d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Learning Guitar
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.34
Nov 2 2009 01:17pm
Quote (Innocent @ Nov 2 2009 03:11pm)
It most certainly makes you lazy. It's nice to have someone show you to not use your thumb and to hold your pick correctly, but other than that, what's the point? Anything they could teach you, you could learn yourself in half the time with 2% of the cost, and in my book if you're going to pay obscene amounts of money with no other explanation as to why you can't just do it yourself, you're a lazy loser.

They may be lazy, but it doesn't make them a loser.
May as well tell people they're lazy losers for going to public school.

This post was edited by Mathcorey on Nov 2 2009 01:21pm
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Nov 2 2009 01:45pm
Quote (Mathcorey @ 2 Nov 2009 20:17)
They may be lazy, but it doesn't make them a loser.
May as well tell people they're lazy losers for going to public school.

Compulsory education is a bit different lol but that's another topic for another subforum.
Gold: 2.34
Nov 2 2009 02:07pm
Quote (Innocent @ Nov 2 2009 03:45pm)
Compulsory education is a bit different lol but that's another topic for another subforum.

Education is required, yes.
But, you could say that people that go to public school are lazy losers compared to people that go to cyber school.
The people that go to public school have somebody up there in front of the classroom reading everything to them, and they have the opportunity to work in groups. Whereas a cyber school student who is doing the self-paced process has to read everything by his/herself and do all of the work on their own.

Cyber schooling represents teaching yourself the guitar through books, and public schooling represents taking lessons (just making the representations clear).

Most people want to do it the easier way, but they'd most likely do it the other way if they didn't have the option.

You can't label somebody a lazy loser because they want to take lessons. But if they refused to learn it on their because they don't have the option to take lessons, then you can label them it.

This post was edited by Mathcorey on Nov 2 2009 02:08pm
Gold: 0.00
Nov 2 2009 02:17pm
Stretch your fingers, stay relaxed and if you get frustrated and worked up then put your guitar down and do something else for awhile...

Don't expect to play Michael Angelo Batio's shit anytime soon but just worry about coordinating your left and right hands and your left-hand fingers with your right hand.

You owe me one.

jk

(not really)
Retired Moderator
Gold: 10,720.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 2 2009 05:44pm
Learn how to tune a guitar, either get a tuner or learn it by ear.

Learn some really fundamental chords, look around at the Internet for some easy songs. Just get started and get used to play on your instrument.

You can pm me John if you have some questions, pretty much dealt with most of the beginner issues.
Gold: 369,290.50
Nov 3 2009 01:18pm
i can give you a few beginner scales if ya want. mainly focusing on strumming and memorization of the guitar without looking at it.
usually stuff i give to kids in the first class
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll