d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Buying A Guitar
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 5,347.00
Oct 20 2015 09:14pm
Quote (chevys10 @ Sep 29 2015 07:24pm)
When your just starting out don't buy anything over 100$ guitar wise because you want to make sure you will be into it. If you find you like it upgrade to a better guitar. A very nice guitar for beginners is the Epiphone Les Paul Junior model.

I completely disagree with this and I think it's really bad advice...
Here's why: If you buy a total piece of shit it's going to sound like shit, it's going to feel like shit, and it's going to make you feel like shit and feel like you'll never get better. It's not fun to play horrible guitars and it's definitely not fun to learn how to play on a horrible guitar.

ozzyarmy is pretty much spot on for guitar suggestions. It really comes down to preference of what kind of guitar you like/what kind of music you want to play. All of his suggestions are good. Mexican Fenders and Epiphone Les Pauls are probably the most popular guitars in your price range.

As far as an amp goes, it's probably your best bet to just buy a modeling amplifier. Something like a Fender Mustang, Peavey Vypyr, Line 6 Spider.. you can get one of these from $100.00 - $300.00. In any case of which you decide to go with, I would go with the middle tier. A lot of musicians will make fun of these amplifiers but just remember that you are a beginner. Honestly, you shouldn't be playing around with tube amps, and if you're going to play a solid state amplifier you may as well get something like this that gives you a lot of options to play around with so that you can learn how to play guitar instead of worrying about pedals and all of those other confusing things you can move on to later.

Good luck! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

:thumbsup:

This post was edited by Greeley on Oct 20 2015 09:15pm
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll