d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Hi, My Name Is Casey
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 408.00
Feb 22 2009 10:45pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:40pm)
kid? i got 10 years on you. i never said i didnt like B-182 cos they are or arent talented or whatever you are trying to insunuate. i am saying fuck every single band who bastardized punk rock to make a buck. seeing as how you admittedly only like mainstream pop/punk garbage i assume you dont know much about the roots of the music. fortunately for both of us im in no mood to help you understand.

i listen to talentless crap? rly? i have played since before you were born and played in working bands for 6 years. i work as a luthier in a prestegious violin shop (we do electric instruments too if thats all you appreciate) and meet some of the very finest musicians (of all genres) that come through here and this is a very musically diverse town.

as far as what i listen to i really dont think you would dig it until you broadened you horizons a bit. finally, shame on you for thinking your genre is the end all musical exreme righteous champion melody of god, deuche.

I Don't have a genre?

Live with it.

Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, Blackflag, Cock Sparrer, Circle Jerks? What is it you're asking me to open my eyes too?
Gold: 2.57
Feb 22 2009 10:47pm
Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:45am)
hmmm, how much do you think lessons would cost?

and i am seriously thinking about doing this.... did you learn just normal old classical stuff?

i have no idea, havent taken 1-on-1 lessons since I was 12. also different in every area...

Feb 22 2009 10:50pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:37pm)
Well I now understand your argument a lot more, but Black Metal doesn't really mix well with technicality. It's supposed to be atmospheric, and cold. There's a lot going on in the songs usually, since they go for the wall-of-noise effect. Ever listen to Summoning? That is one DIY band that is just incredible.

I agree that these "kvlt" DIY black metal bands aren't the peak of music like the elitists say, infact I find most of them boring. but I'm not gonna hate on the music just because there's some elitists on the internet acting like douchebags.

I'm a pretty big fan of some black metal though, no matter how gay it can get.

I like Gorgoroth because they're more chordsy id say than most black metal bands instead of constant speed picking and blasts with heavy synths, you know what I'm saying?

This post was edited by Ludafish on Feb 22 2009 10:51pm
Gold: 19,597.59
Feb 22 2009 10:52pm
Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:45pm)
hmmm, how much do you think lessons would cost?

and i am seriously thinking about doing this.... did you learn just normal old classical stuff?

suzuki is the way to go, try to learn by ear for the most part it will make everything easier.

Quote (Ludafish @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:45pm)
I Don't have a genre?

Live with it.

Gorilla Biscuits, Minor Threat, Blackflag, Cock Sparrer, Circle Jerks? What is it you're asking me to open my eyes too?

thats more like it. now ditch the "pop" part of it. here's what i mean by covering the bases. i dont listen to much punk rock anymore but still have my ideals. reggae etc, bluegrass etc, all types of rock/hard rock/metal on occasion, big fan of irish etc, blues ofc, play jazz when im in the mood. -and i understand the part about being an elitist for each different genre, i just take offense to what Mtv did to music and poppy punk was the catalyst.

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Feb 22 2009 11:08pm
Feb 22 2009 10:58pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:50am)
I like Gorgoroth because they're more chordsy id say than most black metal bands instead of constant speed picking and blasts with heavy synths, you know what I'm saying?

No, I don't really know what you're saying. All of the black metal I listen to has great riffs. Maybe I just havent heard this bad black metal you speak of lol.

I think there's a good chance you're only hating on black metal because the fans of it don't like hardcore / punk.

Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:31am)
Emperor rules! tongue.gif

and so does nile and carcass and megadeth etc... shit i aint even gonna attempt to write down a list of all my favorite bands.

What do you play?

Carcass is awesome... Symphonies of Sickness is one of my alltime favorite albums...

Me and a friend have a 2-man death metal / jazz project(technical death), i play guitar/piano/keyboard/ vocals, he does drums/bass/2nd guitar/backup vocals. We've been working on material for a long ass time but dont want to make a demo until we get more people so we can play some shows. it's really hard finding a good drummer and bass player that can play the stuff he writes lol, he's a crazy good drummer/bassist. I can barely keep up with the shit he writes.

This post was edited by wh0racLe on Feb 22 2009 11:08pm
Feb 22 2009 11:02pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:58pm)
No, I don't really know what you're saying. All of the black metal I listen to has great riffs. Maybe I just havent heard this bad black metal you speak of lol.

I think there's a good chance you're only hating on black metal because the fans of it don't like hardcore / punk.

I don't hate black metal fans.. Just pricks biggrin.gif

Hmm.. I don't know if I'm explaining what I mean correctly biggrin.gif.

I guess I'm saying they use a lot more open chords than most black metal bands.
Gold: 15.00
Feb 22 2009 11:03pm
It's all about scales tongue.gif
Feb 22 2009 11:06pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 05:02am)
I don't hate black metal fans.. Just pricks biggrin.gif

Hmm.. I don't know if I'm explaining what I mean correctly biggrin.gif.

I guess I'm saying they use a lot more open chords than most black metal bands.

Ive never really listened to gorgoroth tbh.

I love black metal like... emperor, dissection, old dimmu borgir, naglfar, immortal, etc.
Feb 22 2009 11:15pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 12:06am)
Ive never really listened to gorgoroth tbh.

I love black metal like... emperor, dissection, old dimmu borgir, naglfar, immortal, etc.

I like them, you should try it out. I find some black metal to be more along the lines of melodeath style of writing guitarwise, but emperor and gorgoroth are bit different compared to like dimmu.

Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 12:03am)
It's all about scales tongue.gif

Its halarious how many metal albums are completely written in a jewish scale. (its seriously a called a jewish scale)

This post was edited by Ludafish on Feb 22 2009 11:16pm
Gold: 19,597.59
Feb 22 2009 11:20pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 12:15am)
I like them, you should try it out. I find some black metal to be more along the lines of melodeath style of writing guitarwise, but emperor and gorgoroth are bit different compared to like dimmu.

Its halarious how many metal albums are completely written in a jewish scale. (its seriously a called a jewish scale)

thats because klezmer rocks harder than anything out there. seriously. it kind of dabbles around hungarian minor -gypsy music uses this.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll