d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Best Music I've Ever Heard..
Prev123458Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 7 2009 09:19pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 08:40pm)
The bible is full of fallacies and religion has the worst case of double standards.

People say that the bible says gays are immoral

However in the same way the bible says that it says that children that disobey should be stoned to death.
As well as that if you are working on the Sabbath you should be killed.

:\

If you are going to swear your life and morals on the bible. You better stick it through and not pick and choose the ones that make you look good.

I found one of the quotes, and then another interesting one. Take note that that all of these come from only a few sentences from each other

Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13:
"If a man lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination and they shall surely be put to death."

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him."
(Leviticus 20:9)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

didn't read

:lol:
Jul 7 2009 09:21pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 09:59pm)
God predetermines all of our actions, there is no challenge, it's all planned out.

That is all religion, there are hundreds of cases of Christian priests who were caught molesting kids. You Christians, you think your shit doesn't stink.

not even gonna respond

these debates never end
Jul 8 2009 12:19am
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 08:59pm)
God predetermines all of our actions, there is no challenge, it's all planned out.

That is all religion, there are hundreds of cases of Christian priests who were caught molesting kids. You Christians, you think your shit doesn't stink.

Priests are non-existant in Christianity, that is ONLY catholicism. Learn your facts man
Jul 8 2009 12:21am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Tue, Jul 7 2009, 07:40pm)
The bible is full of fallacies and religion has the worst case of double standards.

People say that the bible says gays are immoral

However in the same way the bible says that it says that children that disobey should be stoned to death.
As well as that if you are working on the Sabbath you should be killed.

:\

If you are going to swear your life and morals on the bible. You better stick it through and not pick and choose the ones that make you look good.

I found one of the quotes, and then another interesting one. Take note that that all of these come from only a few sentences from each other

Leviticus 18:22:
"You shall not lie with a male as those who lie with a female; it is an abomination."

Leviticus 20:13:
"If a man lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination and they shall surely be put to death."

"For everyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death. He has cursed his father or his mother. His blood shall be upon him."
(Leviticus 20:9)

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves. You may also buy some of the temporary residents living among you and members of their clans born in your country, and they will become your property." (Leviticus 25:44-45)

You are making absolutely no point here. None of the contradict each other. If you're going to bring up the "Why don't you kill people for this", is because Leviticus is in the Old Testament, and those laws are no longer standards.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 8 2009 10:01am
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 02:19am)
Priests are non-existant in Christianity, that is ONLY catholicism. Learn your facts man

Completely false statement. However, Christian Priests are more-commonly referred to as Pastors/Ministers.
Jul 8 2009 01:20pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 11:01am)
Completely false statement. However, Christian Priests are more-commonly referred to as Pastors/Ministers.

You mean they ARE referred to as Pastors :P. Priests in catholicism are a weird subject, because they are somehow deemed "Holy", or better than others. Our pastor will openly admit he is just like we are.

I am so sick of hearing the "Your priests/pastors/whatever get caught molesting little kids"....You know what I have to say. You stupid athiest people, really, very stupid - have a million times more cases of it, so grow up.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 8 2009 02:21pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 03:20pm)
You mean they ARE referred to as Pastors :P. Priests in catholicism are a weird subject, because they are somehow deemed "Holy", or better than others. Our pastor will openly admit he is just like we are.

I am so sick of hearing the "Your priests/pastors/whatever get caught molesting little kids"....You know what I have to say. You stupid athiest people, really, very stupid - have a million times more cases of it, so grow up.

They are referred to as both. Your last statement is utter bullshit, quite unsubstantiated. I'm not criticising your faith, moron, I'm criticising your corrupt religious institutions. You give power to a man who you think is somehow "closer to god", and you can bet he'll use this power.
Jul 8 2009 03:40pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Wed, Jul 8 2009, 04:21pm)
They are referred to as both. Your last statement is utter bullshit, quite unsubstantiated. I'm not criticising your faith, moron, I'm criticising your corrupt religious institutions. You give power to a man who you think is somehow "closer to god", and you can bet he'll use this power.

we dont give power to anyone rofl
they just decide to become a pastor or priest and make a church
and then they are a priest

its not like we vote for him or something rofl
Banned
Warn: 40%
Jul 8 2009 03:47pm
I FUCKING LOVE THE BEATLES
Gold: 4,179.07
Jul 8 2009 04:36pm
Quote (BaM @ Sat, Jul 4 2009, 05:35pm)