d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Musicians Chat > Ableton Discussion & Help
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 203.50
Jan 29 2014 11:51am
Gold: 154.00
Jan 30 2014 01:34am
Quote (carmelhockey @ Jan 29 2014 06:01am)
I'll post em in a bit when work dies down and I have time to look around. Once we get into specifics I'll be able to help a bit more. Oh, and thanks for the kind words on my songs lol.

Yea man whenever you can, that'd be great!! I definitely like the tutorial I said in my last one. Just cause it's so simple. Obviously, starting out with any program like this it can be overwhelming with all the stuff you can do, but once I get a hang of it, I'd love any tips and tricks you got!!

And no problem. I really do enjoy the rhythm and actually style of the songs! Would love to make something like that
Jan 30 2014 06:44am
Quote (PwnZone @ Jan 30 2014 02:34am)
Yea man whenever you can, that'd be great!! I definitely like the tutorial I said in my last one. Just cause it's so simple. Obviously, starting out with any program like this it can be overwhelming with all the stuff you can do, but once I get a hang of it, I'd love any tips and tricks you got!!

And no problem. I really do enjoy the rhythm and actually style of the songs! Would love to make something like that

Check out the tuts I posted above, it ranges from the basics to more complicated things like automation, etc. The guy does 11 episodes. It's worth going through them slowly. Starting out, you don't want to just jump into things and prematurely release your work because you will be extremely upset later down the road. Take your time and make sure you develop your skill and your own sound. If you're doing this for the right reasons, then that shouldn't be a problem. A lot of people start doing this because they want to be the next big act rather than just doing what they love. Embrace it and learn.
Jan 30 2014 11:48pm
Definitely. Like I said it's all just to do something fun! No more sports for me so filling my time with something I really enjoy always works! And yea I've been going through the basic and beginning one, then just messing around and figuring out different things and sounds. So far his tutorials have explained a lot and make it easier to follow the program.

So become efficient at the basics, then find my own personal sound right?
Jan 31 2014 11:03am
Yeah, I would toy around with some sample packs for now.. Arrange yourself a few nice beats and play around with the audio effects and see what they do. It'll come to you once you start messing with shit lol.

Once you get that down, you can start playing around with synthesizers and what not, creating your own sounds from scratch. If you have Ableton Suite, you can start by using the Operator Synth.. It's under the "Instruments" section on the left part of the screen. Drag it into a new Midi channel and play with it.
Feb 1 2014 04:56am
Quote (carmelhockey @ Jan 31 2014 09:03am)
Yeah, I would toy around with some sample packs for now.. Arrange yourself a few nice beats and play around with the audio effects and see what they do. It'll come to you once you start messing with shit lol.

Once you get that down, you can start playing around with synthesizers and what not, creating your own sounds from scratch. If you have Ableton Suite, you can start by using the Operator Synth.. It's under the "Instruments" section on the left part of the screen. Drag it into a new Midi channel and play with it.

Yea that's definitely what Ive been doing. That and have been listening/watching tuts + applying them to ways I can easily remember.

Until then I'm just going to have fun learning something from scratch, it's crazy to learn something new too. But so far I absolutely love it, although I would say I suck haha.

If you dont mind, Im going to friend ya so when I have any other questions, I won't have to search or hunt ya down!! But thank you so much for the help and advice and guidance! Always nice to have a "mentor" no matter what you do!

Feb 1 2014 10:46am
Quote (PwnZone @ Feb 1 2014 05:56am)
Yea that's definitely what Ive been doing. That and have been listening/watching tuts + applying them to ways I can easily remember.

Until then I'm just going to have fun learning something from scratch, it's crazy to learn something new too. But so far I absolutely love it, although I would say I suck haha.

If you dont mind, Im going to friend ya so when I have any other questions, I won't have to search or hunt ya down!! But thank you so much for the help and advice and guidance! Always nice to have a "mentor" no matter what you do!

Works for me man. Essentially, you need to have that period of time where you just tackle it alone. It's going to get goofy but don't plan on having some epic tune made within your first few days. Trial and error. Just shoot me a PM if you have anything specific that you'd like help with.
Feb 1 2014 05:58pm
Quote (carmelhockey @ Feb 1 2014 08:46am)
Works for me man. Essentially, you need to have that period of time where you just tackle it alone. It's going to get goofy but don't plan on having some epic tune made within your first few days. Trial and error. Just shoot me a PM if you have anything specific that you'd like help with.

Definitely. I plan to work alone for quite some time, make some shitty sounds, then figure out my own unique sound. And will for sure keep in touch! Appreciate it!

Feb 1 2014 07:31pm
Quote (PwnZone @ Feb 1 2014 06:58pm)
Definitely. I plan to work alone for quite some time, make some shitty sounds, then figure out my own unique sound. And will for sure keep in touch! Appreciate it!

No problem. I'd also recommend getting a Soundcloud set up for yourself... Not so much now for putting up your own tunes, but just follow your favorite artists, find new ones.. Find shit you never heard and expand your taste. Listen to everything that goes into a production and go from there.
Feb 1 2014 07:44pm
Quote (carmelhockey @ Feb 1 2014 05:31pm)
No problem. I'd also recommend getting a Soundcloud set up for yourself... Not so much now for putting up your own tunes, but just follow your favorite artists, find new ones.. Find shit you never heard and expand your taste. Listen to everything that goes into a production and go from there.

Already have the soundcloud profile and everything!

I also listen to mixify, pandora, spotify, & even beatport playlists on the daily. Like I said I love music and always listen to it!
Go Back To Musicians Chat Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll