d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Iso Songs For Begining Drummer > Just Got My Drums Set
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,281.00
Jan 18 2010 08:04am
I could just say Youtube is your friend, but I have some resources you could check out. To answer your question honestly though, it all depends. You could just check out web resources or you can listen to some AC/DC because Phil Rudd (the drummer) is good at playing simple rhythms.

Here are a few websites:
1) www.drummerworld.com
There is an entire section devoted to teaching useful techniques like the Moeller Method and some others
2) www.freedrumlessons.com
I have honestly learned a lot of great stuff from this website and they even have play-alongs for you that you can download. One of the best resources to date that I have found. I would also suggest looking around their forums as well for more ideas.
3) http://www.youtube.com/user/djp132
This is simply the profile of a guy named Derrick Pope who is a greater drummer and teacher. I learned A LOT from his videos. Although the stuff he discusses is more intermediate, when I discovered his videos I learned a lot and gained a lot more skill quickly.
4) http://www.vicfirth.com/education/rudimentlearningsequence.html
These are your drum rudiments. Every drummer should know these. You can even print them out here I believe.
5) http://onlinedrummer.com/
Another good resource for free drum lessons. They transpose a lot of stuff by bands and have useful lessons.

Anyway, these are some of the resources that helped me the most. If you have ANY questions about technique or drumming in general, I'll see what I can do to help. I have have a few years experience playing in marching band, jazz band, and wind ensemble as a percussionist. Good luck!
Gold: Locked
Warn: 40%
Jan 18 2010 11:28am
Quote (hellohal @ Jan 16 2010 01:20pm)
guitar or drums?

idk about guitar but i know that your not going to learn

paradiddles, triplets, 6stroke rolls, 5 stroke rolls etc

from playing along to songs

With drumsi did yes.......... didnt really learn crap from listening on guitar haha.
.. As for the paradiddles, etc. You can atcually learn them but not know your doing them :P I could do em but never really knew what they were until i had an intro course for basics on drumming.
Never taken lessons exept for the basics, but idk how others work with listening to music n playing along with it.

This post was edited by MrChaotic on Jan 18 2010 11:28am
Banned
Gold: 520.00
Warn: 30%
Jan 18 2010 11:31am
Nirvana songs are fun to play, but you'll need some coordination(foot-hand) to play em. Easy to learn, nevertheless.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 19 2010 06:22am
Quote (riveok @ Jan 18 2010 12:31pm)
Nirvana songs are fun to play, but you'll need some coordination(foot-hand) to play em. Easy to learn, nevertheless.

I vouch this, there are also:
Weezer-anything
3 Doors Down- most of their stuff
When you want to try some cool stuff and expand your style some, go with Audioslave.
He has style, but still uses simple techniques, and its not super fast.
Same with RHCP.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 26 2010 11:29am
i found out that my condition is soo weak, i mean my feet hurts after idk bout 1h of playing' :D
albo my coordination of foot-hand sux a bit, but i think i'm getting better :P
thx for all your advices :)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll