d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Made Up A New Quote
Prev1121314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1.00
Jul 3 2009 05:00pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 05:34pm)
I don't think he was trying to call you the devil. What I think he meant is the devil is trying to stray his beliefs through all of these arguements.

I understand he maybe did not mean it. But that's exactly what he said, "right now your the devil trying to get me to abandon my God". People need to think before they speak, or be held accountable for it when they say stupid things. I was deeply offended when he called me this, not because I believe in the Devil, but because I consider it an excessively hateful word coming from a believer. And to make it clear, my primary goal in arguing is not to make him doubt his faith. All I'm doing is arguing and telling facts and truth. If that happens to conflict with his religious beliefs I can't help it. I'm not going to stop telling truths simply because they may or may not completely disprove somebody's faith.
Quote (weasleface @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 05:56pm)
you have to choose in life
to be of God or of the Devil

not choosing is choosing the devil's side
and your not satan's demon
satan may just be using u to tempt us

We don't choose anything...
God has predetermined everybody's life, we do not have the ability to choose our path.
Religion-fail...

This post was edited by PSPZorZ on Jul 3 2009 05:07pm
Gold: 0.00
Jul 3 2009 05:17pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 07:00pm)
I understand he maybe did not mean it. But that's exactly what he said, "right now your the devil trying to get me to abandon my God". People need to think before they speak, or be held accountable for it when they say stupid things. I was deeply offended when he called me this, not because I believe in the Devil, but because I consider it an excessively hateful word coming from a believer. And to make it clear, my primary goal in arguing is not to make him doubt his faith. All I'm doing is arguing and telling facts and truth. If that happens to conflict with his religious beliefs I can't help it. I'm not going to stop telling truths simply because they may or may not completely disprove somebody's faith.

God has predetermined everybody's life, we do not have the ability to choose our path.
Religion-fail...

yes God does control our life
but we are able to choose our own destiny
i believe there are 2 destinys waiting
good and bad

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 3 2009 05:17pm
Gold: 1.04
Jul 3 2009 05:36pm
...wow, at this point I thought people would have realized that ONE CANNOT ARGUE RELIGION.

How are you going to tell someone who truly believes God exists, that he doesn't. He / She doesn't base their beliefs on proof (obvious much?), therefore he / she has set in their mind that God exists no matter what. There is absolutely no way to convince someone otherwise -- deal with it. And vice versa, you cannot get an atheist to believe that God does exist -- because there is no proof of God for them, everything is science, logic, etc...

it just doesn't work guys... not at all

btw weasle, instead of saying "oh you quoted yourself, why don't you respond to what I said? I want to hear your reasoning.
Gold: 1.00
Jul 3 2009 06:14pm
Quote (weasleface @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 07:17pm)
yes God does control our life
but we are able to choose our own destiny
i believe there are 2 destinys waiting
good and bad

You obviously don't know what you're own religion says.
That's completely false.
It doesn't matter what you believe, it matters what God said. You can't just say that you have free will because you "believe there are 2 destinys waiting", that conflicts with what the Bible says.
Quote (BovineDesi @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 07:36pm)
...wow, at this point I thought people would have realized that ONE CANNOT ARGUE RELIGION.

How are you going to tell someone who truly believes God exists, that he doesn't. He / She doesn't base their beliefs on proof (obvious much?), therefore he / she has set in their mind that God exists no matter what. There is absolutely no way to convince someone otherwise -- deal with it. And vice versa, you cannot get an atheist to believe that God does exist -- because there is no proof of God for them, everything is science, logic, etc...

btw weasle, instead of saying "oh you quoted yourself, why don't you respond to what I said? I want to hear your reasoning.

Bovine I have convinced plenty of Christians, you just need to convince them to think logically. There are varying degrees of religious zealots, some are more brainwashed than others.
Having said that, I already said in my last post MY PRIMARY GOAL IS NOT TO DISPROVE HIS RELIGION, BUT TO TELL HIM FACTS AND IF THOSE FACTS CONFLICT WITH HIS RELIGION THAT'S HIS PROBLEM! Likewise I know a guy who was once a devout Atheist. But he fell into the wrong crowd, started smoking pot and stopped studying (and thinking for himself). He's now a Christian.
Jul 3 2009 06:47pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 06:00pm)

Religion-fail...

We have the ability to choose, but you are right, God already knows what we are going to do, and he has predestined it. It's a VERY confusing and touchy subject among Christian's. I know I may have sounded like I just contradicted myself, and you know what, I probably did. But this is still even very confusing to me. The way I look at it is that God has predestined who will be saved, and who won't. I can't give you the reference, but there is a verse that says some will be used for good, some for evil. Meaning He has already elected who will be saved, and He will still use some people who were not. I know it sounds unfair, but we have to realize that God didn't have to save anyone at all. When it comes to living our life, God predesinted what we are going to do based on "what He knew we would choose to do". So in a sense we do have free will, and in another we don't. I too, get confused. One more thing is yeah some of this may sound like gibberish. But when I make a statment remember that I am a Christian and I believe that the Bible is the 100% true word of God. (I don't really see the point of arguing that anymore because it's kind of pointless)
Jul 3 2009 07:04pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 08:47pm)
We have the ability to choose, but you are right, God already knows what we are going to do, and he has predestined it. It's a VERY confusing and touchy subject among Christian's. I know I may have sounded like I just contradicted myself, and you know what, I probably did. But this is still even very confusing to me. The way I look at it is that God has predestined who will be saved, and who won't. I can't give you the reference, but there is a verse that says some will be used for good, some for evil. Meaning He has already elected who will be saved, and He will still use some people who were not. I know it sounds unfair, but we have to realize that God didn't have to save anyone at all. When it comes to living our life, God predesinted what we are going to do based on "what He knew we would choose to do". So in a sense we do have free will, and in another we don't. I too, get confused. One more thing is yeah some of this may sound like gibberish. But when I make a statment remember that I am a Christian and I believe that the Bible is the 100% true word of God. (I don't really see the point of arguing that anymore because it's kind of pointless)

ya i knew that
and it has always confused me also
iv always wondered
no if God controls which side your on
that means he controls your destiny
but i can choose my own destiny also

its kinda weird
kinda like only God would know how it works

Quote (BovineDesi @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 07:36pm)

my reasoning for what?
for this quote?
i dont understand

This post was edited by weasleface on Jul 3 2009 07:06pm
Jul 3 2009 07:16pm
Quote (weasleface @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 08:04pm)
ya i knew that
and it has always confused me also
iv always wondered
no if God controls which side your on
that means he controls your destiny
but i can choose my own destiny also

its kinda weird
kinda like only God would know how it works

my reasoning for what?
for this quote?
i dont understand

Well, technically you cannot choose your own destiny, i know it seems like you can, but if you read and really think about it...it's God's plan.
"Arminianism is a branch of Christianity, and they believe you can, but i've debated with many of them and they just seem to get angry really fast.
Jul 3 2009 07:20pm
Quote (x]FoRsaKeN[x @ Fri, Jul 3 2009, 09:16pm)
Well, technically you cannot choose your own destiny, i know it seems like you can, but if you read and really think about it...it's God's plan.
"Arminianism is a branch of Christianity, and they believe you can, but i've debated with many of them and they just seem to get angry really fast.

ya well im glad im destined for righteousness
Retired Moderator
Trader: Trusted
Jul 3 2009 08:07pm
Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:35am)
Are you so dense? There are thousands of things which have been proven wrong in the Bible. One example is that of Acts 5... Luke writes of the Pharisee Gamaliel's speech (vv. 34-39). This speech would have taken place around AD 35-40, yet it refers to Theudas' revolt of AD 46-47 as a past event. Furthermore, Gamaliel is made to say that "Judas the Galilean" raised a revolt which followed that of Theudas - but Judas' revolt was in AD 6 or 7! We know these dates from Josephus, most notably, as well as from other records. There are more, I really can't be bothered to retrieve the thousands of cases.

There is plenty of proof that science in correct, we do not make assertions without proof. You do.

Ever thought there could be another Theudas? Maybe one not written about by Josephus?

There were many insurgent leaders who arose in Palestine when Herod the Great died in 4 B.C., and Theudas may have been one of them (F.F. Bruce, p. 125)

Theudas was a VERY popular name then, so that name could of easily been the leader of this group.

Here is what another historian has to say -

Brother H. Leo Boles observed, "The times were full of revolts and rebellions, and as not less than three insurrectionary leaders were called Judas, and four Simon, there may have been two of the name of Theudas"

So you see.. It could have been a different Theudas.. which would explain everything ;)

Quote (PSPZorZ @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 12:39am)
Then you don't know wtf the Bible for 1500 years ago says.
I'll be inclinded to ask you the author and the publication of the Bible you came across, as one dating that old would be worth a minimum of 13 grand and would be in no condition to read.
Furthermore, your statement is simply a lie because you cannot win the argument, you decide to make up things.

He is referring to the dead sea scrolls most likely. Which were translated.. and were found 100% accurate with today's bible with the exception of some punctuation errors.
Jul 3 2009 08:29pm
Quote (weasleface @ Thu, Jul 2 2009, 08:23pm)
an opinion expressed because of your hatred of religion

worst way to debate

Wasn't debating, was expressing my opinion. :)

If you want to debate, I could crush you like a vile insect, but I hate this subject so I'd get crushed :(
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1121314151617Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll