d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > 40min Dubstep/dance Mix > Dl And Checkitout
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Oct 8 2011 05:39am
Quote (Cloudfire @ Oct 7 2011 11:27pm)
Nope.
http://iforce.co.nz/i/nmj1aqkn.box.jpg

I prefer the term 'broad musical tastes'

Although I agree with you that POP these days takes little to no skill and is a crime against music, most dance/dubstep does actually take a degree of skill to produce. I haven't actually listened to OP's mix, but I'm not under the illusion that any random could sit down and spit out a skrillex song after 10 minutes at a computer.

I'll be the first to say most dubstep is shit. But i do enjoy some aspects of the genre which i assume is partly because of my roots as a metalhead

ahhhhhhhh. Breath of fresh air.
Oct 8 2011 02:55pm
Quote (Cloudfire @ Oct 7 2011 11:27pm)
Nope.
http://iforce.co.nz/i/nmj1aqkn.box.jpg

I prefer the term 'broad musical tastes'

Although I agree with you that POP these days takes little to no skill and is a crime against music, most dance/dubstep does actually take a degree of skill to produce. I haven't actually listened to OP's mix, but I'm not under the illusion that any random could sit down and spit out a skrillex song after 10 minutes at a computer.

I'll be the first to say most dubstep is shit. But i do enjoy some aspects of the genre which i assume is partly because of my roots as a metalhead

Is the new Angra album any good at all?
Gold: 0.70
Oct 8 2011 03:33pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Oct 9 2011 09:55am)
Is the new Angra album any good at all?

tbh rebirth is the only one i really listen to lol
Oct 9 2011 11:42am
Quote (Cloudfire @ Oct 8 2011 05:33pm)
tbh rebirth is the only one i really listen to lol

Hahaha yeah man, same for me! Although I enjoy some songs on Fireworks and Angels Cry ;) But yeah, Rebirth is just incredible.
Oct 9 2011 11:55am
i like how the outro of your song harmonized with watch out

volume was a little low there though (you turned it up pretty randomly, so i guess you caught that). I had to really put some effort into hearing the very very beginning of watch out. idk if that's cause you didn't really want it in there or not, but you should tell doctor p to just give you the clips :P

still listening
Gold: Locked
Oct 21 2011 09:33am
As someone who has been learning to produce dubstep for several months, I can tell you that making a dubstep song IS very simple.

Just like playing a guitar is simple.

Just like any type of "music" is simple to make.

However, making it sound GOOD is what separates a musician from someone who pirated some software and threw down some presets. There is a gigantic difference between doing anything and doing it well. I just got a youtube partnership from my work, and I think it can be attributed largely to my years of playing violin and guitar and taking several music theory courses. Producing takes practice and experience just like any other form of music. Dubstep is great party/dance music and I love it for that. But do I listen to it on a Sunday morning? No way. If you looked at my iPod I'm not sure you would be able to pick just 1 genre and call it my favorite.

TL; DR: stop the hate producing takes skill just like anything else

Here is my video if any of you would like to check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmiafcz5x9Q
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll