d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Hi, My Name Is Casey
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2.57
Feb 22 2009 10:18pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 03:47am)
So wait.. You dislike Blink 182 due to a lack of talent, and insult a Wilhelm Scream because they're to talented for punk.

So what do you listen to?

See these are the kind of kids I fucking despise. Pricks that think no talent bull shit is the best music out there just because it was "Original" or whatever. Bands that couldn't write a stand out riff if they tried. Bands that wouldn't have a fan basis if there weren't idiots like you.

Wow, I listen to metal.

I grew out of repetitive shit riffs all written in the same key or overused diminished scales.

I have more fun playing pop punk than I did metal.

Maybe its because I'm no longer trying to impress turds like you.

can you please explain to me all of thiss metal that is talentless / repetitive / shit? Cuz you keep referring to it, I am interested to what bands you are talking about. Even the shittiest metal bands are more creative than all of the Pop-Punk I've heard combined.

I am a huge fan of metal, and I don't like most DIY bands/albums. There are a few that are masterpieces though. like for example "In the Nightside Eclipse" by Emperor.

Gold: 408.00
Feb 22 2009 10:28pm
That's because Emperor is good lol.

www.myspace.com/thefullydown

Actually listen to it, and listen to the riffs. (skip the first song though, its old)

I never actually said I was a huge pop punk fan.

I guess I really like anything with stand out chops.

Bands that can go into time signatures that make you go "Huh??", a pop punk bands with guitarist that make Yngwie look like a n00b, or a Hardcore (real hardcore, not avenged sevenfold lmao) band that you have to see live to begin to explain the emotion in their set.

Not just gravity blasts and diminished runs backed by a bass player that's almost non existent and a vocalist that sounds like a dog barking.

This post was edited by Ludafish on Feb 22 2009 10:30pm
Gold: 15.00
Feb 22 2009 10:31pm
Emperor rules! tongue.gif

and so does nile and carcass and megadeth etc... shit i aint even gonna attempt to write down a list of all my favorite bands.

What do you play?
Gold: 408.00
Feb 22 2009 10:33pm
Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 11:31pm)
Emperor rules! tongue.gif

and so does nile and carcass and megadeth etc... shit i aint even gonna attempt to write down a list of all my favorite bands.

What do you play?

I play guitar, a bit of piano and have working on my drumming lately.

But all in all my passion is guitar.
Feb 22 2009 10:36pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:33am)
I play guitar, a bit of piano and have working on my drumming lately.

But all in all my passion is guitar.

man.... i wish i would have learned bass and piano earlier -.-

i have only been playing for like a year :\

damn i wish my rents would have forced me to do that shit when i was like 7 haha, and now i am 17 :[
Feb 22 2009 10:37pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:28am)
That's because Emperor is good lol.

http://www.myspace.com/thefullydown

Actually listen to it, and listen to the riffs. (skip the first song though, its old)

I never actually said I was a huge pop punk fan.

I guess I really like anything with stand out chops.

Bands that can go into time signatures that make you go "Huh??", a pop punk bands with guitarist that make Yngwie look like a n00b, or a Hardcore (real hardcore, not avenged sevenfold lmao) band that you have to see live to begin to explain the emotion in their set.

Not just gravity blasts and diminished runs back by a bass player that's almost non existent and a vocalist that sounds like a dog barking.

Well I now understand your argument a lot more, but Black Metal doesn't really mix well with technicality. It's supposed to be atmospheric, and cold. There's a lot going on in the songs usually, since they go for the wall-of-noise effect. Ever listen to Summoning? That is one DIY band that is just incredible.

I agree that these "kvlt" DIY black metal bands aren't the peak of music like the elitists say, infact I find most of them boring. but I'm not gonna hate on the music just because there's some elitists on the internet acting like douchebags.

Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:36am)
man.... i wish i would have learned bass and piano earlier -.-

i have only been playing for like a year :\

damn i wish my rents would have forced me to do that shit when i was like 7 haha, and now i am 17 :[

yeh I complained all the time about being forced to practice piano and go to lessons... my parents were fuckin nazis with that shit... but now I can't thank them enough, piano helps SOO much with guitar playing.

This post was edited by wh0racLe on Feb 22 2009 10:38pm
Feb 22 2009 10:40pm
think it is worth getting into this late in life haha... well not that late O.o
Gold: 19,597.59
Feb 22 2009 10:40pm
Quote (Ludafish @ Sun, Feb 22 2009, 10:47pm)
So wait.. You dislike Blink 182 due to a lack of talent, and insult a Wilhelm Scream because they're to talented for punk.

So what do you listen to?

See these are the kind of kids I fucking despise. Pricks that think no talent bull shit is the best music out therejust because it was "Original" or whatever. Bands that couldn't write a stand out riff if they tried. Bands that wouldn't have a fan basis if there weren't idiots like you.

Wow, I listen to metal.

I grew out of repetitive shit riffs all written in the same key or overused diminished scales.

I have more fun playing pop punk than I did metal.

Maybe its because I'm no longer trying to impress turds like you.

kid? i got 10 years on you. i never said i didnt like B-182 cos they are or arent talented or whatever you are trying to insunuate. i am saying fuck every single band who bastardized punk rock to make a buck. seeing as how you admittedly only like mainstream pop/punk garbage i assume you dont know much about the roots of the music. fortunately for both of us im in no mood to help you understand.

i listen to talentless crap? rly? i have played since before you were born and played in working bands for 6 years. i work as a luthier in a prestegious violin shop (we do electric instruments too if thats all you appreciate) and meet some of the very finest musicians (of all genres) that come through this musically diverse town.

as far as what i listen to i really dont think you would dig it until you broadened you horizons a bit. finally, shame on you for thinking your genre is the end all musical exreme righteous champion melody of god, douche.

This post was edited by juliusjuice on Feb 22 2009 10:44pm
Feb 22 2009 10:43pm
Quote (Bio_HaZerd @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:40am)
think it is worth getting into this late in life haha... well not that late O.o

yes, definitely. piano is easy to get into, its easy to start learning but hard to master. you'll learn faster than most kids do since... you already know 1 instrument, and you actually WANT to do it rather than being forced to.
Feb 22 2009 10:45pm
Quote (wh0racLe @ Mon, Feb 23 2009, 04:43am)
yes, definitely. piano is easy to get into, its easy to start learning but hard to master. you'll learn faster than most kids do since... you already know 1 instrument, and you actually WANT to do it rather than being forced to.

hmmm, how much do you think lessons would cost?

and i am seriously thinking about doing this.... did you learn just normal old classical stuff?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll