d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My Band Is On Itunes Check It Out > Pop Punk W/ Breakdowns?
Prev1171819202125Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Feb 22 2010 07:13pm
Quote (Corsinoxcore @ Feb 22 2010 08:07pm)
You're kidding me right?
The Allman Brothers? You're using them as an example? A 70-80's band?

The producer who is currently doing pre-production with my band for our newest CD got the raws for Stairway to heaven.

He spent 4 days mixing it properly by new age standards, fixing all guitar tweeks, beat detecting the drums so they're actually 100% perfect and tuning the vocals 100%

it sounds 20x better.

Don't compare modern recording to that of the olden days.

Oh my, somebody who doesn't know the difference between recording and mixing.
I know, it's hard to compare old bands to modern bands, modern bands these days typically don't practice for sh*t so they need multiple takes. Those older bands practiced until their fingers bled.
Gold: 36,597.00
Feb 22 2010 07:14pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 09:13pm)
I know, it's hard to compare old bands to modern bands, modern bands these days typically don't practice for sh*t so they need multiple takes. Those older bands practiced until their fingers bled.

I obviously know the difference.
and that was not what I meant.
Gold: 18,204.00
Feb 22 2010 07:46pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 05:13pm)

no offense man i dont believe this at all,

these days artists are way more technical with their playing and practice wayy more. Plus learning music is 1000x easier now than it was before. there are no such things as single takes. that does not exist unless you do not know what you are doing. people dont just to more than one takes because of mistakes, they do it to get different sounds and different versions of the same song. Plus, you need to record more than 1 time for each part for dubbing.

in fact, i think players from the 60's - late 70's were the sloppiest. IE: jimmy page. Jimmy page was the sloppiest guitar player ever, but that was his style, and people dug that. Those were the times were they couldnt afford to do multiple takes and just let things fly. its just the style of the time.
Feb 22 2010 07:49pm
Quote (Blackarrowx @ Feb 22 2010 09:46pm)

these days artists are way more technical with their playing and practice wayy more. Plus learning music is 1000x easier now than it was before. there are no such things as single takes. that does not exist unless you do not know what you are doing. people dont just to more than one takes because of mistakes, they do it to get different sounds and different versions of the same song. Plus, you need to record more than 1 time for each part for dubbing.

in fact, i think players from the 60's - late 70's were the sloppiest. IE: jimmy page. Jimmy page was the sloppiest guitar player ever, but that was his style, and people dug that. Those were the times were they couldnt afford to do multiple takes and just let things fly. its just the style of the time.

Lol thankyou.

Someone who knows a thing or two about how things work in studios.
Feb 22 2010 07:57pm
Quote (Blackarrowx @ Feb 22 2010 08:46pm)

That's not true at all. First off, what makes you think modern music is more technical? Faster does not necessarily mean more technical. There are many musicians these days who can play fast but with terrible tone. Simply because music is getting faster does not mean it is more technical or more well-rounded. Some artists these days do practice their music and work on their technique constantly, but that doesn't change the fact that there are many popular bands out there that can't play worth crap >.< There is a difference between multiple takes due to mistakes and due to dubbing. This is a whole different issue. Taking a specific example that you consider sloppy from that era does not mean they were all sloppy. You cannot accurately say "players from the 60's - late 70's were the sloppiest", it simply does not apply to all of them.

Anyways, I was specifically referring to multiple takes due to mistakes, (I specifically said that in the original comment) dubs are obviously a different story that need multiple takes.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Feb 22 2010 07:58pm
Feb 22 2010 08:05pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 09:57pm)
That's not true at all. First off, what makes you think modern music is more technical? Faster does not necessarily mean more technical. There are many musicians these days who can play fast but with terrible tone. Simply because music is getting faster does not mean it is more technical or more well-rounded. Some artists these days do practice their music and work on their technique constantly, but that doesn't change the fact that there are many popular bands out there that can't play worth crap >.< There is a difference between multiple takes due to mistakes and due to dubbing. This is a whole different issue. Taking a specific example that you consider sloppy from that era does not mean they were all sloppy. You cannot accurately say "players from the 60's - late 70's were the sloppiest", it simply does not apply to all of them.

Anyways, I was specifically referring to multiple takes due to mistakes, (I specifically said that in the original comment) dubs are obviously a different story that need multiple takes.

Ugh it seems like you make stuff up.

I'm tired of arguing.
I'll just say you used "tone" in the wrong context.
Feb 22 2010 08:08pm
Quote (Corsinoxcore @ Feb 22 2010 09:05pm)
Ugh it seems like you make stuff up.

I'm tired of arguing.
I'll just say you used "tone" in the wrong context.

Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 07:18pm)
i guess emo slitters need entertainment too.

LOL, ARE YOU F*CKING SERIOUS? IN FLAMES WOULD NOT BE CAUGHT DEAD USING AUTOTUNE. Do you think that falsely claiming bands use autotune would make it a legitimate practice? Autotune is for people who can't sing... Is there an autotune for musicians so they can play well without practice? Oh yeah, I forgot... bands like yours take multiple takes in the studio because they aren't good enough to get it to sound right on the first take >.<

Here's my original post, that I totally made up huh.

I never used tone in the wrong context, what are you talking about?
Feb 22 2010 08:13pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 10:08pm)
Here's my original post, that I totally made up huh.

I never used tone in the wrong context, what are you talking about?

"There are many musicians these days who can play fast but with terrible tone"
Tone; you used it in the wrong context

bands like yours take multiple takes in the studio because they aren't good enough to get it to sound right on the first take >.<

How do you know how many takes my band takes?

This post was edited by Corsinoxcore on Feb 22 2010 08:13pm
Feb 22 2010 08:13pm
Quote (Corsinoxcore @ Feb 22 2010 09:13pm)
"There are many musicians these days who can play fast but with terrible tone"
Tone; you used it in the wrong context

bands like yours take multiple takes in the studio because they aren't good enough to get it to sound right on the first take >.<

How do you know how many takes my band takes?

That is a correct usage, do you even know what tone means?..

I don't know, it's called trash talking, but I like how you never denied the assertion that your band cannot get a good recording in a single take.
But regardless, the conversation has taken a turn to why a band would need multiple takes.

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Feb 22 2010 08:16pm
Feb 22 2010 08:14pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Feb 22 2010 10:13pm)
That is a correct usage, do you even know what tone means?..

lol this is sad.

Tone has nothing to do with the speed a musician plays
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1171819202125Next
Closed New Topic New Poll