d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My 3 Favourite Guitarists
Prev1151617181924Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 33.00
Jul 9 2010 09:13am
bob(Cs2) there's no "feeling" in this?

Gold: 365.03
Jul 9 2010 09:36am
Quote (chronowarp @ Jul 9 2010 03:38am)
Well that's because you have terrible taste in music.  You listen to metal, FFS.

Bwah, I wouldn't expect anything less from a harmonically retarded metalhead who can't understand anything that isn't a harmonic 5th or triad.  Also, your mindless assertion that blues has more "feeling" than Jazz is just a dead, retarded, inarguable position that musically inept guitarists make.  All music has feelings, that's a prerequisite.

Can't we just all reach a fucking middle ground? This is basically a "UR MUSIC IS SUXX CUZ I DONT LIKE IT" literary tennis match.

No style is better than the other. Metal, blues and jazz (and all the others) have their merits.

Let's just agree that it's some bands that just aren't good, not the kind of music they play.

And let's also agree that the only music that can be spat on is popular music.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 9 2010 11:45am
Quote (Nihlathak @ 9 Jul 2010 15:13)
bob(Cs2) there's no "feeling" in this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LFVWBmoiw

Ok, yes there's feeling but no I won't be listening to more than 13 seconds of it because I do not like lounge music which essentially is what this is.

I am not going to pick out a particular jazz guy and say he sux, he prolly doesn't! I frown upon the genre, not the people doing it.

And Dakilleux has a point. The topic has become a stupid one, but at the same time it's not easy to walk away from because everytime anyone replies, Chronowank is in like a shot telling whoever how wrong they are and how little they know because clearly, everyone other than Mr Chronicwank are 10 years old <_<
Gold: 221.20
Jul 9 2010 11:50am
Quote (Dakilleux @ Jul 9 2010 03:36pm)
Can't we just all reach a fucking middle ground? This is basically a "UR MUSIC IS SUXX CUZ I DONT LIKE IT" literary tennis match.

No style is better than the other. Metal, blues and jazz (and all the others) have their merits.

Let's just agree that it's some bands that just aren't good, not the kind of music they play.

And let's also agree that the only music that can be spat on is popular music.

I'm not even discounting metal, tbh. I don't like a lot of it, but I have an appreciation for a lot of it and like a decent amount myself. My problem is with the people that listen to metal. Also, I would never spit on popular music, it's often awesome.

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 9 2010 11:50am
Jul 9 2010 11:51am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 9 2010 05:45pm)
Ok, yes there's feeling but no I won't be listening to more than 13 seconds of it because I do not like lounge music which essentially is what this is.

I am not going to pick out a particular jazz guy and say he sux, he prolly doesn't! I frown upon the genre, not the people doing it.

And Dakilleux has a point. The topic has become a stupid one, but at the same time it's not easy to walk away from because everytime anyone replies, Chronowank is in like a shot telling whoever how wrong they are and how little they know because clearly, everyone other than Mr Chronicwank are 10 years old <_<

You're the biggest trip ever. You have absolutely no problem admitting that you're willingly ignorant and intolerant. Typical metalhead.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 9 2010 12:10pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jul 9 2010 01:50pm)
I'm not even discounting metal, tbh.  I don't like a lot of it, but I have an appreciation for a lot of it and like a decent amount myself.  My problem is with the people that listen to metal.  Also, I would never spit on popular music, it's often awesome.

What popular music do you find "awesome"?
Jul 9 2010 12:21pm
Quote (AngryBes @ Jul 9 2010 06:10pm)

There's tons of good stuff out there. The attraction of pop music is the familiarity with the form, and the good hooks. There is shit, like there is in any genre or scene, but there's plenty of good stuff. Lady Gaga is the first that comes to mind.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 9 2010 12:24pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jul 9 2010 01:37am)
But why would I?

So you enjoy being a douche

okay

haven't heard of someone who liked be disliked but whatever that's cool

Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 9 2010 02:30am)
No i'm not trolling and yes I am being serious. No, I don't study music, and No I couldn't tell you the jazz modes or whatever. But what I do have is a keen ear for good music, and Jazz has produced nothing but vaginal discharge for my ears.

I have never, not once heard a Jazz song and thought "You know what, this is awesome".
No, won't happen, end of.

I couldn't give a shit if you guys listen to Jazz, good for you! But I even disregard SRV's Swang jazz song because it's shit. The first 6 beats and straight off the mark, you hear that annoying Jazz sound with the stupid chords, the annoying and tuneless random noise that most instruments produce during it.

Blues > Jazz. Thats it - no questions. Feeling will ALWAYS be superior to random jazznoise.

Flame away - you can all get as angry as you like over this, but I would happily burn a jazz album in exchange for a blues album which is ofcourse, real music.

Your problem is you're too objective. It's entirely plausible that you don't like a genre as a whole. That doesn't discredit it, and your "logical" reasoning behind discrediting jazz was just a bunch of misconceptions. Take me for example: I think SRV is tasteless, generic blues wankery and what he did to Little Wing is unforgivable, but you disagree, don't you?

This post was edited by Derkaderk on Jul 9 2010 12:28pm
Jul 9 2010 12:25pm
Quote (Derkaderk @ Jul 9 2010 06:24pm)
So you enjoy being a douche

okay

haven't heard of someone who liked be disliked but whatever that's cool

Doesn't bother me much when it's generally a community of fucktard metalheads. I can live.
Gold: 33.00
Jul 9 2010 12:25pm
Quote (AngryBes @ Jul 9 2010 01:10pm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ringo_Shiina

She's considered pop, oddly enough.
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1151617181924Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll