d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > My 3 Favourite Guitarists
Prev1111213141524Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 221.20
Jul 4 2010 08:55pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Jul 5 2010 02:33am)
:S Sorry for you kid.

Are you like...convinced that everyone else can't see the real quote?
Gold: 0.00
Jul 4 2010 09:22pm
Quote (chronowarp @ Jul 4 2010 10:55pm)
Are you like...realizing that I'm raging like a bitch?

Yes, I do realize you're raging.

I find it quite funny.
Jul 4 2010 09:23pm
Quote (Darkshade @ Jul 5 2010 03:22am)
Yes, I do realize you're raging.

I find it quite funny.

Lol. Raging so hard, dude. I'm going to go delete my d2 accounts and throw my computer out the window. You got me, you slick little bastard.
Gold: 0.00
Jul 5 2010 12:02am
Quote (chronowarp @ Jul 4 2010 04:44pm)
I am a music major, but I'm not sure how that helps your argument.  I don't necessarily represent a majority, or represent anything at all, I'm a single person.  I can tell you from my personal experience with musicians and music school is that most programs are Classical, most students only learn Classical theory, and develop a Classical-centric repertoire and musical train of thought.  Most Classical musicians can't get into Jazz or play it for the life of them because it requires them to make executive musical decisions and lightning quick judgements on the fly rather than learning an extremely detailed piece top to bottom, and striving to express it in the way the composer intended.

So, most music majors are Classical musicians.  Most of them can't play Jazz & don't really understand it, so I'm not sure how you can say that most music majors are elitists, and they like Jazz.  I know, from my experience, that most music majors aren't elitists, and many of them do not really like Jazz.

Well I read a sentence of this, but you clearly didn't get what I said, so I'll re explain it.

You need to understand the line of succession.

I did NOT say music majors are elitists and they like jazz.

Music majors are not the group of people I am referencing. The group of people I am referencing are the music elitists (IE you) who tend to be music majors (which you are) and apparently (apparently here having the meaning of from what I've observed) enjoy Jazz (which surprise surprise you do).

You need to understand that music majors describes the music elitists not the other way around.

Do you understand now? Or perhaps you understood in the first place, and realized you couldn't legitimately argue with me, so you resorted to using logical fallacies.

Ready set counter-argument!

This post was edited by Derkaderk on Jul 5 2010 12:03am
Jul 5 2010 12:32am
Quote (Derkaderk @ Jul 5 2010 06:02am)
Well I read a sentence of this, but you clearly didn't get what I said, so I'll re explain it.

You need to understand the line of succession.

I did NOT say music majors are elitists and they like jazz.

Music majors are not the group of people I am referencing. The group of people I am referencing are the music elitists (IE you) who tend to be music majors (which you are) and apparently (apparently here having the meaning of from what I've observed) enjoy Jazz (which surprise surprise you do).

You need to understand that music majors describes the music elitists not the other way around.

Do you understand now? Or perhaps you understood in the first place, and realized you couldn't legitimately argue with me, so you resorted to using logical fallacies.

Ready set counter-argument!

LOL, no logical fallacies here bro, but at least you take the time to clarify yourself so we can actually have a discussion. I am still disagreeing with what you've outlined above. Most music elitists are non musicians, oddly enough - and very few of them like Jazz. Unfortunately, when you shift the argument in this direction it just becomes an issue of anecdotal experience and no one can move from anywhere, because it's highly unreliable.

In short, I disagree, and my experiences are the exact opposite.

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 5 2010 12:33am
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 5 2010 02:56am
Quote (chronowarp @ 4 Jul 2010 22:30)
HAHAHAH

Comparing Les Paul to Joe Pass, oh fucking christ. I can't even take you seriously.

lol?! You have some serious issues - You challenge the skill of Les Paul? Clearly, your JP worshipped Les Paul. He created more sounds than you could name, and did more interesting stuff with the guitar than ANY player after him.

You are a tool - you fail to accept new music or guitarists that don't fit into your criteria of music, which doesn't make fucking sense as Les Paul was one of the most talented Jazz musicians on the planet. His music with Mary Ford revolutionised the music industry as he INVENTED multi tracking, INVENTED layering of music.

Just stop posting here - you have proven yourself to be nothing short of childish and stupid.

Yes, STUPID. Anyone who does not have the respect for Les Paul is not worth my time, and you have proven yourself to be unworthy of attention. Go troll elsewhere because no-one here respects your bogus views.

This post was edited by bob(Cs2) on Jul 5 2010 03:25am
Jul 5 2010 12:22pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 5 2010 08:56am)
lol?! You have some serious issues - You challenge the skill of Les Paul? Clearly, your JP worshipped Les Paul. He created more sounds than you could name, and did more interesting stuff with the guitar than ANY player after him.

You are a tool - you fail to accept new music or guitarists that don't fit into your criteria of music, which doesn't make fucking sense as Les Paul was one of the most talented Jazz musicians on the planet. His music with Mary Ford revolutionised the music industry as he INVENTED multi tracking, INVENTED layering of music.

Just stop posting here - you have proven yourself to be nothing short of childish and stupid.

Yes, STUPID. Anyone who does not have the respect for Les Paul is not worth my time, and you have proven yourself to be unworthy of attention. Go troll elsewhere because no-one here respects your bogus views.

LP was an innovator in the guitar, not in music or guitar playing...nothing special there. Les Paul can't play anything outside of 1950's pop Jazz, he has no bop chops whatsoever...has absolutely little skill as a Jazz guitarist.

What kind of flippant dipshit would even attempt to argue that innovating instrument construction and recording devices has any impact on MUSIC or is a demonstration of GUITAR PLAYING? Shit, you're thick bro.

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 5 2010 12:30pm
Gold: 4,807.80
Jul 5 2010 12:45pm
Quote (chronowarp @ 5 Jul 2010 18:22)
LP was an innovator in the guitar, not in music or guitar playing...nothing special there.  Les Paul can't play anything outside of 1950's pop Jazz, he has no bop chops whatsoever...has absolutely little skill as a Jazz guitarist.

What kind of flippant dipshit would even attempt to argue that innovating instrument construction and recording devices has any impact on MUSIC or is a demonstration of GUITAR PLAYING?  Shit, you're thick bro.

Have you ever even listened to his stuff with Mary Ford? Have you actually listened to more than 10 songs of his playing? Have you seen the documentary on him? I despise Jazz and have done for my entire life. But even I was impressed by what I was seeing and hearing.

I'm into heavy metal and blues, i see Jazz as a waste of fuckin time and seriously hate it. But even with my elitist view I had to hand massive credit to him.

Go and watch, if you actually do you will calm your ass down. Not everything is a total war
Jul 5 2010 01:13pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 5 2010 06:45pm)
Have you ever even listened to his stuff with Mary Ford? Have you actually listened to more than 10 songs of his playing? Have you seen the documentary on him? I despise Jazz and have done for my entire life. But even I was impressed by what I was seeing and hearing.

I'm into heavy metal and blues, i see Jazz as a waste of fuckin time and seriously hate it. But even with my elitist view I had to hand massive credit to him.

Go and watch, if you actually do you will calm your ass down. Not everything is a total war

Heh. If you like Les Paul's "Jazz", then you're just in the boat of people who like really crummy, mainstream Jazz from the 40's-50's...I mean that's your thing, but it isn't really Jazz in its entirety, or Jazz in even a pure sense.

Find me LP playing some Bop like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kotK9FNEYU
then we can talk about his "Jazz".

This post was edited by chronowarp on Jul 5 2010 01:13pm
Gold: 33.00
Jul 5 2010 01:16pm
Quote (bob(Cs2) @ Jul 5 2010 01:45pm)

That's pretty ironic stuff bro. You see jazz as a waste of time and you're an elitist? Jazz is pretty skill-intensive shit, why would elitists dismiss that genre?
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev1111213141524Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll