d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My 3 Favourite Guitarists
Prev1141516171824Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 221.20
Jul 9 2010 01:37am
Quote (Derkaderk @ Jul 9 2010 04:49am)
You can see immature, knee jerk behavior and brush it off without being a douche.

But why would I?
Jul 9 2010 01:41am
Quote (Nihlathak @ Jul 9 2010 07:04am)
Are you serious, or are you trolling? I can't tell. There are different sub-genres of jazz, and different styles. Go listen to Bill Evans, and tell me there's no "melody" in his songs.

He's just telling the truth dude. There's clearly no melody in this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnxeKl-Kbqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQYXn1DP38s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkk2mMq2x8E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWa6aChSf1w
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 9 2010 02:30am
Quote (Nihlathak @ 9 Jul 2010 07:04)
Are you serious, or are you trolling? I can't tell. There are different sub-genres of jazz, and different styles. Go listen to Bill Evans, and tell me there's no "melody" in his songs.

No i'm not trolling and yes I am being serious. No, I don't study music, and No I couldn't tell you the jazz modes or whatever. But what I do have is a keen ear for good music, and Jazz has produced nothing but vaginal discharge for my ears.

I have never, not once heard a Jazz song and thought "You know what, this is awesome".
No, won't happen, end of.

I couldn't give a shit if you guys listen to Jazz, good for you! But I even disregard SRV's Swang jazz song because it's shit. The first 6 beats and straight off the mark, you hear that annoying Jazz sound with the stupid chords, the annoying and tuneless random noise that most instruments produce during it.

Blues > Jazz. Thats it - no questions. Feeling will ALWAYS be superior to random jazznoise.

Flame away - you can all get as angry as you like over this, but I would happily burn a jazz album in exchange for a blues album which is ofcourse, real music.
Jul 9 2010 02:38am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 9 2010 08:30am)
No i'm not trolling and yes I am being serious. No, I don't study music, and No I couldn't tell you the jazz modes or whatever. But what I do have is a keen ear for good music, and Jazz has produced nothing but vaginal discharge for my ears.

I have never, not once heard a Jazz song and thought "You know what, this is awesome".

I couldn't give a shit if you guys listen to Jazz, good for you! But I even disregard SRV's Swang jazz song because it's shit. The first 6 beats and straight off the mark, you hear that annoying Jazz sound with the stupid chords, the annoying and tuneless random noise that most instruments produce during it.

Blues > Jazz. Thats it - no questions. Feeling will ALWAYS be superior to random jazznoise.

Flame away - you can all get as angry as you like over this, but I would happily burn a jazz album in exchange for a blues album which is ofcourse, real music.

Well that's because you have terrible taste in music. You listen to metal, FFS.

Bwah, I wouldn't expect anything less from a harmonically retarded metalhead who can't understand anything that isn't a harmonic 5th or triad. Also, your mindless assertion that blues has more "feeling" than Jazz is just a dead, retarded, inarguable position that musically inept guitarists make. All music has feelings, that's a prerequisite.

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 9 2010 02:42am
Jul 9 2010 03:03am
Quote (chronowarp @ 9 Jul 2010 08:38)
Well that's because you have terrible taste in music. You listen to metal, FFS.

Bwah, I wouldn't expect anything less from a harmonically retarded metalhead who can't understand anything that isn't a harmonic 5th or triad. Also, your mindless assertion that blues has more "feeling" than Jazz is just a dead, retarded, inarguable position that musically inept guitarists make. All music has feelings, that's a prerequisite.

Yeah, loads feeling in Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up <_< Idiot
Jul 9 2010 03:09am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 9 2010 09:03am)
Yeah, loads feeling in Rick Astley  - Never Gonna Give You Up <_< Idiot

Yes, quite a bit actually. It's pretty clear you have a very limited and shit-centric concept of music and what it is and isn't...and that's alright. Keep listening to shitty metal, son.

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 9 2010 03:09am
Jul 9 2010 03:54am
Quote (chronowarp @ 9 Jul 2010 09:09)
Yes, quite a bit actually. It's pretty clear you have a very limited and shit-centric concept of music and what it is and isn't...and that's alright. Keep listening to shitty metal, son.

Firstly, don't act the bad man because I am 100% sure you are a bullied unloved cunt.
Secondly, you don't listen to metal so I don't expect you to understand anything more than "it's all rar rar screaming death and violence" so don't try lecturing on metal because you don't understand it.
Thridly, LOL@U for saying Rick Astley = Musical Feeling.

Quit trolling for arguements - which is what you are doing - so take your shitty 10% warn and take your disrespectful ass somewhere else.
Gold: 2.00
Jul 9 2010 04:29am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ 9 Jul 2010 19:30)

It's a shame we don't live in a world where music is a subjective thing, people might get upset over your statement.
Jul 9 2010 04:58am
Quote (UnleashTheFire @ 9 Jul 2010 10:29)
It's a shame we don't live in a world where music is a subjective thing, people might get upset over your statement.

I agree, but I have always felt this way about Jazz. I despise rap and hibbidy hop and the synth'd crap thats around, but Jazz I have always had a passionate hatred for. Could be because I don't understand it, this is plausible. But i've heard lots of Jazz and my ears bleed all the time.

I love Stevie Ray Vaughan, but as far as i'm concerned the only song that I hate (not dislike, hate) by him is Stangs Swang which is a jazz song. I can listen to all of 6 beats before I hear that tuneless jamming starting, then I have to skip it.

I have a deep appreciation of blues, and much props to those who can play jazz, but don't ever try and impress me with it because it will never work. The closest to impressed I have ever been is Les Paul - but that also comes from my appreciation of Musical Theatre, not jazz.
Gold: 44.25
Jul 9 2010 07:24am
I like all music except country and gospel and shitty rap. Someone start an argument with me?

/I also dislike pop
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1141516171824Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll