d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Playing Drums
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 20%
Sep 26 2009 05:05pm
Quote (Yaksha @ Fri, Sep 25 2009, 08:55am)
gnr > coldplay

cuz coldplay sucks... especially if youre listening to them for drumming lol

sound deadening padding for your walls will help but not eliminate the problem... i recommend finding a rehearsal space thats not your home

Rush is for drumming inspiration :D
Gold: 4,179.07
Oct 1 2009 12:02am
I would 100% suggest you start out on an acoustic kit.
You can feel the sound, and feel what you are playing more than you can on an electric.
Plus, I don't know any bands that solely use an electric kit while performing

For acoustic kits, I recommend anything from Pearl.
For electric, I recommend Roland's TD line.

This post was edited by AnBerliN on Oct 1 2009 12:02am
Gold: 7,065.69
Oct 1 2009 02:08am
Quote (AnBerliN @ Thu, 1 Oct 2009, 07:02)
I would 100% suggest you start out on an acoustic kit.
You can feel the sound, and feel what you are playing more than you can on an electric.
Plus, I don't know any bands that solely use an electric kit while performing

For acoustic kits, I recommend anything from Pearl.
For electric, I recommend Roland's TD line.

pearl dont make that good kits any more imo

for starter kits, u wana stick with

mapex, tama, yamaha, ddrum imo
Gold: 1.00
Oct 1 2009 03:28am
Quote (Darkshade @ Sat, Sep 26 2009, 03:32pm)
I know what I'm arguing about, you're just denying the fact I'm right and you're wrong.
And yes some opinions are useless, for example, yours right there:

Opinions are subjective. They vary depending on the person. There is no "right or wrong" in opinions. Learn this, then come back here. However, you can disagree with an opinion all you want, and you can argue your point all you want. All you've done is resort to your lower brain functions by calling names. I show respect for people until they disrespect me. Which is what you've done.

He's asking for help because he wants to drums and just come in and tell him that drums aren't meant for him only because he cannot get an acoustic drum set?
That's useless. It's like if you wanted to start acoustic guitar and I come in and tell you: "Oh, get an amp for it. If you cannot, acoustic guitar isn't for you." Useless opinion, that's not what you would want to hear.

Your example is not comparable. It is very different from my statement. My statement, however, IS similar to someone saying they want to play guitar, and I suggest they get an acoustic or electric guitar, as opposed to an electronic guitar (one that does not produce it's own sound, but emulates a guitar by playing recorded sounds as it is strummed).
Price constraints, as well as achieving a realistic tone are both cons of e-drums. And honestly, simply because you'd say an opinion is something someone "would not want to hear", should it not be said? Here's an opinion: Learning an instrument isn't going to be easy. It will take constant practice and determination. Maybe someone would rather not hear how hard a task will be, but they're going to find out either way. I'd rather he hear all viewpoints and opinions BEFORE he invest in drums. Not just the baseless argument that "e-drums are great and PSPZorZ is an idiot".

That's why I started bashing on you, because you're being a fucking retarded moron towards the why he made this thread.

Obviously, you have no idea how to react towards my reaction on your opinion, so you just call me a close-minded moron.

Your reaction of my opinion was calling me an idiot... lawl. And I simply reacted by calling you likewise names. I will talk sh*t when I'm being talked sh*t to because, as I've said already, if someone does not respect me, then why should I show them respect and be civil to them? You see, I'm talking sh*t to defend myself. Whereas you just do it because your parents never loved you as a child ;)

Like I said in my previous post, what you just told me was completely irrelevant and a worthless comeback.
Learn to accept defeat or learn to argue correctly.
Nothing of what you said in this thread was a good argument.

An argument that my statement was, indeed, an opinion? Well you've already agreed that it was. An argument that opinions are subjective? Simply look up the definition of opinion. What exactly do you think I'm trying to argue? I'm just showing you the respect that you deserve (none). You're making up false arguments by claiming I'm trying to get you to "accept" your opinion, which I am not:

Quote (Darkshade @ Sat, Sep 26 2009, 02:35pm)
I don't rage and cuss at someone whom I don't agree with. I bash stupid people that give useless opinions.

You're trying to make me accept your opinion, yet you don't accept my opinion that you're a close-minded moron only here to get free posts on a gaming forum.

In other words, if the only thing you can write is shit and worthless "opinions" of yours, than I highly recommend to get the fuck out of here before getting even more verbal'd and embarrassed on the internet by a "12 years old".

Oh and by the way, don't bother replying to this, you can't comeback with anything worth it.
Gold: 4,179.07
Oct 1 2009 11:45am
Quote (hellohal @ Thu, Oct 1 2009, 03:08am)

Pearl has never done me wrong.
I've had an export ELX for 8-ish years. Still running strong and a great all around kit to play. Never had any problems with it.

What's wrong with Pearl kits?
Gold: 7,065.69
Oct 1 2009 11:58am
Quote (AnBerliN @ Thu, 1 Oct 2009, 18:45)
Pearl has never done me wrong.
I've had an export ELX for 8-ish years. Still running strong and a great all around kit to play. Never had any problems with it.

What's wrong with Pearl kits?

just dont like them, they dont look "proper" to me :D

its just my opinion though, i know a lot of people who love them
my mate has a white export which looks quite nice just not my thing

im more into the tama/gretsch thing atm

dont have one but im gonna be getting the

tama superstar hyperdrive one soon
Gold: 1.00
Oct 1 2009 05:11pm
Quote (hellohal @ Thu, Oct 1 2009, 04:08am)

i highly disagree. I think Pearl kits are great. I personally play a 5 piece Export =) And I think Pearl makes some of the best-sounding drums =)
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll