d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Yes I Can Play That!! Metal Drum Beats > Drumkit From Hell!
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Apr 8 2009 02:52pm
dude that was sick, lol
+1
Gold: 1.11
Apr 9 2009 03:42pm
Muhaha xD

Un Friggin' Believable
I just learned Enter Sandman xD
Gold: 0.00
Apr 11 2009 04:30pm
Now that you can play simple beats and metal kick, learn to play Bleed by Meshuggah.

This was not all that impressive, I suppose to people who just started it's good, but it's just basic beats with some fancy double kick patterns, that aren't hard to play, they just sound nice.

Bleed by Meshuggah has some of the most impossible double kick patterns I've ever heard. If you can play that I will truely be impressed.
Gold: 4.01
Apr 12 2009 03:16am
Quote (BeazyB @ Sat, Apr 11 2009, 10:30pm)
Now that you can play simple beats and metal kick, learn to play Bleed by Meshuggah.

This was not all that impressive, I suppose to people who just started it's good, but it's just basic beats with some fancy double kick patterns, that aren't hard to play, they just sound nice.

Bleed by Meshuggah has some of the most impossible double kick patterns I've ever heard. If you can play that I will truely be impressed.

from your comment i take it you can play what i did there without any problems at all, and can obviously play bleed by meshuggah with a bit of practice too - a song that took the drummer of meshuggah 8 month's to get the technique completely right. the actual drums in the recording is a drum machine. just thought you should know

thanks for your comment anyway, always nice to have a critic and i totally agree i'm only playing simple patterns there, its only a response to a different youtube video - didnt even try and get a perfect take... but still, you cant play it can you? :P

This post was edited by dysgenics on Apr 12 2009 03:19am
Gold: 7,065.69
Apr 12 2009 05:28am
Quote (dysgenics @ Sun, 12 Apr 2009, 10:16)
from your comment i take it you can play what i did there without any problems at all, and can obviously play bleed by meshuggah with a bit of practice too - a song that took the drummer of meshuggah 8 month's to get the technique completely right. the actual drums in the recording is a drum machine. just thought you should know

thanks for your comment anyway, always nice to have a critic and i totally agree i'm only playing simple patterns there, its only a response to a different youtube video - didnt even try and get a perfect take... but still, you cant play it can you? :P

owned! :)
Gold: 4.01
Apr 13 2009 01:46pm
i just thought about this, making his post completely redundant.. one of the hardest things you can do on double bass is fast-slow-fast transitions without screwing up. why the hell are you moaning at me about "simple patterns" yeah theyre simple on paper - but it took me a long time to get that down.

been practicing that meshuggah song, slow it down its actually simpler pattern and much easier to play than what i did there, what makes it hard is how long you have to do it for playing a whole song.

basicly all he's doing in that song is const 8th notes with the right foot - which is easy enough - and then basicly playing quarter notes on the upbeat with the left foot to give the triplets. i've actually done this alot as i liked the fast random triplets i got out of it...

the only hard thing about that song to me is WHEN he hits the left foot, as usual with meshuggah its completely and totally randomized... but if you had the whole thing on paper, after a small ammount of study you would have it done off by heart. im pretty sure its this particular pattern your talking about anyway, being the hardest one in the song...

it definately dosnt suprise me it took him 8 months to get it down (thats what the word is in the meshuggah forums anyway) because of how random it really is... took me a good year to get stuff like that good aswell.. although im not sure i have the memory of the meshuggah drummer, his memory of the songs is insanely good to be fair...

sorry if i sound like an arrogant asshole in this post - but you certainly sounded like that in yours so its justified :D

This post was edited by dysgenics on Apr 13 2009 01:48pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll