d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Buying An Acoustic
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Mar 18 2009 05:48pm
i'd go with martin over taylor. taylors seem to dry out and lose tone over the years whereas martins just keep getting better and better with age.
Gold: 1.04
Mar 18 2009 07:33pm
Quote (juliusjuice @ Wed, Mar 18 2009, 06:19pm)
yes ive played all of these brands. i seriously suggest getting a blueridge, as i was about to spend $1300 on a used collings and got a new guitar for under $700 with a nice hard case. i spent 2 years playing guitars before i was certain i wanted the blueridge BR-160. i also played a few seagulls i really liked for the money. also: if you can find one you should try playing a huss and dalton, though they are pricey. -a lot of people use their guitars to compare others.

Yea hey I looked up Blueridge guitars, I personally like the 163 the best -- it seems like blue ridges have a generally brighter sound for a more bluesy / country type music. I usually like the guitars with a deeper tone, but i can definitely see that blue ridge guitars are pretty damn good.

Huss & Daltons are really really nice too haha, but again, they have a brighter sound than I would prefer.
Gold: 19,597.59
Mar 21 2009 03:23pm
Quote (BovineDesi @ Wed, Mar 18 2009, 08:33pm)
Yea hey I looked up Blueridge guitars, I personally like the 163 the best -- it seems like blue ridges have a generally brighter sound for a more bluesy / country type music. I usually like the guitars with a deeper tone, but i can definitely see that blue ridge guitars are pretty damn good.

Huss & Daltons are really really nice too haha, but again, they have a brighter sound than I would prefer.

sounds like you are looking for a mahogany top guitar. the blueridge you looked at is a "000" model, i like the "Blueridge Contemporary and Historic Series Guitars" the best (i play bluegrass mostly but also rock, blues etc...). just make sure you get a guitar that is ALL SOLID WOODS AND NO LAMINATES!

if you do decide on a blueridge i was very pleased with ordering from http://www.janetdavismusic.com/ they set it up beautifully (these need setup after import from China).

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Mar 21 2009 03:24pm
Gold: 15.50
Mar 21 2009 07:44pm
I'd go with a takamine, these are my favorites acoustic guitars :D
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll