d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat >
Poll > Which Pick Ups For Guitar? > Yeah
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 9.00
Jun 30 2008 07:19pm
Quote (aokmaster15 @ Fri, Jun 20 2008, 10:17pm)
Really? From what everyone has told me the dimebucker is just like a duncan designed with a high and mid boost and a 100 something dollar price tag.

To the TS, i hope that you arent playing through a crappy amp. If you are, changing your pickups isnt going to do anything

The dimebucker also has a retardedly high number of winds around the magnet, gives it a lot more output, and fucking fantastic harmonics.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jul 3 2008 12:04am
I hate to say it, but most people here don't know what they're talking about. Seymour Duncans, Dimarzio, and Bill Lawrence are all far superior in tone to EMG's. EMG's active pickups do have higher output than most of those, excluding some, but the tone doesn't even compare.

I recently installed a SD Jazz/JB combo in my schecter. After a minor problem with the wiring, which turned out to be a major pain in the ass, I sorted it all out and they sound AMAZING.

Good luck with your pickups. If it turns out that they aren't what you were looking for, check out the Duncans. You won't be disappointed.
Gold: 9.00
Jul 3 2008 09:41pm
Quote (Jebsus @ Thu, Jul 3 2008, 01:04am)
I hate to say it, but most people here don't know what they're talking about. Seymour Duncans, Dimarzio, and Bill Lawrence are all far superior in tone to EMG's. EMG's active pickups do have higher output than most of those, excluding some, but the tone doesn't even compare.

I recently installed a SD Jazz/JB combo in my schecter. After a minor problem with the wiring, which turned out to be a major pain in the ass, I sorted it all out and they sound AMAZING.

Good luck with your pickups. If it turns out that they aren't what you were looking for, check out the Duncans. You won't be disappointed.

Finally, someone else who's fallen in love with the insta-harmonics on SD's. Ever notice than even on low gain and low volume, you can still make em squeal? Couldn't get that out of a Zakk Wylde signature lefty (though once you turned it up the thing was a beast). One thing I love about the SD's more than any other is the clarity. You hit a big fat classical chord, every note is crystal clear, even at high gain.
Gold: 3.00
Jul 8 2008 03:05am
Seymour duncan, all the way.

My schecter c-1 classic has them, and has amazing tone, clean, overdriven, and flat out metal distorted.

I also have a schecter c-1 hellraiser floyd rose, and it has emgs 81/85 I believe. Lemme put it this way, emgs sound like SHIT on the clean channel, and sound very generic once distorted. If you wanna sound like bands like shitclot, static-x, or anything nu-metal, buy emg's. If you want true rocking tone all the way, go w/ duncans.

My 2 cents as a 3 years guitar player.
Gold: 71.02
Jul 9 2008 12:55am
EMGs are tight if you want to sound like everyone else who thinks they can shred. go for seymour duncans. you get more models to chose from so you can add more character to your sound, but they've got some models that you can really rip it up with. my advice is to go to your local guitar shop and talk to someone there, they can probably answer your questions better than most people on here
Gold: 0.09
Jul 9 2008 05:12pm
duncan by what others have said
Gold: 0.00
Jul 9 2008 05:44pm
I love how people are talking shit about EMGs 81/85. These are the best metal pickups you can get aswell as SDs.

E/ And EMGs don't fit on just any guitar.

This post was edited by Darkshade on Jul 9 2008 05:45pm
Gold: 3.00
Jul 12 2008 02:29am
Quote (Darkshade @ Wed, Jul 9 2008, 03:44pm)
I love how people are talking shit about EMGs 81/85. These are the best metal pickups you can get aswell as SDs.

E/ And EMGs don't fit on just any guitar.

I love how you make a post on something you know nothing about, or have very very little taste and experience in.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll