d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Music Like Sugar Ray
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 19,597.59
May 20 2009 03:21am
Quote (Reversion2 @ Wed, May 20 2009, 12:29am)
STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN IS THE BEST SONG EVER MAN!!!

Fuck I'd put a band like The Who at a higher level of musicianship then
Led Zepp, I think Zepp are a bunch of fucking fairies who get too much
credit for a mediocre song. I'm not saying their terrible but even still
to say they could TRASH any metal band... you've got to be fucking
kidding me kid. You should be ashamed to call yourself a metal listener.

lol you need a history lesson kid. led zeppelin are a great part resposible for creating your metal music.

im sry they dont rip up and down the neck and slit their heads open during their encore.
Gold: 220.00
May 20 2009 05:42am
This type of argument about Led Zepp is similar to the argument of "Jimmy Hendrix best geetarz evuh!!". Being good and being influential to the music we have today are completely different things. So when someone who argues, Jimmy Hendrix is the best guitarist ever they cannot say that he is the best because he influenced the music of today. It is irrelavent. I too beleive Led Zepp was very mediocre, they released a good amount of music and i find that most of it really sucked (i have their box set). Led Zep IV is about as much as i delve into, with a few others as well.
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2009 09:12am
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Wed, May 20 2009, 11:42am)
This type of argument about Led Zepp is similar to the argument of "Jimmy Hendrix best geetarz evuh!!". Being good and being influential to the music we have today are completely different things. So when someone who argues, Jimmy Hendrix is the best guitarist ever they cannot say that he is the best because he influenced the music of today. It is irrelavent. I too beleive Led Zepp was very mediocre, they released a good amount of music and i find that most of it really sucked (i have their box set). Led Zep IV is about as much as i delve into, with a few others as well.

Thank you! This was my point exactly, I'm glad someone else see's it this way as well.

Quote (juliusjuice @ Wed, May 20 2009, 09:21am)
lol you need a history lesson kid. led zeppelin are a great part resposible for creating your metal music.

im sry they dont rip up and down the neck and slit their heads open during their encore.

Lol, lessons in history eh? Since when does lessons in history change my point of view on something
that is TOTALLY up for judgment. Stop being a fucking idiot and pull your head out your ass kid.
Gold: 2.57
May 20 2009 09:31am
Quote (juliusjuice @ Wed, May 20 2009, 09:21am)

being revolutionary doesn't automatically mean they are better. Fuck, it's pointless to compare bands of different genres anyways.

It's like me saying B.B. King is better than Zeppelin because he was more influential and important in rock history.
Gold: 19,597.59
May 20 2009 01:45pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Wed, May 20 2009, 10:31am)
being revolutionary doesn't automatically mean they are better. Fuck, it's pointless to compare bands of different genres anyways.

It's like me saying B.B. King is better than Zeppelin because he was more influential and important in rock history.

youve both assumed i like led zep, i cant listen to more than 5 minutes of it. i am saying they along with motorhead, hendrix, and black sabbath paved the way for metal. without them it would likely sound much different today. -for the record i do love bb king, he is not that technically gifted, he just has a way with his notes.

reversion2 lol at your erage. i responded because you dissed on your own roots and sound like you have no idea what you are talking about.

This post was edited by juliusjuice on May 20 2009 01:46pm
Gold: 1.04
May 20 2009 07:43pm
see whats funny about this thread is that you guys are arguing about music.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
May 20 2009 09:00pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Thu, May 21 2009, 01:43am)
see whats funny about this thread is that you guys are arguing about music.

arguing about music is something that will never cease to exist. even though people are seemingly getting heated, its enjoyable.

I'm not a huge fan of led zeppelin, but i appreciate their music. i'm not a huge fan of much metal, but i can appreciate songs and parts of songs. thats the musician in me. i am a big fan of b.b. king though. blues just feels so good hah
Gold: 0.00
May 20 2009 10:24pm
Quote (sublime96 @ Thu, May 21 2009, 03:00am)
arguing about music is something that will never cease to exist. even though people are seemingly getting heated, its enjoyable.

LOL yeah it's funny when you pretend to get angry just to watch someone else get angry...

Or just diss a band everyone claims is influential and you've got 30 people pissed at you.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll