair, etc). And the fact of the matter is, I'm not about to lend my life to a set of ideals that has been manipulated by men for their own self-interest for millenia. I believe in a higher power, but in no way agree with the Christian religion. I believe killing is wrong, I believe theft is wrong, it's not hard to live a straight and responsible life without the Bible. I'm not about to go out and kill gay people because a stupid book that has been through the hands of thousands of men tells me they're evil, I have something called morals.
Jul 1 2009 10:30pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:27am)
You couldn't be more wrong, there is nothing "random" about it. By observing the world around us we scientifically determine things. We base our theories and conclusions on evidence and logic.

Christians base their ideas on a book that has passed through the hands of thousands of civilizations for thousands of years, with no evidence. The fact of the matter is, maybe Christianity is right, maybe there is a God? But the book has passed through the hands of corrupt humans for thousands of years. You simply cannot logically believe that the Bible is the TRUE word of God. Maybe it started out that way, but little by little it was changed and that's how we ended up with a Bible full of inaccuracies and illogical statements (the world is flat, the sun revolves around the world, you're not allowed to cut your hair, etc). And the fact of the matter is, I'm not about to lend my life to a set of ideals that has been manipulated by men for their own self-interest for millenia. I believe in a higher power, but in no way agree with the Christian religion. I believe killing is wrong, I believe theft is wrong, it's not hard to live a straight and responsible life without the Bible. I'm not about to go out and kill gay people because a stupid book that has been through the hands of thousands of men tells me they're evil, I have something called morals.

they found a REALLLY old bible not too long ago
i think it was like 1500 years old or more
somethin like that

and EVERY word was the same nothing was different except a few misspelling and punctuation errors
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll