d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > I Wanna Start Sweep Pickin. > Where Do I Start?
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3.00
Jun 17 2009 04:20am
Quote (AlbinoBlackMan @ Tue, Jun 16 2009, 09:55pm)
i worded that wrong, i mean from him,

saying sweeping is ONLY about the arppegios and not the actual technique, bullshit.

and how is muting a bad habit? unwanted string noise is the bane of sweep picking

Yes it is, but you shouldn't be hearing noise regardless if your technique is proper. I don't mute strings at all, and my sweeps are crystal clear. I didn't say it was only about the arpeggios either, why the hell are you being so hostile? Jesus, was just trying to help the guy.
Gold: 655.00
Jun 17 2009 06:55am
Calm down guys.
Everyone here has given me new knowledge about sweeping so thank you.
I'll just work on it now.
Gold: 2.57
Jun 17 2009 07:42am
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 10:20am)
I don't mute strings at all, and my sweeps are crystal clear.

i lol'd

This post was edited by wh0racLe on Jun 17 2009 07:48am
Gold: 3,032.85
Jun 17 2009 02:17pm
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 02:20am)
Yes it is, but you shouldn't be hearing noise regardless if your technique is proper. I don't mute strings at all, and my sweeps are crystal clear. I didn't say it was only about the arpeggios either, why the hell are you being so hostile? Jesus, was just trying to help the guy.

im fixing my statement earlier about the other guy, not hostile at all towards you

Quote (wh0racLe @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 05:42am)
i lol'd

i gotta say i agree with whoracle though ... video or i dont believe it

This post was edited by AlbinoBlackMan on Jun 17 2009 02:17pm
Jun 17 2009 03:25pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 06:42am)
i lol'd

??? Serious? I'm sorry you can't play decently then, it's not hard at all, lol. If you're muting, your technique is either wrong, or bad, because you wouldn't need to had it been correct. It's really not hard at all, lol. I've been playing for 4 years, so that might be it, but if you've been playing more than 2 years and practice a decent amount, you really shouldn't have a problem with sweeping whatsoever, I find it to be one of the easier techniques to learn.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 17 2009 04:19pm
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 05:25pm)
??? Serious? I'm sorry you can't play decently then, it's not hard at all, lol. If you're muting, your technique is either wrong, or bad, because you wouldn't need to had it been correct. It's really not hard at all, lol. I've been playing for 4 years, so that might be it, but if you've been playing more than 2 years and practice a decent amount, you really shouldn't have a problem with sweeping whatsoever, I find it to be one of the easier techniques to learn.

You're wrong. The amount of time you have been playing has nothing to do with it, by the way.

If you're sweep picking, and not muting at all, you get one of two possible results: arpeggiated chords, or massive amounts of noise. Either way, if you're not muting, you aren't sweeping correctly.

Also, sweeping is definitely one of the more difficult techniques to learn. I get the feeling that your sweeps sound like dick. If you disagree I would love to hear a sound clip proving me wrong.
Jun 17 2009 04:22pm
Quote (Makemetalmusic @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 09:25pm)

First of all, stop with the e-thugging. Second, muting the strings is very important if you wanna sweep cleanly with lots of gain and distortion. Go tell Yngwie Malmsteen that his technique is wrong because he mutes the strings.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jun 17 2009 04:27pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 06:22pm)
First of all, stop with the e-thugging. Second, muting the strings is very important if you wanna sweep cleanly with lots of gain and distortion. Go tell Yngwie Malmsteen that his technique is wrong because he mutes the strings.

This is truth. While you're at it, though, tell Yngwie that he's a douche and nobody likes him anymore.
Jun 17 2009 04:29pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Wed, Jun 17 2009, 10:27pm)
This is truth. While you're at it, though, tell Yngwie that he's a douche and nobody likes him anymore.

:( I love yngwie.
Jun 17 2009 04:34pm
I don't understand why either of you are being so rude/hostile, I'm just explaining what I know to be the truth from experience. Maybe you're thinking of a different " mute " then I am, but I doubt it. If I can get a cam, I'll be more than happy to show you guys what I'm talking about, but I think I'd probably just receive more immature comments.

If you're using proper technique, you don't need to mute them. That's juvenile technique used by amateurs, no offense. Malmsteen does NOT mute his strings, he has proper technique. If you release the fret properly, and cleanly, it will come out clear. If you mute the strings, anyone who's played for a day or more could probably do it. I still maintain it's not a very difficult technique to learn and develop, it's one of the first ones I learned. I actually learned poiychording after sweeping, so I don't know why you guys think it's so hard. I think what you guys are calling " muting " is something entirely different than what you mean to say, so perhaps you should rephrase your comments before acting like an asshole to someone who hasn't done anything to you. Grow up.

I mean honestly, what do you think, that I'm bullshitting you about a guitar technique on a forum? Get real, drop your ego for a second.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1234Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll