d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Fret Buzz
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Nov 21 2009 02:22pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Nov 17 2009 08:39pm)
i meant the truss rod, the rod that runs through the neck, it flexes and needs to be attended to every once in a while -all you need is a philips screwdriver and the right size allen wrench. whenever you buy an instrument off eeebay it needs professional setup! i work in a violin shop where we get repair work from eeebay purchases every day, violins need much more setup than guitars ofc.

if adjusting the truss rod doesnt do it you might need a fret dress or refret -usually one of the frets pops out a little bit or the others, from 1-11 in this case, have worn down so the 12 sits a too high. a fret dress should be about $40, refret is about $250-300. bottom line, take it to a luthier, not "guitar center" or "musicians friend outlet", somewhere that knows how to repair the problem permanently. most places adjust the truss rod until the neck looks straight and the action feels right. the problem is if the rod is flexed improperly your neck warps, causing serious irrepairable (unless you re-neck the thing) intonation, string height (action) and neck curvature problems. these guitars often end up as wall decor.

why cant all instruments be fretless!!!!

Heh, most basic guitar chords would be impossible. Maybe it would be possible to finger a few chords in open position... Don't even think about trying to play barre chords, lol.

Gold: 2.00
Nov 21 2009 10:31pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Nov 21 2009 02:22pm)
Heh, most basic guitar chords would be impossible. Maybe it would be possible to finger a few chords in open position... Don't even think about trying to play barre chords, lol.

this ^_^
Gold: 19,597.59
Nov 23 2009 06:21pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Nov 21 2009 03:22pm)

i know i was joking. playing double stops on fiddle and chords on fretless banjo is hard enough, plaing multiple fingered strings at a time would be about impossible.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll