d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar Amp Question > Yup
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
May 23 2009 02:48pm
Quote (AlbinoBlackMan @ Sat, May 23 2009, 06:36pm)
its because the -core style is laughable.

it's the genre's fault and the genre's limitations not the musicians.

But every genre has their limitations, do they not?
Gold: 4,883.80
May 23 2009 02:51pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Fri, 22 May 2009, 15:39)
Hey lol'd cause you put "metal / death metal" and then put Lamb of God and Slipknot... Just ignore him he's just being a fag.

You could be the best musician in the world and play deathcore/metalcore and write the best music but
just cause you have "core" after metal in the genre you play people will laugh at you. I'll never get it.

Wow, are you slating Lamb Of God here? :o

Quote (Reversion2 @ Sat, 23 May 2009, 20:48)
But every genre has their limitations, do they not?

Limit Classical music or Blues... Or metal, or anything. You can't limit a genre of music lol

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on May 23 2009 02:52pm
Banned
Warn: 40%
May 23 2009 03:18pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Fri, May 22 2009, 11:39am)
Hey lol'd cause you put "metal / death metal" and then put Lamb of God and Slipknot... Just ignore him he's just being a fag.

You could be the best musician in the world and play deathcore/metalcore and write the best music but
just cause you have "core" after metal in the genre you play people will laugh at you. I'll never get it.

He isn't laughing because of the core label, he's laughing because you said death metal and listed bands like Slipknot. And he's right, that is laughable.

The "core" is laughed at because its a trend and it gets added to everything. For example, Thrashcore, which makes no fucking sense, because thrash is a combination of speed metal and hardcore, so that's saying its speed metal combined with hardcore combined with hardcore. It's a movement that 14 year olds get their panties worked up in a bunch over because it makes them feel tough without realizing where their music even comes from.
Gold: 220.00
May 23 2009 08:10pm
Save for this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

This is the holy grail of modern metal amplifiers (of course not the high end ones)

If you happen to find thousands of dollars you can look at the

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein
Mesa Mark IV/V
Framus Cobra
Peters Chimera
Engl SE
Engl Powerball
Bogner Uberschall
Soldano SLO
May 24 2009 04:17am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Sun, May 24 2009, 03:10am)
Save for this

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-6505-Plus-112-60W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=582106&src=3WWRWXGB&ZYXSEM=0

This is the holy grail of modern metal amplifiers (of course not the high end ones)

If you happen to find thousands of dollars you can look at the

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein
Mesa Mark IV/V
Framus Cobra
Peters Chimera
Engl SE
Engl Powerball
Bogner Uberschall
Soldano SLO

I won't save, I kind of need an amp right now :/
Gold: 220.00
May 24 2009 01:58pm
Quote (ClanBK @ Sat, May 23 2009, 09:18pm)
He isn't laughing because of the core label, he's laughing because you said death metal and listed bands like Slipknot. And he's right, that is laughable.

The "core" is laughed at because its a trend and it gets added to everything. For example, Thrashcore, which makes no fucking sense, because thrash is a combination of speed metal and hardcore, so that's saying its speed metal combined with hardcore combined with hardcore. It's a movement that 14 year olds get their panties worked up in a bunch over because it makes them feel tough without realizing where their music even comes from.

Hahah, I'm 19 and it "makes my panties wet" cause I just appreciate music in general. Everything I listen to doesn't have
to be Br00t@l in order for me to listen to it. I can appreciate any style of music whether it's Lamb of God or Carcass or
Metallica or Benighted. I think it's foolish to think that because you play in a certain genre that your music is shit. I guess
I just look beyond the words "metalcore". I'm not saying I don't like death metal or grind bands I just don't see the point
in being so negative to one certain genre.

Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Sat, May 23 2009, 08:51pm)
Wow, are you slating Lamb Of God here? :o

What you mean?
Banned
Warn: 40%
May 24 2009 02:44pm
Quote (Reversion2 @ Sun, May 24 2009, 03:58pm)
Hahah, I'm 19 and it "makes my panties wet" cause I just appreciate music in general. Everything I listen to doesn't have
to be Br00t@l in order for me to listen to it. I can appreciate any style of music whether it's Lamb of God or Carcass or
Metallica or Benighted. I think it's foolish to think that because you play in a certain genre that your music is shit. I guess
I just look beyond the words "metalcore". I'm not saying I don't like death metal or grind bands I just don't see the point
in being so negative to one certain genre.

You aren't the only one who listens to a lot of places on the music spectrum, I just finished listening to Bach, am listening to Leftover Crack, and my favorite band is REM.

Its not like I don't give bands a try, far from it. I wouldn't listen to half the shit I do if I didn't look past genre labels. It still doesn't change the fact that metalcore is made up of down-tuned guitars playing chugs and breakdowns thrown in for the sake of them being there, with angst-filled lyrics sung by vocalists doing inhales.

Gimme a metalcore/deathcore band that goes beyond that and I'll be all over.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
May 24 2009 05:20pm
Quote (ClanBK @ Sun, May 24 2009, 04:44pm)
You aren't the only one who listens to a lot of places on the music spectrum, I just finished listening to Bach, am listening to Leftover Crack, and my favorite band is REM.

Its not like I don't give bands a try, far from it. I wouldn't listen to half the shit I do if I didn't look past genre labels. It still doesn't change the fact that metalcore is made up of down-tuned guitars playing chugs and breakdowns thrown in for the sake of them being there, with angst-filled lyrics sung by vocalists doing inhales.

This is truth.

Furthermore, any metalcore band that truly surpasses the standards set forth by the genre seems to be re-classified immediately. For lack of a better example, look at Avenged Sevenfold. Waking the Fallen was an average metalcore album which I actually enjoyed when I was younger. Now they've completely abandoned the genre, and whether or not you see the change as a positive one, they really aren't a metalcore band anymore.
May 24 2009 08:58pm
Quote (ClanBK @ Sun, May 24 2009, 08:44pm)

Yeah fair enough. And on the bands that go beyond I would place bands like Lamb of God and Between the Buried and Me
in that category. I mean Lamb of God DOES use some breakdowns I'll give you that but I think their riffage is amazingly combined
with a sick amount of musical talent as a group. And then Between the Buried and Me are metalcore I think... correct me if I'm wrong
on that one. But either way I agree that bands like Killswitch and A7X stick to the "metalcore" standards or breakdowns and droped tunings
but there are a ton of bands that i think still sound great.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll