d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Amateur Keyboard Player > Got Any Tips?
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 36.00
Jan 25 2013 01:13pm
Quote (Zigaboo @ Jan 25 2013 05:42am)
I guess that since my budget is low, no matter what I buy, the feeling won't be really close to an "acoustic" one, right?

I was leaning towards Korg mircoKEY 61

Get an Akai MPK49, they have semi weighted keys and a lot of options, although midi keyboards are only useable if you have an outboard midi rig (which I doubt you have) or a DAW like Pro Tools, Logic, Reaper, FL Studio etc... midi keys have no sounds on their own and no speakers (I know a lot of people just think they are regular keyboards) you are triggering the sounds in a recording software... although with Logic Pro you get Mainstage which is a program you can use to play live with your midi gear.

honestly work with your budget, if you learn without the feel of weighted keys it won't be a huge detriment unless you plan on playing exclusively on actual pianos later on, I learned on a keyboard without any weight to the keys and I transitioned fine... just so you know you need to practice, practice, practice.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll