d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Show Pics Of Your Gear! > Yeah
Prev1287288289290291340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 34,747.70
Jul 24 2014 11:08am
Quote (Antichrist- @ Jul 24 2014 09:33am)
Bought these last week

http://www.performanceaudio.com/images/products/203/1500/38773_2.jpg

http://www.artistguitars.com.au/assets/alt_1/10799.jpg
This with my bass set as bass turned up all the way, mids all the way down and highs half way, 80% on the side of bridge pick up, octave up, mid cut, tone half way and just a bit of fuzz, enough to get it distorted, but not so much that it starts to sound too trebly = really nice sound with my bass :)

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0223/5501/products/jf-10_2.png
Especially if this is between bass and voodoo

What's the point in an audio interface? Like, what does it do for you and how do you use it? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to equipment.
Gold: 13.37
Jul 24 2014 05:23pm
Quote (EA7 @ 24 Jul 2014 20:08)
What's the point in an audio interface? Like, what does it do for you and how do you use it? Sorry I'm a noob when it comes to equipment.

Well :D ..I can play my bass directly through computer, which means that i can record it with good quality, easily and with low latency. Since this audio interface has MIDI ports in it, i can also use my late 80's technics organs as midi controller(i can play/record any sounds from computer with it and no latency) directly through it, and it automaps it better than when running it through another midi controller that works through usb. My friend can hook up his mic in it too. Also, because i got good enough speakers on my stereo/computer system, i can play my bass through it. Which i mostly do now, since other option was the technics organ(which has pretty decent sound, but my stereo speakers are a bit better) or a guitar amp. Im running all my laptop sounds through it and its handy to have different controls for speaker and phones. Im not sure if im imagining, but it seems that overall sound quality from computer got better.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 30 2014 01:57pm
B)
Jul 31 2014 05:29pm
Bump
Aug 1 2014 07:29pm
Bump
Aug 3 2014 03:20pm
Bump
Aug 4 2014 08:47pm
Bump
Aug 4 2014 10:07pm
Nothing special, I have better bass equipment not shown in this picture but I've since moved on.

Aug 7 2014 02:54pm
Quote (Burzum @ Aug 4 2014 11:07pm)
Nothing special, I have better bass equipment not shown in this picture but I've since moved on.

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/s960x960/10550052_705777716137514_8566345243841233201_o.jpg

Very cool :D. What is the brand on the guitar? It looks nice.

I used to have a bunch of nice gear, but now I just play casually through a Peavey Vypyr and the only guitar I still have (Gibson Les Paul Studio). I had to sell an ESP Eclipse, Fender SRV Strat, a Taylor 214ce, mesa dual rectifier, jcm 2000 half stack and dozens of pedals. Fucking college -.-. I used to play a lot of gigs, but I'm no longer a religious individual and nearly every band I was in and the connections I had made were religious in nature.

It's sad to say....but I think the music left me when the religion did.
Aug 7 2014 04:11pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Aug 7 2014 12:54pm)
Very cool :D. What is the brand on the guitar? It looks nice.

(Apologies beforehand for my shameless tl;dr Just took some adderall and am overly passionate about coming back to music again after a long, soulless, empty and depressed 5 years I spent without it.)

Mid 1970's Ibanez 'les paul' I guess around that era they were so accurate gibson filed some huge lawsuit and they had to discontinue the models. It was bought as a birthday present for my father back in '78 and he barely played on it for almost 37 years so I bought it off of him. Apparently my grandfather bought it used from a guitar shop at the time and the person who sold it to to the guitar shop was apparently fairly well known in the area. Odds are it's bogus but at that time Buzz Osbourne (Melvins) and Kurdt Vanderhoof (Metal Church) were playing and pretty active in the area (Aberdeen, WA). Kurt Cobain was way too young at the time and he didn't play on those type of guitars to my knowledge.

The odds aren't completely unrealistic as I see them both playing on guitars that look eerily similar, not claiming anything (at least not 100%) but my father is convinced it was either Buzz or Kurdt according to his 'sources'.

==

I just bought a capo, Elixers nanoweb (.010-.052's) and one of those Fenders 'luthiers choice' packs of polish and cleaner. I've only been playing guitar for hardly over a month so far but my basic knowledge of theory has really helped expedite my practice / improvement a lot faster than I anticipated. I'm a left handed writer but I played Bass right handed for many years. When I decided to start taking guitar more seriously It felt like writing with my opposite hand. I hardly ever used a pick with bass, but I never seemed to have any trouble my four finger coordination / slap etc.. However for guitar, things like artificial/pinch harmonics and even something as basic as string skipping / sweeping is an exciting challenge for me.

I used to have a bunch of nice gear, but now I just play casually through a Peavey Vypyr and the only guitar I still have (Gibson Les Paul Studio). I had to sell an ESP Eclipse, Fender SRV Strat, a Taylor 214ce, mesa dual rectifier, jcm 2000 half stack and dozens of pedals. Fucking college -.-. I used to play a lot of gigs, but I'm no longer a religious individual and nearly every band I was in and the connections I had made were religious in nature.

Mesas are fucking nice, the tube amps I'm assuming? Can you send me a link/pic to that eclipse or one like it? My soul feels a little crushed after hearing that you had to sell all that amazing equipment dude but you gotta do what you gotta do I can respect that.

It's sad to say....but I think the music left me when the religion did.

It's the complete opposite with me music is my religion. I quit for 5 years out of depression / isolation with some psychological issues that I'm finally healing from. I literally transformed into a completely different person after I quit but the change was gradual and I didn't even notice until a few months ago when I was inspired to pick up music again after working with a group of local artists who are sponsoring some grunge mural for the downtown area. A Short time after I threw up a cheap set and hooked up all my old equipment and sort of remembered who I was as a person for the first time in over half a decade. At first I thought it was some strange mental regression but literally ever since I picked up music again everything in my life suddenly fell into place as if the stars aligned. My mind became clearer, my direction in life seemed less confusing and pathways started opening up all around me. Since I've been making significantly more progress financially and re-enrolled into college for the fall to take music theory and finish my degree. My social anxiety has almost completely passed and I'm in the process of writing a novella (for a concept album) and my old band from 11 years ago finally reformed. I'm a skeptic by nature and I gravitate towards a neutral agnostic position in regards to religion and in a way most aspects of life but if theres ever a time I feel a deep spiritual connection to everything around me it's when I practice music.

Wow, once again sorry for the irrelevant tl;dr... I probably sound like a self absorbed douchebag or something. Just felt like venting.

Anyways eric if you want to chat it up on skype or something shoot me a message. I'm much more chill than I used to be :)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1287288289290291340Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll