d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My 3 Favourite Guitarists
Prev1121314151624Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 6,669.61
Jul 5 2010 02:03pm
David Gilmour, Mark Knopfler & Jeff Beck
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2010 05:42pm
You guys are too blinded by an objective point of view. The fact of the matter is you either enjoy it or you don't, and if objectifying music is the only way you can enjoy it, then I feel sorry for you.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 6 2010 01:59am
Quote (Nihlathak @ 5 Jul 2010 19:16)
That's pretty ironic stuff bro. You see jazz as a waste of time and you're an elitist? Jazz is pretty skill-intensive shit, why would elitists dismiss that genre?

I'm an elitist with my opinions, and i'm elitist with my heavy metal. Some of it is wrong, some of it is fuckin awesome.
However, as far as Jazz goes I do not see ANYTHING appealing about Jazz as i love melody and Jazz has none. You can try and argue that Jazz involves melody, but it just doesn't. It's too freestyle and doesn't have enough for me to be impressed by it. I like songs, I like the way songs are built. I like the order of things i.e. intro, verse, chorus, bridge etc etc etc.

I don't really see the irony in hating Jazz. If anything, you either love blues or Jazz but rarely both as both conflict massively.
Jul 6 2010 03:35am
Lol, Chronowarp is one of the "MAINSTREAM BAD." type.

Mainstream is mainstream..because..guess why...

PEOPLE FUCKING LIKE IT..

HURRRRDURRRRRR
Gold: 44.25
Jul 6 2010 06:36am
Quote (Hogbone @ Jul 6 2010 04:35am)

PEOPLE FUCKING LIKE IT..

HURRRRDURRRRRR

Actually it's mainstream because it's marketed to be mainstream. How is anyone going to know what "good" music is if it's never presented or marketed properly?

/Also, jews.
Gold: 221.20
Jul 6 2010 11:48am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 6 2010 07:59am)
I'm an elitist with my opinions, and i'm elitist with my heavy metal. Some of it is wrong, some of it is fuckin awesome.
However, as far as Jazz goes I do not see ANYTHING appealing about Jazz as i love melody and Jazz has none. You can try and argue that Jazz involves melody, but it just doesn't. It's too freestyle and doesn't have enough for me to be impressed by it. I like songs, I like the way songs are built. I like the order of things i.e. intro, verse, chorus, bridge etc etc etc.

I don't really see the irony in hating Jazz. If anything, you either love blues or Jazz but rarely both as both conflict massively.

Bwahaha. Oh man. The entire construct of Jazz is based on melodic, pop standards that were reharmonized and integrated into the Jazz vocabulary. Fuck, you listen to METAL and are claiming that Jazz has no melodic foundation - you define ignorant. Metal is pretty much harmonically and melodically absent, the former moreso than the latter, but nonetheless the only intriguing thing about it (if you even want to claim there is anything intriguing about it) is rhythm, and that's about it - and it's still far less rhythmically complex than a lot of Jazz.

Also, Jazz & Blues are intertwined to such a degree that you really would have to be musically flaccid to hate one and love the other. All Jazz is blues in some way, brah.

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 6 2010 11:51am
Jul 6 2010 11:49am
Quote (Hogbone @ Jul 6 2010 09:35am)

PEOPLE FUCKING LIKE IT..

HURRRRDURRRRRR

Are you saying I don't like mainstream music? I love it. Unfortunately, esoteric guitar wankers aren't really mainstream at all.
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 8 2010 02:15am
Quote (chronowarp @ 6 Jul 2010 17:48)
Bwahaha. Oh man. The entire construct of Jazz is based on melodic, pop standards that were reharmonized and integrated into the Jazz vocabulary. Fuck, you listen to METAL and are claiming that Jazz has no melodic foundation - you define ignorant. Metal is pretty much harmonically and melodically absent, the former moreso than the latter, but nonetheless the only intriguing thing about it (if you even want to claim there is anything intriguing about it) is rhythm, and that's about it - and it's still far less rhythmically complex than a lot of Jazz.

Also, Jazz & Blues are intertwined to such a degree that you really would have to be musically flaccid to hate one and love the other. All Jazz is blues in some way, brah.

No, blues has melody and Jazz has none. Metal has melody, Jazz still has none.

I don't know where you are finding melody in jazz, unless you are making it up which you probably are.
Jul 8 2010 06:24am
Quote (chronowarp @ Jul 6 2010 09:49am)
Are you saying I don't like mainstream music? I love it. Unfortunately, esoteric guitar wankers aren't really mainstream at all.

Go listen to Justin Bieber and gtfo Musician's Chat. You're obviously not a musician. This forum isn't for discussing favorites anyway. That would be "Favorite Songs and Bands chatter".
Jul 8 2010 11:47am
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 8 2010 08:15am)
No, blues has melody and Jazz has none. Metal has melody, Jazz still has none.

I don't know where you are finding melody in jazz, unless you are making it up which you probably are.

???

Either you're really, really stupid or this is a blatant, terrible troll. Do you know what a lead sheet is? Do you know what a fakebook is? Can you please tell me what fakebooks are full of, if not melodies? LOL. Please. Tell me that the 1000's of jazz standards that anyone can sing are not "melodies".

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 8 2010 11:48am
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1121314151624Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll