d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Guitar Question
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jul 13 2009 09:22pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Mon, Jul 13 2009, 08:37pm)
Amp = 95% of tone

bad electronics only cause hum, or scratchy pots, or picking up radio. It wont crap your tone.

Amp is maybe 60-70% at most :P
Gold: 45,591.26
Trader: Trusted
Jul 13 2009 11:38pm
Quote (proSpinner @ Mon, Jul 13 2009, 09:16pm)
honestly, warlocks are horrible guitars.  terrible sound, and as im sure youve noticed, they fail miserably over time.  i reccomend any fender strat or gibson les paul obv ;)  however, if you are hell-bent on keeping the warlock, check the truss rod.  You can also take it to your local music shop and have them run tests on the electronics.  most likely what it is are the pickups, or your bridge.  warlocks are made of cheaper materials, and wood expands and contracts when it comes into contact with varietal weather patterns.  at any rate, save some money and buy a quality guitar :)

Most of the low end Warlocks are as inconsistent in quality as the rest of the guitars in the price range, the right models are some of the best for their price, though some of the newer low-end BCR models are effectively Bronze series guitars with a new headstock/bridge/paint job. Mid to high end Warlocks are very nice guitars, far better than any Fender or Gibson in the same price range - the NJ and Exotic BCR lines play better than Fenders and Gibsons that cost nearly twice as much. Fender and Gibson are expensive names, and they make a lot of extremely overpriced guitars, many simply because their guitars are icons of the past. Gibson necks are notorious for breaking too, always in the same place. There are better guitars for every type of music, and they cost less because you're not paying as much for the name.
The truss rod is also a very unlikely problem - the playability would be the notable problem, not the tone, and it isn't hard to tell if the truss rod needs adjustment.

@ OP - If it's a Bronze series or similar low end guitar, it's probably the electronics other than the pickups - the stock BDSM humbuckers don't really break, the cheap Korean parts used tend to break like most cheap electronics, but you can replace them with higher quality parts pretty cheap. If you need help, you can PM me, I have experience repairing/restoring/rebuilding a number of BC Rich guitars, and I have everything from repairs guides to wiring diagrams to the models/specs of parts.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll