d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Need Some Opinions About A Guitar Problem > Q
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 4,807.80
Feb 15 2011 05:32am
Quote (linuxpenguin @ 15 Feb 2011 11:16)
Taylors are most definitely over rated. I can have a luthier hand build me a guitar to my exact wood and specifications for less then a taylor. Breedloves are better and cheaper.

Im just saying Im having a hard time believing someone would be so careless with such an expensive instrument. My JEM's get "Beaten on", but in no way shape or form are they gonna get damaged, and they aint worth 3500.

I don't doubt a luthier could do a great job too, but I stand by my statement that Taylor is worth the money, just like Gibson is worth the money.

Simply, this idiot has been very careless and irresponsible and doesn't care, which is just sad. People like him don't deserve nice things. Lets just pray he never drives <_<
Gold: 1.00
Feb 15 2011 05:44am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 15 2011 11:32am)
I don't doubt a luthier could do a great job too, but I stand by my statement that Taylor is worth the money, just like Gibson is worth the money.

Simply, this idiot has been very careless and irresponsible and doesn't care, which is just sad. People like him don't deserve nice things. Lets just pray he never drives <_<

We can argue ALLL DAY about the gibson thing lmao.

I'll take my ibanez's :D

I want to see this "Damage". Surely if he can afford 3500 on a guitar, he has a camera lying around somewhere...
Gold: 4,041.60
Feb 15 2011 07:20am
Its good to see jsp hasn't lost its touch of highly based opinions that are always right, you guys don't know anything about me yet you will sit there and say things about me based on the fact that my guitar has been damaged. I didn't buy the guitar and decide one day that I'm gonna fuck it up, it just happened.. maybe thats why its called an accident but who knows. I love my guitar, its just been through some shit and you guys are acting like I've committed some kind of atrocity for playing my guitar and getting my moneys worth other than letting is sit on a stand or in its case because I'm to afraid to put a scratch in it. Its been used by many people and seen a lot of places, I'm sorry it bothers you guys so much though that a guitar could just so happen to have some damage fall upon it. Living a sheltered life must be painfully stressful and tiresome.

I don't have a camera but I do have one on my phone so the quality is kinda shitty

Feb 15 2011 07:42am
Hmmmmmmmmmm........... Very close to being very bad damage, but as it hasn't entered the cutaway I think it'll be ok.

We aren't acting as though you have purposely damaged it - it's just shocking that you don't really care about it is all. I care greatly if any damage occurs to my guitars, and most other people do aswell but you are the first i've encountered that isn't really miffed with the damage.

I think you are ok to keep the guitar and continue using it. However, in the next 5 years those cracks may get a lot bigger and start affecting the body massively.
Gold: 4,041.60
Feb 15 2011 08:11am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Feb 15 2011 08:42am)
Hmmmmmmmmmm........... Very close to being very bad damage, but as it hasn't entered the cutaway I think it'll be ok.

We aren't acting as though you have purposely damaged it - it's just shocking that you don't really care about it is all. I care greatly if any damage occurs to my guitars, and most other people do aswell but you are the first i've encountered that isn't really miffed with the damage.

I think you are ok to keep the guitar and continue using it. However, in the next 5 years those cracks may get a lot bigger and start affecting the body massively.

I do care man but I'm not gonna get upset over it, accidents happen and I'll fix it when I get the money. This guitar isn't gonna leave me until I pass it on, I just wanted to see if I should get it fixed now or wait but I guess I've found my answer. Have a good day guys.
Feb 15 2011 09:48am
Yeah i'd wait until it becomes a problem.

Also, nice foot lol
Gold: 51.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 15 2011 10:24am
Quote (C21_H30_O2 @ Feb 15 2011 09:11am)
I do care man but I'm not gonna get upset over it, accidents happen and I'll fix it when I get the money. This guitar isn't gonna leave me until I pass it on, I just wanted to see if I should get it fixed now or wait but I guess I've found my answer. Have a good day guys.

:cry:
Gold: 19,597.59
Feb 15 2011 05:46pm
lmao you guys are being discouraging, uptight little bitches about this. i work side by side with a luthier of 15+ years, this shit happens. the big dent on the side of the top looks bad. it is hard to tell from the pics, but the other cracks look like finish cracks, with the exception of the knicks in the body. no big deal, happens when you dont keep your instrument between 30%-50% humidity (how many of you actually keep tabs on your instruments humidity?), finish cracks are 100% cosmetic. top cracks on a guitar would be something to worry about to the owner, not the people he asked for advice. your negativity is more of a shame to the musical community than a person who might have neglected his instrument.

you hould see my fiddle. there is literally wood falling off of it, its worth about $700 in current condition (rapidly declining!). its got fucking style and i like it the way it is, get all angry at that.
Gold: 3,015.00
Feb 15 2011 08:40pm
if it doesnt effect playability then leave it... it wont give it a bad sound and it will make it more unique
Gold: 51.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 17 2011 03:09am
Quote (juliusjuice @ Feb 15 2011 06:46pm)
lmao you guys are being discouraging, uptight little bitches about this. i work side by side with a luthier of 15+ years, this shit happens. the big dent on the side of the top looks bad. it is hard to tell from the pics, but the other cracks look like finish cracks, with the exception of the knicks in the body. no big deal, happens when you dont keep your instrument between 30%-50% humidity (how many of you actually keep tabs on your instruments humidity?), finish cracks are 100% cosmetic. top cracks on a guitar would be something to worry about to the owner, not the people he asked for advice. your negativity is more of a shame to the musical community than a person who might have neglected his instrument.

you hould see my fiddle. there is literally wood falling off of it, its worth about $700 in current condition (rapidly declining!). its got fucking style and i like it the way it is, get all angry at that.

Somebody here takes the internet a little too seriously.......
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Closed New Topic New Poll